Xocrates TWG - GAME OVER - Employees Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:02 pm

I was actually thinking Ace Rimmer was a wolf, since I wasn't totally sure of Pox being a wolf. :p

NeoThermic, I was also a bit surprised that just as I was about to contact you, you contacted me. I got suspicious, and had to go double-check the Seer scrying PM to make sure I hadn't misread. :P Did you send that PM to suspected role hiders?

I probably should have contacted MaximusBrood when you told me he probably was the Director, but I was afraid of hidden roles because of the above. My paranoia must be acting up. :P :oops:

Also, I think the game went on a long time because most of the active people got killed off first, so there wasn't much discussion and voting after a certain point.

Who's hosting the next one? ;)
Last edited by Phelanpt on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:16 pm

ynbniar wrote:
Pox wrote:Well, my vote on day one wasn't considered too well... but the confession was what really blew it. I was surprised Jelco managed to live on so long, though, even with my vote for him counting heavily against his wolfiness.

My mind changing allowed Jelco to live a while longer. I'm not one to be swayed by info from fired employees even if it makes sense :wink:

Before NeoThermic was killed off, I nearly switched my vote to jelco (as I was more sure about him than NeoThermic) but decided against it. I would have tried to sway the rest of you against jelco of course, although not sure how well that would have worked or if it would have made me look more suspicious sooner.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:04 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Xocrates wrote:Day/Night 4: I was half expecting that MaximusBrood would reveal himself this day, although I found it odd that he then failed to take advantage of it. He killed Mas out of nowhere and then faded into the background.
The night had perhaps the most interesting coincidence. jelco votes for elexis, and so does Rabidzombie (someone that previously had only protected himself), only to retract his vote 15 minutes later. He ended up protecting MaximusBrood.

You can blame me for this. I told Rabidzombie that if I were playing the dumb wolf, I'd kill the player that was most critical of the biggest problem player. The day before elexis had gone off on one at me, so it was an obvious play. Why Rabidzombie changed his mind I do not know.

Xocrates wrote:Day/Night 6: I admit, I cheated here. I didn't want the game to end on a coin toss so I killed Ace instead. I decided not to "cheat" again though, as the game had gone for long enough and jelco had been on the noose twice.

I knew it wasn't random! I can understand your need to do it, but I typically give no chances (excluding first days).

My breakdown of the game is rather simple:

Day 1) Roll on first day logic. The best part about most FDL is that it's not random enough to disguise roles. Mainly because those disguising roles are really obvious. Early clues lead me to who HR and who the Director are. Pox becomes suspect #1, and Xarlaxas I PM both on the off chance.

Day 2) Yay, seer contact. I tell him I suspect Xarlaxas and Pox. At this point my model for three wolves is running at 89% for the two suspects due to world idiots confession. At this point I hadn't considered the idea of the fourth wolf because the typical tipping point of wolf #4 is 20 players (more wolves in less players is not only unfair, but makes them more obvious when they "save" each other).

Day 3) the ultimatum needs to drop, but then I discover, to my horror, that the four wolf model returns a positive result (anything higher than 70%) on Jelco being the fourth wolf. I try push this into the mix hoping it'll stick.

Day 4) I have to die today, but before I go down, I need to cast enough doubt onto Jelco to hopefully get him killed before game end. Suddenly Mas is killed. Really, Max, WTF?

Day 5) I die today, but this time there'll be no surprises (again, WTF Max?). Time to push stick onto Jelco to get everyone else to join.

Day 6) I watch everyone kill Ace. I knew he was human and wished everyone else would listen, but I guess it's too much to ask when people suspect you.

Day 7) Yay, die Jelco, die.

NeoThermic

Really sorry. But I know how good you are at IDing players. When you told be you knew I was GA night one, I was suspicious as you yourself said you weren't the seer, and it'd be impossible for you to have known. It was either your detective skills coming into play (correct), or you made a slip up as a wolf (wrong). I became suspicious you were trying to lead my vote away from MaximusBrood (it looked like so), so I tried to protect the only confirmed human.

Also, I was suspicious of Jelco from the moment he voted for me. It was obvious we needed to vote him out, but unfortunately, I became busier than expected and missed any opportunities to do anything.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:30 pm

jelco wrote:Regardless, thanks for hosting Xocrates! :) Who's next?

Jelco

jelco wrote:YOU STOLE MY IDEA

Seriously though, I planned on creating a TWG sometime this week. :P

Jelco

:wink:

And also, thanks Xocrates! :)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm

jelco wrote:All in all, a really, really bad game on the wolves' part. I was incredibly amazed I managed to survive and get Ace blabbering enough to earn him some votes, but that doesn't make up for the fact that this was really poor play.

Regardless, thanks for hosting Xocrates! :) Who's next?

Jelco

Hehe, I would have done so anyway. I was trying to see what kind of reaction I could get out of you and NeoThermic publicly, which I hoped to use as ammunition later.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Introversion Lounge”