Jelco's CERN TWG - Day 10: Internet outage

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Tight schedule, premature day end.

March 2nd, 2009 - 11:08 PM
CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland
Building 513 - Computer Centre

It has taken some debating, but the scientists have agreed to lock up Nimbus. Mas Tnega exchanges his set of keys with the new prisoner before they throw him inside the prison door, which closes as quickly through hidden mechanics as it opened. Plates of dinner are shoved into the room from under the door, which they gleefully take up after the tiring voting sessions of today. After that, they all go to sleep, to wait for the next day...

It is now Night. The night will probably end in 5 hours or so. People know what PMs to send me, so do so! No-one is forced to PM me anything, but specials have to realize that they'll get random people to have their powers used on.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:59 pm

March 2nd, 2009 - 08:17 PM
Brussels, Belgium
European Parliament

An urgent debate has been called to discuss the events at CERN. Some of the nations believe that their people are at risk by being locked up with potential terrorists, others believe it's too dangerous to let the experiment go on altogether. The entire parliament in the end decides that it is too unorganized to let the debate go on, and it is postponed to an unspecified time to allow preparation of a more organized discussion.

March 3rd, 2009 - 07:21 AM
CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland
Building 513 - Computer Centre

When the 19 physicists wake up the following morning they are given breakfast in the same fashionable way as they got their dinner last night. A newspaper is also flung into the room, informing them of the international concern for the situation they are in. It is decided that they will have to do this as quickly as possible, but not overhasten the process of voting people off. Only one person will end up in jail today.

It is now Day. The day closes in somewhat more than 24 hours, probably 29 by the looks of the clock. Disclaimer: the story is not going to influence the game in any way, it's just something that justifies writing a story in the first place that consists of more than messages that another person has been jailed or another night has passed. ;)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Best Defense is a Good Offense.

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Once again my vote goes to Mas Tnega. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:55 pm

I've had some complaints regarding the shortness of last night, so I figured I'd best ask you people to see what works best. With the ADA members not being forced to PM anything I can't really say "night ends after all specials have PMed me" but I don't want to make it too long either. What do you suggest?

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:00 pm

The length isn't really something set in stone, it could really be longer or shorter than what you made it. The only real issue with length is that since this is a global game with people in many different time zones, it just needs to be long enough that anyone who does need to PM has a reasonable opportunity to do so based upon the time in their area.

For example, if it was running five hours but those five hours went from 1 AM to 6 AM for a special, than it isn't fair to expect them to fit that time frame.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 pm

Nimbus wrote:Interesting... Perhaps Max and Gerbil are ADA? That or Llama and Rabid... Or it's all just random speculation... Bah, too confusing.

It was actually a reference to my first post in xander's Darwinia TWG. (after which I was slaughtered mercilessly along with vanarbulax)
Anyway, your inability to discern meaningless First Day Logic from reasonable suspicions makes me suspect you, Nimbus (idiot-retract).
Last edited by MaximusBrood on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LLamaBoy
level5
level5

Postby LLamaBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:34 pm

MaximusBrood wrote:
Nimbus wrote:Interesting... Perhaps Max and Gerbil are ADA? That or Llama and Rabid... Or it's all just random speculation... Bah, too confusing.

It was actually a reference to my first post in xander's Darwinia TWG. (after which I was slaughtered mercilessly along with vanarbulax)
Anyway, your inability to discern meaningless First Day Logic from reasonable suspicions makes me suspect you, Nimbus.

Erm, grats on paying attention there, he got locked up already!

I'll wait for some more discussion before casting a vote, but I must say it was interesting to note how MaximusBrood jumped to shiny's defense... Also, RabidZombie seemed a bit fast on calling him out on it. Maybe a bit of reverse psychology co-operation by the resident eco-terrorist nutjobs? :P
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 pm

Regarding the night, the time it starts (and therefore when it ends) is fixed well enough so PMs can be sent in advance if they wouldn't arrive in time otherwise. In fact, I don't quite see why we need a night of any real life lenght in the first place.

Regarding today's decision, hmm. Mas took my hat. But I'd rather like to make an experiment to test a theory, so MaximusBrood (retracted) for now. He seems unusually detached, bashing a new user for not remembering a game where he wasn't here yet, and voting for someone already out.
Last edited by bert_the_turtle on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:20 pm

That's an excellent point, so I am going to vote for Feud (retracted). :P
One issue I see is that there is little enough to go on here: no night killings means 2nd day logic and so forth is little better than first day logic.
That said, I will change my vote when it seems an actual target exists.

Shwart!!
Last edited by Shwart!! on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:28 pm

MaximusBrood, since bert tends to know what he's doing.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:29 pm

And with MaximusBrood being the best lead I've seen thus far...
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 pm

MaximusBrood reminds me a bit of zjoere in their first TWG - voting off Feud even though Feud wasn't even in the TWG.

Max is doing a bit better than that, but not by much, now.

- Also, yes, there seems to be nothing more than first-day logic for us to do for now - and hope that someone slips up.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 am

Wow, look at the sheep! I thought scientist were supposed to be objective and question the status quo? I mean, that is why we're here in the first place, right?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
AgentX 24
level4
level4

Postby AgentX 24 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:25 am

Bert. I don't trust no pl*ns. Th*ories neither.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:14 am

Meh. Feud doesn't need a random vote, so I revise my accusation to, once again, read Shwart!!
Hopefully third day logic will yield something constructive, but so far all we have to go on is the inattentiveness of one member.
And while he presents an attractive target, I don't enjoy bandwagonning for such flimsy reasons.

Granted, there aren't any other reasons to jail anybody yet, but still...
EDIT: Actually, I'm kinda suspicious of Ace Rimmer. He's been voting almost randomly, with no logical explanations given, in a consistently suspicious manner. Note how eager he seems to be to jail Mas, for instance, without much apparent reason.
However, until he incriminates himself more, or does something to remove said suspicions, I will refrain from voting against him.

Shwart!!
Last edited by Shwart!! on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”