Games for 2009... And BEYOND!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Games for 2009... And BEYOND!

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:13 am

So, I've reached the center of the Galaxy. Lead 2D armies. Made a giant tower of goo. Killed thousands of zombies. Recovered Thor's Hammer. Killed guys in diving suits with daddy issues. Reached Alpha Centauri, was elected leader of the UN and built the Great Pyramid next to the Great Wall. And now what...

In short, I'm bored, so I was thinking what games can I get in the coming year. Then I thought, why not ask everyone and try to find a few more games that look interesting?

So, what games are you looking forward that supposedly are coming out this year?

My list:

Braid (PC) - February/March
Dawn of War 2 - February
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - (Release???)

Games that in theory come out in 2009
Starcraft 2
Subversion

I might also pick Mirror's Edge if I don't get anything else even mildly interesting until DOW2
Last edited by Xocrates on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:19 am

Mirror's edge is ok over all. Was worth the €25, and that's about it.

A game I am eagerly awaiting is Ghostbusters. If it's even half as good as the trailer's to it I will love it. First thing to do, cross the streams.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 am

Heads up! Crayon Physics Deluxe is released tomorrow.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 pm

woah, the crayon physics game looks interesting, may have to get that.

I haven't really seen any games I *really* want for 2009, I'll probably get Dawn of war 2 because a friend of mind is DoW crazy and wants to play against me, mirrors edge looks fun but is apparently really short.

Although, I am looking forwards to one game of 2009, my new years resolution was to get a game published on xbox live community (the whole building with XNA thing), which is already underway :D
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm

jelco wrote:I'm waiting for Mirror's Edge to make it to the PC, and I might just try and see if Saints Row 2 is any more fun than the overly boring and verbose monster GTA IV when that makes it to the PC as well (which is today, if I'm not mistaken). Burnout Paradise is also one I'm really looking forward to.

Yeah, only PC ports in that list. Fuck the games industry for giving consoles higher priorities. :P

Jelco
Dude, just buy yourself a 360. ;)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:18 pm

shinygerbil wrote:
jelco wrote:I'm waiting for Mirror's Edge to make it to the PC, and I might just try and see if Saints Row 2 is any more fun than the overly boring and verbose monster GTA IV when that makes it to the PC as well (which is today, if I'm not mistaken). Burnout Paradise is also one I'm really looking forward to.

Yeah, only PC ports in that list. Fuck the games industry for giving consoles higher priorities. :P

Jelco
Dude, just buy yourself a 360. ;) And not only pay significantly more for games, but be confined to a controller that you could get for a PC anyway.

Fix'd ;)
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Xocrates wrote:
shinygerbil wrote:

Jelco
Dude, just buy yourself a 360. ;) And not only pay significantly more for games, but be confined to a controller that you could get for a PC anyway.

Fix'd ;)

QFT
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Half-life 2 episode 3 perhaps...
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Ah that's a good point, ep3 should be pretty awesome :D
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Except, of course, that so far there is little indication that that one will actually be released in 2009 :P
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Maybe Empire Total War. I know I've spent a good few hundred hours on the series down the years...
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Rkiver wrote:Mirror's edge is ok over all. Was worth the €25, and that's about it.

A game I am eagerly awaiting is Ghostbusters. If it's even half as good as the trailer's to it I will love it. First thing to do, cross the streams.

I was thinking about getting Mirrors Edge, but a lot of negative comment about the game have been made since it's release. I'll still end up getting it for PC probably...

Also, yes for Ghostbusters. The trailer was great.

Xocrates wrote:Except, of course, that so far there is little indication that that one will actually be released in 2009 :P

Valve Time. And that's before you take Hofstadter's law into account.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 pm

I'm looking forward to Left 4 Dead getting additional content - I can't wait for the other two campaigns to have versus mode enabled on them, it seems like something that the game ought to have shipped with really :? I'm worried that Valve is going to get overwhelmed though, what with still having class packs for TF2 to make, and people expecting entire new L4D campaigns, on top of rumours of Portal 2... god knows when we'll actually see Episode 3!

Other than that, I will definitely check out Braid and Burnout Paradise when they come out on PC. Other than Trackmania (which is a different beast entirely), Burnout's always been the only racing game I've really enjoyed, so it's good to hear that this one's coming to PC. I've heard that it's rather awesome, too.

Oh, and there's a bunch of DS games I'm looking forward to as well. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia gets a European release soon-ish, as does Chrono Trigger (which I'm ashamed to admit, I've never played). They've both been out in America for months though, annoyingly - I suppose the delay is mainly for translations, and since DS games aren't region-locked I might just give in and import them. Also I want N+ on DS, but that doesn't appear to be getting a European release at all, so I'll have to import that too (from the Atari online store: "We're Sorry. One of the products you selected has been excluded from purchase in your country.") :(
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm looking forward to the new Splinter Cell and the new Beyond Good & Evil, which are both supposedly coming "soon" to the X360
I will purchase Mirror's Edge after it gets a price drop. Or maybe I'll rent it
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm

xyzyxx wrote:I'm looking forward to the new Splinter Cell and the new Beyond Good & Evil, which are both supposedly coming "soon" to the X360
I will purchase Mirror's Edge after it gets a price drop. Or maybe I'll rent it

I hear that the new emo-Fisher now uses the knife exclusively to cut himself, it restores health because it make him feel alive.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”