Nightmare Creatures TWG: Day 9, Conclusion

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday and last night. I was busy with a LAN and later some Magic: The Gathering drafting. I'm going to reread yesterdays events and then find out what to do.
Last edited by Dirty Harry Potter on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Since Xocrates seems so intent on his infernal plan, and he was one of those present at vanarbulax's near-death-experience (yes, hypocritical, but I don't believe I'm possessed), I'll chuck a vote staight back. :)
Last edited by Pox on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:13 pm

Damn drunken fish getting in the way of everything

Xocrates wrote:Okay, phelant wasn't even among the list for dreaming tonight on the pl*n.

Well that would be the fundamental flaw with the pl*n, the possessed only have to pick someone who isn't scheduled to be dreamt about and if everyone else follows the pl*n then there are no witnesses. That being said,did anyone witness anything?

And since the decision last night was kushu I'm going to have to go with Xocrates because I'm going to stick with my assumption that there were two possessed who knew each other on night 5. Plus he's using his plan to justify everything and while that is not a crime within itself we just saw last night how flimsy his plan can be. I suggest someone else who isn't currently a suspect draw up tonight's voting list (not Xocrates, Pox or Mas Tnega).
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Xocrates, because I'm surprised by how he still thinks not following the plan means a damn anymore. Every single night has had someone not follow it, and not necessarily the same people. It's got nothing to do with being possessed, and everything to do with finding out if we're possessed and not having to tell you.

Nonetheless, I propose a slightly different pl*n. Xocrates and some others should dream about me. If I die, kill Xocrates, present or not. Sound unfair? Tough shit, that's how the game's already been played for three nights.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:41 pm

vanarbulax wrote:Well that would be the fundamental flaw with the pl*n, the possessed only have to pick someone who isn't scheduled to be dreamt about and if everyone else follows the pl*n then there are no witnesses. That being said,did anyone witness anything?

The pl*n assumed most people didn't knew they were possessed by the time it came into effect, something I still think to be correct. Consider this: I wasn't involved in any death prior to yesterday, and indeed if my intention was to mislead you while I hid in the shadows one must wonder why was I even involved in a kill yesterday, like you said it would be easy for me to hide among the ones that had not been selected and probably score a few extra kills undetected.

Also, most of the few suspects we have are a consequence of the pl*n, and quite frankly we have the lists of who was involved in all deaths prior to today except shinygerbil's and MikeTheWookie's and there are no repetitions. Even if two possessed are aware of each other they would be doing so in flimsy ground.

It is possible I'm indeed possessed, but I have little reason to believe so. The most pressing matter is that several possessed may know who they are (although I still doubt they know for sure who the others are), either way at least we have a rather long list of suspects, one of which you're also a part of.

And considering you failed to mention that fundamental flaw of the pl*n until today, a pl*n that actually kind of worked until today giving us several people to look out for, and which you are now trying to not only send into the ground but also turning it against me.

This also brings me to an interesting possibility, maybe there indeed are two possessed that knew each other, and now I'm thinking: Pox was not meant to be there last night and you were nowhere to be seen, then you insist on not killing anyone of that group yesterday (despite the fact that you're trying to kill one of them today with no additional evidence) saying you did not want to risk killing a protector. So maybe you did drink coffee the previous night, and used that as giving a fellow possessed an upper edge by making people believe he was a protector.

Tell me varnabulax, what changed since yesterday that I'm not only no longer eligible as a protector, but also downright evil?

EDIT:

MasTnega wrote:Nonetheless, I propose a slightly different pl*n. Xocrates and some others should dream about me. If I die, kill Xocrates, present or not. Sound unfair? Tough shit, that's how the game's already been played for three nights.

Care to elaborate? That's not true and you know it. I also find amusing that people complain that the pl*n is not working when they not even try to follow it.
Last edited by Xocrates on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Okay the idea I've come up with: Mas Tnega (or Xocrates if he's not killed today) and Pox dream about me tonight. If I die then we know that Pox isn't the protector and is probably possessed and Mas Tnega is probably as well since there would probably be two possessed, if it happens that the possessed choose me as a victim and I don't doe then we know that pox is the protector. I've also managed also managed to get into contact with the intruder so we will know if they go sneaking off to secret meetings.
Last edited by vanarbulax on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I'd say it sounds fair, but I trust your intruder as far I can comfortably deepthroat a rosestalk.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:I'd say it sounds fair, but I trust your intruder as far I can comfortably deepthroat a rosestalk.

....yeow. :shock:
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm

(I originally edited my last post to have this but more people posted before I finished)

Xocrates wrote:And considering you failed to mention that fundamental flaw of the pl*n until today, a pl*n that actually kind of worked until today giving us several people to look out for, and which you are now trying to not only send into the ground but also turning it against me.

I failed to mention it beforehand because, quite frankly, I wasn't paying much attention to it. I have my own investigations to run and the pl*n was almost always posted after I went to bed. About trying to send it to the ground now, I've always be hesitant of the plan, numerous times mentioning that I don't think we should follow it blindly.

Xocrates wrote:This also brings me to an interesting possibility, maybe there indeed are two possessed that knew each other, and now I'm thinking: Pox was not meant to be there last night and you were nowhere to be seen, then you insist on not killing anyone of that group yesterday (despite the fact that you're trying to kill one of them today with no additional evidence) saying you did not want to risk killing a protector. So maybe you did drink coffee the previous night, and used that as giving a fellow possessed an upper edge by making people believe he was a protector.

I can only say that I didn't drink coffee that night. I specifically called for a protector on the forums in hope of getting protection since I had revealed information, even if I didn't get a protector I figured it would dissuade the possessed from going for me.

Xocrates wrote:Tell me varnabulax, what changed since yesterday that I'm not only no longer eligible as a protector, but also downright evil?

Partially because I'm working on the assumption there were two possessed and partially because of how insanely hard you are fighting for a pl*n which I do not propose to get rid of but instead want to change hands on who orders the votes so it can't be fiddled with.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:47 pm

vanarbulax wrote:because of how insanely hard you are fighting for a pl*n which I do not propose to get rid of but instead want to change hands on who orders the votes so it can't be fiddled with.

If anyone else has a better suggestion I'm fine with it, I don't think I've ever been "insanely" defending the pl*n other that pointing out that if people won't follow it won't even work (which is something only the possessed should be trying to do)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Except the possessed don't know if they are, so that's complete and utter bullshit, isn't it?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Night One: shinygerbil

Night Two: Jelco's death
Ace Rimmer (Jack Thomson)
MarvinTheParanoidElectricMonk
MikeTheWookiee ( Dr. G.)
Phelanpt (The Ballancer of Weight)
zjoere (Dr. Mengele)

Night Three: MikeTheWookiee

Nothing reported. I believe that two possessed found themselves here. Perhaps only two possessed left and only two went for MikeTheWookiee? Otherwise somebody that was there that figured out they're not possessed would've spoken up? Unless they were killed off later. ?

Night Four: Zjoere's death
Mas Tnega (Herr Doktor Plinthenheimer)
Dirty Harry Potter (Dr. Miramoto Okiwa, Japan, G-Force, Radiologist)
vanarbulax (The Procrastinator)
ynbniar

I belive the possessed confirmed themselves here and/or met another one or something happened to allow them to plan Night Five Fake Save.

NIght Five: vanarbulax Save (believe to be fake)
Pox
Xocrates
Kunshu

Night Six: Phelanpt

Nobody has spoken up once again, who are you people that dreamt of MikeTheWookiee and Phelanpt? If nobody speaks up, or if somebody does but nobody backs them up we can be sure that there are at least two possessed still around working together. Small chance there's only one hiding.

Anyway, my vote goes to vanarbulax as I stated above. Fake save. If I've missed the dreamers for Night Three or Night Six, point me there please.

Here is my plan, everybody but vanarbulax, Pox, and Xocrates dream about me tonight. vanarbulax, Pox, and Xocrates should dream about each other and if they dream about me, then they are trying to screw things up and should be considered possessed.

Why have them dream about each other? Well since possessed can kill each other, why not. So...

vanarbulax dream about Pox
Pox dream about Xocrates
Xocrates dream about vanarbulax

Everybody else dream about me. One of them should die, then we can go about lynching the others based on what happens. Since everybody would be dreaming about me, we can get a "real" list of who dreamt what. If this plan is followed, assuming there are no other possessed out there that haven't figured out what they are or who the others are, I will not die nor be saved and we'll have cornered at least one possessed person. Thoughts?

I also ask the monks to pray for an extension today.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Psst, Kunshu's dead.
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Ace, you missed a dreamer on Night 4. Ynbniar was there too.

I'm going to go along with vanarbulax. I think it's likely that there were 2 possessed on Night 4, and I suspect him more than Mas (though that's just gut feeling).
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Except the possessed don't know if they are, so that's complete and utter bullshit, isn't it?

If you play from the start from the assumption you're possessed, then there is little point to the game since no-one will ever share information, making everyday a day 1.

Either way, I'm up for Ace's pl*n, although I would recommend adding one of the least likely suspects to ensure someone doesn't dream for the wrong person in an attempt to frame someone else.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”