Reviews - can you help?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Reviews - can you help?

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:01 am

Hi guys & gals,

It seems like the world is falling apart around us and in times of need we all need to club together! Sales of Multiwinia haven't been the strongest, but this isn't why I'm writing... well not this time :)

I have a friend who is also feeling the pinch in these economically turbulent times which is unfortunate because he's just recently set-up a new business selling the popular German 'Trekstore' products in the UK. Over a couple of beers, swapping war stories we thought we might be able to help each other out a bit - him getting his friends and customers to help spread the word about Multiwinia and me asking my pals and friends of Introversion to do the same for him.

It's pretty simple really, he's selling a couple of portable hard discs on Amazon, but desperately needs some positive reviews. Amazon are cool with this. So if you have a moment and are feeling a benevolent with your time, have already bought one of these drives, and want to indirectly through reciprocal goodness, help-the-cause, could you head on over to Amazon (two links below) and post a positive review on these two products...

Microdisk 120GB:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TrekStor-Microd ... 991&sr=8-2

DataStation Maxi n.u 160GB:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TrekStor-DataSt ... 599&sr=1-4

I'm sure Nolan (my friend) will be eternally grateful and with any luck we'll get a couple of Trekstore customers into Multiwinia too :D

Thanks in advance!

Tom.
Last edited by Tom on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Yes.

I am not really sure about this - you want us to review a product we haven't tried?

I can see where you're coming from, and why it would be good for your friend (and by extension, you lot). I bet you could use a little (lot?) more attention from the world, regarding Multiwinia.

It all just sounds a bit - dishonest to me, honestly. Maybe this is just my conscience butting in - I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with people reviewing the products.
It's for a good cause, and hopefully the products aren't so terrible that eventual buyers would become dissatisfied with them - I'm guessing the opposite.

I am quite aware that both your friend and Introversion need all the positivity and attention you can get - but (and this might just be me being a pansy) I'd rather not review something before trying it.

- Or did I get this completely wrong?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Well, I figured he meant review it if you've actually used the product.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Can't he just review it himself under some aliases ?
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:14 pm

I agree with zanzer7, I just don't feel right recommending a product when I have no personal experience with either it or the company.

I wish him the best though!
Tom
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Sorry guys, in my enthusiastic rush, I implicitly assumed that this would be picked up by IV fans who had already bought one of these drives. I've amended the post to clarify...

Seem to be having one of those week! :oops:
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:37 pm

I assumed that was what was meant but alas I don't own any of those devices and am saving up money for other things. ^^; Otherwise I'd be very happy to help.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”