Subversion beta?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm

"And even if it does go beta before mid-2010"

This entirely depends on how early on beta testers are brought onto the project. Whereas Multiwinia had the beta testers relatively near the game's completion, other IV games have had beta testers brought in very early (ie Darwinia). Personally, I hope for the second.
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm

True, true. My general point was that we're not going to be starting tomorrow, with all the places going to forum vets. If you want to try for a place by becoming a veteran, there'll most likely be plenty of time to hang around here flaunting your not-an-asshole credentials to get in. Although I feel that IV may go for the more "professional" approach with this one, after getting a QA man in for D+, so forumite testing may only happen towards the end of development.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Xocrates wrote:EDIT: Ninja'd :(
DAMMIT JELCO STOP NINJAING!!
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 am

Who ever is chosen be it professional QA or community members, I doubt anyone will be brought in until a long while.

Just chill out and don't worry about it.
NinjaN
level1
level1

Postby NinjaN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 pm

MikeTheWookiee wrote:Also, I'm thinking the beta can't possibly be due to begin for at the very least 18 months, unless IV really really need the cash. There's no actual game yet (well, Chris hasn't shown us one anyway). And even if it does go beta before mid-2010, I'll eat my hat. And Youtube the results.

I've participated in the MW beta and know the contents of the required NDA (I actually read those things).
[asshole-mode]
This plan of yours is clearly against the NDA, so you are dismissed! One more chance for me, yay!
[/asshole-mode]

Again, I know the beginning of the beta is months if not years away. I just wondered how the previous betas had been organised

But then again, I have my very own theory about Subversion:
Even the staff at IV don't know yet what kind of game Subversion will be!

Just look at the headings of the dev blog: "It's all in your head"
They are clearly addressing this towards us, the fans.

IV just gives us a frame, so-to-speak, wherein the game will be realised. It's my believe that we, the fans, will be creating this game!
This will happen most discretely! IV just shows us the frame through their blog and we then toss in our gameplay ideas. This way IV is creating the game that we always dreamt about!

The world in Subversion is so open right now that it could go anywhere from "SimCity", "Grand Theft Auto", "Command n Conquer" to "Half-Life".
The possibilities are endless right now because of the interactivity inside this world.

But it could also be just a "gotcha"-shooter in procedurally generated citys...

This or I'm just crazy... ;-P

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of Subversion
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:12 pm

NinjaN wrote: plan of yours is clearly against the NDA, so you are dismissed! One more chance for me, yay!
Posting a video of digested hat on Youtube is against the beta NDA? I clearly need to re-read it.
NinjaN wrote:This or I'm just crazy... ;-P
Now there's a thought!
NinjaN
level1
level1

Postby NinjaN » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:52 pm

On further reading it seems I've misread that sentence... :oops:

Mistakes happen... World goes on...
Shandolum
level0

Postby Shandolum » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Just the thing that it auto-generates cities is already something that I find highly interesting. Auto-generating buildings and implementing a light physics within this, is also perfect.

I would be happy if I could see an alpha-testing :P

And there is really a lot of potential, and possible game-ideas that can be done with this, which makes it even more interesting what the end result will be, though mostly hoping it will include some sandbox-kinda game.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Pox wrote:
NinjaN wrote: plan of yours is clearly against the NDA, so you are dismissed! One more chance for me, yay!
Posting a video of digested hat on Youtube is against the beta NDA? I clearly need to re-read it.

If I ever get to write an NDA, I want to put something like that in. :P

Return to “Introversion Lounge”