Escape From TWG: Everybody Dies

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm

ynbniar wrote:SOLVE

Press G1,2,3,4, and 5

[size=0]Are we doomed Captain Mainwaring?[/size]
[size=0]Well, you are.[/size]
Whether it was the confinement of the room itself or the thought that nobody would ever come to a real conclusion, ynbniar grabs zjoere and has him lift ynbniar up enough to reach the carvings. (zjoere being the only one that would definitely not try and stop him).

Without hesitation, figures G1-5 are shoved up into the ceiling. Some low rumbling is heard and a quick blast of cool air shoots into the room. Hopeful that he was right, and welcoming the fresh air into the stale room, everybody looks up. Even before ynbniar can jump down to watch his handiwork, four long arms swing out, one from each wall and offset in height enough to pass each other, slicing ynbniar into four sections.

The blades were so sharp that most of the blood splatter came from the different sections hitting the floor (and zjoere), although a few standing close by got it in the face (open-mouthed too). It won't be long before the stale air becomes a pleasant memory.

Result: ynbniar has been killed, G1-5 have been reset by the swinging blades (able to be pushed in again).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:45 pm

The last thing to go through ynbniar's head as he is sliced is "Maybe I'll get a 2nd chance for going for it...OUCH!"

:cry:
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! * runs and hides in corner, shivering *
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:57 pm

Oh dear. *adjusts blood covered spectacles* :shock:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:10 pm

*pulls out handkerchief, weighs up the undesirabilities of a blood-splattered face, a blood-stained hanky, and the wasted water from cleaning both*

Unnerving as that is, I'm not entirely surprised.

Any arguments to contest the matching up of snakes, heads, shapes, and edges the more intuitive way and pressing E1,2,3, and 4 instead?
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Any arguments to contest the matching up of snakes, heads, shapes, and edges the more intuitive way and pressing E1,2,3, and 4 instead?

I fully support you in this decision (hides under a tarp).
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

SOLVE
* notices that the slaughtering of ynbniar has left blood upon the control panel too *

Hey look! Maybe King xkcd is trying to give us a hint.
Can somebody lift me up there? I'll press those blood-stained buttons then.

Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:18 pm

*he raises an eyebrow*

What, yer gonna go up there, what with all that blood and... er... total minging... no idea what that is....

But, alright then, hop on my shoulders if you're so certain...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 pm

Well erm, bugger. I guess that's what you get for trusting an ungulate.
Admittedly, it is quite tricky translating from llama to English. So many different pitches, meaning is frequently lost in the process.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... sorry ynbniar! :(
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:53 pm

okay, wich of you bloody buggers is next. I'm not gonna stand here under the bloody ceiling all day. Get of your lazy ass stupid bitches !
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Sir? That gentleman up there pushing the buttons isn't too pleased with your rushing him so.

[size=0]And bitch is such an uncouth thing to say, paramour of one's hound.[/size]
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 pm

That gentleman up there surely could afford to loose a couple of pounds, stupid lardass he is !
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 pm

MaximusBrood jumps on zjoere's shoulders for a second attempt at solving the puzzle, with a strange sense of confidence in the face of the gruesome death that everybody just witnessed. Reaching up, he pushes all four of the sphinx in. Nothing happens.

"Oh, let me push that one all the way in!", he says laughing. The moment it's fully in, a strange noise is heard above and a section of the ceiling about five meters over swings open. Everybody in the room cheers as they realize they just gained entrance to the room above.

Thankfully, only those on the shorter end of the group must be helped up to reach the grips provided on the door. Everyone else is able to jump high enough. Once all are in the room above, the door is closed to help keep the smell of death out, hopefully.

This room obviously is modeled after what the living believed to be the realm of the gods. Pictures and murals and carvings of all kinds of astrological symbols and strange non-human "creatures" are everywhere. Of considerable note is an obvious over sized rendering of King xkcd who is holding a scroll, upon which this is displayed:

Also in the room, four levers on each wall (16 total, four identical sets of four) approximately 150mm off the floor. Each set includes a lever representing: Stars, Sun, Moon, Earth.

Task: Determine which lever/s should be moved. You must be specific in which wall/s and which lever/s.

Explanation of Puzzle 1:

Wikipedia wrote:In geometry a self-replicating tiling is a tiling pattern in which several congruent tiles may be joined together to form a larger tile that is similar to the original. This is an aspect of the field of study known as tessellation. The "sphinx" hexiamond is the only known self-replicating pentagon.[1] For example, four such concave pentagons can be joined together to make one with twice the dimensions.[2] Solomon W. Golomb coined the term Rep-tiles for self-replicating tilings.

Note: the room was not a pentagon. :shock: There were Four (4) Five-Headed Snakes, one in each corner. Or, four five sided Rep-4 "Rep-Tiles". The "only one" comment was in reference to only known rep-4 pentagon. Congratulations, sorry for the untimely death. :P

MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Woo!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 pm

Think we should be doing grid references for those stars?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”