Nightmare Creatures TWG: Day 9, Conclusion

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm

vanarbulax wrote:Hmmm... pox didn't vote, definitely suspicious, though it proves he wasn't involved in tonights murder.
I don't quite follow that logic, what stopped Pox from dreaming just because he didn't vote?

On the assumption that info provided by Ace was correct:

Pox is the only one (aside from vanarbulax) who was there and still alive at vanarbulax's not-a-death. It's possible Pox is the protector, and just not having much luck at protecting people, but there's a small chance he's a possesed.

Mas Tnega, Dirty Harry Potter and vanarbulax are the only ones still alive from Zjoere's death. Again, a small chance they're possessed. If vanarbulax is the intruder, that increases the chances of DHP and Mas being possessed (assuming ynbniar wasn't).

That just leaves me who's not been in a dream. All-in-all, none of this helps very much :P

I'm suspicious of Pox based on the lack of any other saves (and my suspicion of vanarbulax's truthfulness). If I run along the assumption of neither telling the truth (I might well be wrong, but what else do I go on?), it could fit that both are the final possessed. I'm going to go for vanarbulax.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, all votes are in. I'm giving you maybe two more hours to start changing your mind, otherwise I'll end the day early.

Of course, feel free to send in dream or coffee wishes already.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

"Herr Doktor Plinthenheimer is the last one of the Possessed!" they say. Small voices of doubt pointing at other survivors are quickly silenced and Plinthenheimer's feeble protests are ignored. He gives into his fate and lets himself be quietly led down to the secret chamber. With a sad but dignified look on his face, he stands on the trapdoor and does not even scream as he disappears into the depth.

Hoping that this is now all over, the four survivors prepare for one last night, planning to leave this cursed place tomorrow morning.

Day 8 is over, Mas Tnega has been sacrificed. Send your dreams!
Day will start once I have all dream wishes. Of course, it's not over :)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:11 am

The Procrastinator finds himself imprisoned in a small, windowless cell. There is a chair and a desk, a pen, some stacks of paper and books, and a toilet in the corner. Whoever keeps him there does not seem to have any interest in interrogating him or anything, even after what appears to be several weeks of waiting, nobody has contacted him. But they seem to have an interest in keeping him healthy; through a drawer in the wall, he is supplied with food and water and more office supplies. When he puts one of the books into the drawer, he receives a fresh one the next day. Used up pencils get renewed.

At first, the Procrastinator makes some attempts at communication on his own, writing into the books or leaving notes in the drawer, but he gets no answer. He also checks all means of escape; but the walls are solid granite without any hole large enough for him to fit through (how did he get in there?) and none of the tools he receives can make a dent in them. But with time, he gets used to the situation and spends his time reading, researching, meditating and exercising, keeping his mind sharp.

In the morning, someone is found dead lying in the Procrastinator's bed. But it can't be him; it is an old man, while vanarbulax was in his best years. Or can it? He is wearing the right clothes, and on the second look, the dead man also has vanarbulax' amulet of honor around his neck. Creepy. His remains passed over to the lava, and after a short pause for grief, for now definitely the last time, fingers start pointing again.

vanarbulax has died of old age. It is now Day 9. Vote!
Day will end as soon as two of you have settled to sacrifice the third. Choose wisely.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 am

So much for Pox being the protector then.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44 am

Well, shit, my hunch about vanarbulax was wrong, and I didn't dream about him. Don't think I'm the protector anyway, though.
If vanarbulax was not possessed, his observation of DHP yesterday makes me think DHP is innocent: so I'm hoping MrBunsy is the culprit.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am

I'll go with MrBunsy (retracted) I think. Hoping that I do not get it wrong and end up dead :P Edit: Though feel free to send PMs or write any reasons as to why I should not vote for you :P As it seems I'm going to be the one to decide XD. So... bert, don't end the day quite yet.
Last edited by Dirty Harry Potter on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:04 pm

I've been dull enough to not be in any dreams, though I can't think of a way to prove this. You can both see that I've not been in any kill-dreams that have been observed.

I'm highly suspicious of Pox due to fact that he's either not the protector (so has no reason to have not been following xocrate's plan) or was following yesterday's plan, is lieing, and is possessed. Perhaps he didn't know this, but I can't see much reason to recon he's telling the truth.
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Well, it's been a crap day and I'm tired, so I don't really have the energy to defend myself much more and let us win. Your call, Mr DHP.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Changing to Pox (retracted). He was in Vanar's save, and it is indeed odd that he didn't aim for saving vanar.
Last edited by Dirty Harry Potter on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 pm

I guess it's fair if we give Pox time for another post, and DHP to react to it. Considering the time zone business, that means extending the day for another 10-12 hours. Of course, I don't limit you to the Pox vs. MrBunsy choice, the two can also still switch their votes. If not, It's DHP's call to end the day.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 pm

DHP: :(

I don't believe I'm the protector: I was not following Xocrates' pl*ns because I have a hatred of them, and was wary of him leading us astray.
As to last night, I did not want to dream of vanarbulax, whether or not I was the protector: I had a hunch that he was possessed from the start, but also thought that if he wasn't, he'd be a possessed target, and I didn't want to be caught up in the dream: knowing how much suspicion has been cast on me so far, you'd probably believe the possessed over me when we both you we witnessed each other in the dream.

I can only ask you to change your mind, but maybe we just lose.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Bah, going by my original hunch, now with magical stardust flavour.

MrBunsy. That's final, now let's end this game.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 pm

After exchanging some glances and a nod, Dr. Josef von Goebbels and Dr. Miramoto Okiwa quickly grab Doktor Plinthenheimer's former assistant, hit him over the head with a nearby heavy object and drag him into the underground chanber. Along the way, he half-consciously mumbles some protesting words, but they don't seem to influence the two. Herr Nadel is put onto the trapdoor, the two men give him some kicks into the stomach as a farewell, then they pull the lever together, and Herr Nadel tumbles down into a fiery death.

Just as the two survivors want to return to their sleeping quarters, both expecting to die that night, the orb begins to glow with a faint blue light. It increases in intensity and just as it gets too bright to bear and the men begin to cover their eyes, it fades again, leaving only afterimages.

Oddly, the afterimages form up to the shape of the late Bulletproof Abbot and begin to talk: "Done well you have. Big the sacrifices where, but banished all evil spirits you have. One last favor I have to ask of you: Take the orb away, make sure never it can return to this place. Too great the dangers are. No more monks there are to stop Lhuchtu the next time." After that, he vanishes, and only is left in the memories of he two scientist as if it all was just a dream.

The next morning, Goebbles and Miramoto bid farewell. A drawing of straws determined hat Goebbles is to take Lhuchtu's orb with him. Bringing it back for the Fuehrer was his plan all the time, so he takes this burden pride. Mission accomplished. Miramoto has collected massive amounts of spectral radiation data with the equipment he brought, so he is not leaving empty handed either.

MrBunsy has been sacrificed. He was the last of the Possessed, so: Game over, regular good guys win!

I'll be posting the notes I made during the game later.

Possessed:
Mas Tnega
MrBunsy
MikeTheWookiee
Xocrates
ynbniar

(Phelanpt startet out as Possessed, but didn't become active; when he announced he was probably going offline, his role was redistributed randomly to Xocrates)

Intruder: vanarbulax (Xocrates was the other candidate)
Protector: Kunshu (jelco was the other candidate)

The unknown kills all were the work of MrBunsy, only Ace was killed by Mas Tnega. And in the first kill, he had help from MikeTheWookiee.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 am

Well I'm glad I worked out I was most likely possessed...except it was also obvious to everyone else :roll: ...interesting variant though.

Cheers bert

Return to “Introversion Lounge”