Introversion Software | Internal Badge Reward System Online

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:57 pm

I should have 8 around now

Code: Select all

Beta Match Winner Badge
Friend of IV Badge
Bronze Loyalty Badge
Silver Loyalty Badge
Bronze Posts Badge
Silver Posts Badge
Gold Posts Badge
Multiwinia Beta Test Badge
^_^
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:02 pm

You can only ever have 1 loyalty badge and 1 posts badge at a time.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:11 pm

But having them suggests that you did get the ones previous, hence the question of someone previous as to whether they stacked, I believe Hugh said yes, and he made the system! :P
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Kunshu wrote:But having them suggests that you did get the ones previous, hence the question of someone previous as to whether they stacked, I believe Hugh said yes, and he made the system! :P

Didn't you pinch enough foamwinians last night :wink:
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Shhhhhh! There's no evidence I took anything, Rkiver was guarding the tower the whole time. <.< >.>
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:08 am

Why do we have incentives already and no badges to earn? Unless you count buying the dev CD, meeting a member of IV, or just plain posting more earning badges.

I'd really love to see some sort of I dunno, organisation or direction to this whole badge business, because so far it's been pretty lame...
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:22 am

Kunshu wrote:Shhhhhh! There's no evidence I took anything, Rkiver was guarding the rocket until he left. <.< >.>

Fix'd. ;)

Also, I'd also like some more badges which you can really earn without needing too much luck or lack of a social life. ;) I think the Badge Ideas topic had quite some interesting ones, the 'Helpful Soul' badge being the best one you can really work for to earn.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:43 am

The GoldFish wrote:Why do we have incentives already and no badges to earn? Unless you count buying the dev CD, meeting a member of IV, or just plain posting more earning badges.

I'd really love to see some sort of I dunno, organisation or direction to this whole badge business, because so far it's been pretty lame...

Agreed. If there are going to be prizes there need to be some productivity related badges. Membership length and posts are fine, but they don't really mean anything and virtually everyone has one version of each. The beta badges are somewhat productive, but something along the lines of mod development or helping out in the support forums or developing artwork or something else for IV would seem to be what most of the badges should be given for. That way people have some productive things they can do to get badges and prizes.
Culex
level1
level1

Postby Culex » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:11 am

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:The beta badges are somewhat productive, [...]

The main problem of the beta badges is that you can't control if you get one or not. Introversion defines if one gets beta tester.
Trust
level3
level3

Postby Trust » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:26 am

Culex wrote:

The main problem of the beta badges is that you can't control if you get one or not. Introversion defines if one gets beta tester.

If you don't get into the betas, you're just not awesome enough :p
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Culex wrote:

You can sign-up and if selected you can be an active tester. So there are things you can do, but, yes, the reason "somewhat" is that you don't have full control over being selected.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:if selected you can be an active tester.

This doesn't actually affect whether you get the badge or not - you have the badge once you get into a beta, if you don't do anything from thereon I don't think you're actually going to get removed from the beta group, and as such will keep the badge.

Also note that people who participated in previous betas have an advantage during the initial selection. So yes, the beta badges are hardly productive, or at least not productive in the sense of potential 'community contributor' badges.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:02 pm

jelco wrote:
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:if selected you can be an active tester.

This doesn't actually affect whether you get the badge or not - you have the badge once you get into a beta, if you don't do anything from thereon I don't think you're actually going to get removed from the beta group, and as such will keep the badge.

Also note that people who participated in previous betas have an advantage during the initial selection. So yes, the beta badges are hardly productive, or at least not productive in the sense of potential 'community contributor' badges.

There is nothing to say IV couldn't limit beta badges to active testers, that's IV's decision. My point however was that you tend to stand a better chance to get into beta for the next game if you are an active tester on the previous game(s). I got into the Defcon beta mainly because I had been active on the forums regarding Uplink. IV tend to do a more or less random selection for betas, but will also handpick others who have been active in the community regarding previous games.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 am

*What Jelco said*

Good for me then. In the meantime I will invent an ingenious plan to abduct one if the IV staff and bring them to Australia just so I can get the 'Met an IV member' badge. MWAHAHAHA!

-wait, should i have said that?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I qualify! Woo!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”