old topics being bumped *question*

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:42 pm

You don't need to keep repeating that you're making a game. We got the point the first time you said it.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm making a game HEY GUYS I'M MAKING A GAME I'm making a game.

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:28 pm

gosox wrote:Of course I'm still here. I'm glad to see all of you still reading, and replying to, my posts. Now, the post that phenlapt (I cba to check spelling -- I don't even know what this means -- ed.) is referring to is still number 1 on the list. This means that it's not going to die for some time, proving my point that some posts are better to be bumped, and if they die, they die. (I'm not sure what this means, either -- ed.) Of course, I will always be here, just to enjoy my stay, as I'm sure, all of you will.

There, I fixed it for you. If you look at the below (which is the same block of text, but without color), you will realize that it is much, much easier to read, and makes you sound a lot smarter than you really are:

gosox, edited wrote:Of course I'm still here. I'm glad to see all of you still reading, and replying to, my posts. Now, the post that phenlapt (I cba to check spelling) is referring to is still number 1 on the list. This means that it's not going to die for some time, proving my point that some posts are better to be bumped, and if they die, they die. Of course, I will always be here, just to enjoy my stay, as I'm sure, all of you will.

That being said, I don't see how anything you have said makes any sense. The fact that a post is first on the list does not imply that it needs to be bumped. There are several reasons not to bump topics, many of which have been discussed already. However, everyone has missed out on one of the more important ones: often, people bump topics in order to ask a question. Either they get an answer, or they don't. However, most of those people are one post wonders -- they ask their question, then leave (either with an answer or not). If you bump a four year old post, the only person who cares about it (i.e. the person that asked the question) is long gone.

Also, I would suggest that you do not taunt the admins. No one here is going to miss you when you are banned. If you really don't care if you get banned, maybe you should do the polite thing, and leave right now, rather than aggravating people for no reason. But, hey, I don't think that is going to happen. Clearly, you suffer from some form of brain damage, and manners are not your forte.

xander
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 pm

xander wrote:(I cba to check spelling -- I don't even know what this means -- ed.)

"I can't be arsed to check my spelling."

I also didn't understand it. I put it down to his typing being so crap I couldn't decide if it was a typo or an acronym.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:53 pm

I've sorta ignored this topic (except for picking at Stewsburntmonkey) but went back and read the first page or two. Anyway...

gosox, Fix'd wrote:Of crouse I'm slitl hree. I'm gald to see all of you slitil rdeinag and rinpelyg to, my ptoss. Now, the psot taht phenlapt (I cba to ccehk sllinpeg) is rrrniefeg to is stlil neubmr 1 on the lsit. Tihs mneas that it's not gniog to die for smoe tmie, porinvg my pinot that smoe pstos are bteetr to be bpeumd, and if tehy die, they die. Of crouse, I will awlyas be here, just to eojny my saty, as I'm srue, all of you wlil.

:P

Seems appropriate.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Rkiver wrote:His name isn't Neo...

Whoa... :D
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:16 pm

Feud wrote:
Rkiver wrote:His name isn't Neo...

Whoa... :D
It's.

MR. ANDERSON!
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:I've sorta ignored this topic (except for picking at Stewsburntmonkey) but went back and read the first page or two. Anyway...

gosox, Fix'd wrote:Of crouse I'm slitl hree. I'm gald to see all of you slitil rdeinag and rinpelyg to, my ptoss. Now, the psot taht phenlapt (I cba to ccehk sllinpeg) is rrrniefeg to is stlil neubmr 1 on the lsit. Tihs mneas that it's not gniog to die for smoe tmie, porinvg my pinot that smoe pstos are bteetr to be bpeumd, and if tehy die, they die. Of crouse, I will awlyas be here, just to eojny my saty, as I'm srue, all of you wlil.

[/qoute]

what the fuck man
my spelling isn't that bad, so just shut the fuck up
craig is the man
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:55 am

gosox wrote:
Ace Rimmer"]I've sorta ignored this topic (except for picking at Stewsburntmonkey) but went back and read the first page or two. Anyway...

[quote="gosox, Fix'd wrote:
Of crouse I'm slitl hree. I'm gald to see all of you slitil rdeinag and rinpelyg to, my ptoss. Now, the psot taht phenlapt (I cba to ccehk sllinpeg) is rrrniefeg to is stlil neubmr 1 on the lsit. Tihs mneas that it's not gniog to die for smoe tmie, porinvg my pinot that smoe pstos are bteetr to be bpeumd, and if tehy die, they die. Of crouse, I will awlyas be here, just to eojny my saty, as I'm srue, all of you wlil.

->[/qoute]<-

what the fuck man
my spelling isn't that bad, so just shut the fuck up

ahah aha hah hahaha ah ah ahha hahaha ha.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:19 am

I love you, shinygerbil!

xander
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 am

...:D
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:06 am

lulzorz ;)

Although I can't shake the feeling he did this on purpose.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 am

gosox, Ace was referring to this meme as opposed to simply ridiculing you; not sure why you're so concerned about character assassination when you've already done such a good job of it yourself, anyway.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:02 am

KingAl wrote:gosox, Ace was referring to this meme as opposed to simply ridiculing you; not sure why you're so concerned about character assassination when you've already done such a good job of it yourself, anyway.

I knew somebody was paying attention. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
gosox
level1
level1

Postby gosox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:28 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:lulzorz ;)

Although I can't shake the feeling he did this on purpose.

yes, infact i did mean to do it, i'm glad someone was paying attention :P
craig is the man

Return to “Introversion Lounge”