Games for 2009... And BEYOND!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

zach wrote:In all seriousness though, not eating meat > eating meat, objectively, in almost every way.

Taste being one of those exceptions.

Apparently Tofu Boy will be added in an upcoming patch:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/02/tofu- ... ext-patch/
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Taste is what I reference when I cite the few exceptions I know. I hear human meat is salty but tasty as well, by the way :roll:

One thing though, I can't find a reference to Super Meat Boy on PETAs Tofu Boy site - I would have at least liked a link or something. Or a disclaimer explaining what Super Meat Boy is, because it's obviously an opportunistic homage.

That being said, my thumbs are aching from playing Super Meat Boy for 13 hours. I need bandages IRL.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Meatboy any good if you're not that much of a hardcore games or platformer?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Ubisoft dickheads...I get an email asking for my opinion on Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and I think "oh fine, I'll tell them how much I like the multiplayer"...after a few questions about my demographic up comes the message "Sorry you don't fit into our demographic...end of survey"...wankers!
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 pm

Hahaha, lol, why would you cooperate anyway? It's not like they wanna produce better games... just games that sell better.. so... yea... kinda naive of you don't you think? Ubi is evil and they don't give a shit as they clearly demonstrated to you.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Jordy... wrote:Meatboy any good if you're not that much of a hardcore games or platformer?

Yes.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:02 pm

You're not setting me up are you? ;p I guess I'll have to try it then. Way better alternative then 1 month of hero time in Die2Nite.. fucking bastards.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Anyone who has yet to find a suitable steering wheel for racing might want to take a second look at Fanatec. Their Turbo S wheel was sold out a couple of months ago but the high demand for a new X360 wheel convinced them to create a new one. While they're at it, they've decided to use the fancier rim of the GT3 RS wheel (with Alcantara). Behold, the new Porsche 911 GT2 wheel.

As with Fanatec's previous products, the quality comes with a price tag to match. If you don't need X360 support you should probably consider the GT3 RS which is a rough 70 bucks cheaper. I'm personally very much against 'normal' Logitech G25/G27 wheels because they feel like cheap toys and I can't stand them anymore since I first got my hands on my 911 Turbo S wheel (mentioned several tens of pages back in this topic I believe) but to be honest they are much kinder to your wallet. :P

Forza 3 gamers should know that Fanatec is the only company that produces wheels compatible to and licensed for the Xbox 360 (outside of Microsoft's own plastic piece of garbage). Believe me, you will want this wheel.

By the way, I mentioned earlier that the Turbo S seems to experience minor glitches in Gran Turismo 5. I decided to give the pedals and H shifter a good cleaning because I had not used it for a while before GT5 came in, including the internals and PCBs. This total disassembly and follow-up reassembly resulted in a lot of dust removed from my gear, plus sand from my pedals (that happens when you don't clean/take off your shoes) and sawdust from my shifter (I happen to DIY a lot in the living room). This seems to have solved most of the glitching and additionally the shifter moves a lot easier and cleaner now. Hence, you are warned - Fanatec's stuff, while being extremely high-quality and very durable, are both pricey and require some occasional maintenance (unless of course you are very careful with it as a form of prevention).

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 pm

jelco wrote:Anyone who has yet to find a suitable steering wheel for racing might want to take a second look at Fanatec. Their Turbo S wheel was sold out a couple of months ago but the high demand for a new X360 wheel convinced them to create a new one. While they're at it, they've decided to use the fancier rim of the GT3 RS wheel (with Alcantara). Behold, the new Porsche 911 GT2 wheel.

As with Fanatec's previous products, the quality comes with a price tag to match. If you don't need X360 support you should probably consider the GT3 RS which is a rough 70 bucks cheaper. I'm personally very much against 'normal' Logitech G25/G27 wheels because they feel like cheap toys and I can't stand them anymore since I first got my hands on my 911 Turbo S wheel (mentioned several tens of pages back in this topic I believe) but to be honest they are much kinder to your wallet. :P

Forza 3 gamers should know that Fanatec is the only company that produces wheels compatible to and licensed for the Xbox 360 (outside of Microsoft's own plastic piece of garbage). Believe me, you will want this wheel.

By the way, I mentioned earlier that the Turbo S seems to experience minor glitches in Gran Turismo 5. I decided to give the pedals and H shifter a good cleaning because I had not used it for a while before GT5 came in, including the internals and PCBs. This total disassembly and follow-up reassembly resulted in a lot of dust removed from my gear, plus sand from my pedals (that happens when you don't clean/take off your shoes) and sawdust from my shifter (I happen to DIY a lot in the living room). This seems to have solved most of the glitching and additionally the shifter moves a lot easier and cleaner now. Hence, you are warned - Fanatec's stuff, while being extremely high-quality and very durable, are both pricey and require some occasional maintenance (unless of course you are very careful with it as a form of prevention).

Jelco

Reported as spam. This individual is clearly on Fanatec's payroll. :P
Last edited by Montyphy on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is quite good. If you enjoyed the first two games in the series, this third one is pretty much more of the same, with greatly updated graphics.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Woah, I'd totally forgotten about Golden Sun, never got the 2nd game I must admit, that will probably be difficult to obtain. . . .

Is the third one for the DS or something?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Yup, the first two were for GBA and the new one is for DS.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Montyphy wrote:Reported as spam. This individual is clearly on Fanatec's pay role. :P

A paying role within Fanatec? I wish I could spend money on their behalf. ;)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Gah, payroll ;-;
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:18 pm

I thought you were a native speaker?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”