Drugs and narcotics

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

What is your opinion of drugs?

I've had quite a few experiences
24%
Tried once or a few times.
26%
I'd give it a shot.
2%
Never liked it.
29%
Drugs are the spawn of SATAN. I don't even drink caffeine!
17%
I'm an addict
2%

Total votes: 42
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Droodster wrote:To even compare heroin, thc and alkohol is just plain stupid.

Droodster wrote:just because both heroin and thc are classed as "narkotiks" doesnt make them the same.

So comparing is stupid but you do it. According to your own statement you're stupid. Agreed.

Droodster wrote:After reading your posts i can only come to the conclusion that you are one of those kids that
base your opinions on what you have heard from your parents and possibly from the anti-drug
lessons you get in school.

a) I'm not a kid.
b) I finished my school years ago.
c) We never had anti-drug lessons in school or University.
d) I almost never talked about drugs with my parents.
snwcrsh
level2
level2

Postby snwcrsh » Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 pm

As for a seious post: I do think that drugs should be legalized. All of them. That includes Heroin.

Obviously they shouldn't it handing out in supermarkets but in pharmacies. I am fairly sure this would lead to *less* drug deaths (always good and same quality) and also less addcits. Also, it would be a killer for the national income (taxes).

Won't happen of course.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Tue May 27, 2008 5:15 pm

Was perhaps the customs officer partaking of said "lost" substance? :P
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Tue May 27, 2008 7:35 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Droodster wrote:rus|Mike

You are generalizing. To even compare heroin, thc and alkohol is just plain stupid.
just because both heroin and thc are classed as "narkotiks" doesnt make them the same.

Its not stupid, hes opinon is well respected and should be heard.

After reading your posts i can only come to the conclusion that you are one of those kids that
base your opinions on what you have heard from your parents and possibly from the anti-drug
lessons you get in school.

If he is a 'kid' then hes the only one i've even met that has more insight than I.

Are you saying what parents teach their kids is wronG?

[Edit] Nice new Avatar MVPE :D[/Edit]
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu May 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Montyphy wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7419969.stm

Follow up story!

And just for giggles check out the survey on the homepage

Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Reading this thread has made me want a joint :P

I'm not going to bother getting into the debate really at this point, my views are more or less in line with xander's. A little of my experience though. I use drugs quite frequently, usually drink a couple of times a week, smoke weed a couple of times a month, use ecstasy every couple of months, and I've taken cocaine and a handful of other drugs on occasion. I like to think of myself as fairly responsible in my use, for the most part I don't go to extremes, I avoid it when I have work or anything important to be concentrating on instead. And you know what? I have a really good time - some people don't actually seem to understand that drug use is enjoyable, that's why people do it. And just because you use drugs doesn't mean you automatically turn into a junkie. For me, drugs are a hobby, I can live without them, I can enjoy myself without them, I just choose to use them.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:11 am

Darksun wrote:For me, Yo' momma is a hobby, I can live without her, I can enjoy myself without her, I just choose to use her.

QFT

martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:52 am

Rkiver wrote:I follow the Bill Hicks mentality.

If people want to take drugs in the privacy of their own home, and as long as it does not adversly affect others, it's fine.

If we are going to ban drugs, we should ban all of them. Alcohol, tobacco, caffeine included. That being said I do not agree with heroin and the like, but that is just a personal dislike of it.

I have to agree with you there.

I've never had any drugs experience beyond caffeine, to which I am an addict - although not to the extent that I couldn't stop drinking tea if I really wanted (and I think that, as vices go, caffeine ranks fairly low :P )

Also, just skim reading the thread, xander mentioned about smokers being relegated to outside, in the UK smokers cannot smoke indoors in a public place - so what're the laws in other countries?
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:54 am

Just recently here and where I used to live in Salt Lake City, they have done the same thing, ban smoking from bars and public restaraunts as well as public areas like parks where kids play.

As far as the drug subject, I have never touched the drugs side of the chart, (i.e. marijuana, cocain, etc.) but I do drink, at least I did before my wife got pregnant. It wasn't daily or weekly or even monthly, it was a special thing that happened rarely and was never planned, so I never got hooked and I only once got to the point that I don't remember the previous night.

I turned 21 in april and it is legal for me to buy alcohol but I haven't, I work too much and never have time to, hence the special occasion. When my wife got pregnant I told her not until she could again and since she's breast feeding it's been longer then the normal 9 months but I haven't ever had the urge to have a beer.

I tried a cigarrette once and I about vomited, never will again, I was brought up to shy away from drugs but from these experiences it's your body do with it what you will. I say that for the lesser of the drugs. I knew a few potheads in high school, they were ok kids, weren't the brightest in the class but they did good, there were a few though that always came in high and left halfway when it wore off. That I don't like. If you want to smoke pot, more power to you, but don't do it where it can affect others, on your personal time.

You want to drink? Just like others have said, do it in moderation and don't be an ass, you know how it affects you more than anyone, you know you're going to get angry and want to fight? You shouldn't be in the bar. These drugs (alcohol, cigarretts, and mary-jane) are only as bad as the people who use them. You do it every once in a while it's not a bad drug, you do it daily and to the point you're wasted/flying/whatever they're a bad thing and should be banned.

The others, cocain heroin meth, and whatever else, should disappear, I live in rock springs wy now and it's a cocain infested town, you can spot an addict from a mile away and it's disgusting. I don't like knowing my son sees them too which is why we're moving soon, but these should have the ban, no matter how much you moderate them they will get addicted and find a way around the rules and laws so it would be pointless to try.

That's just my opinion do with it what you will.

Edit - oh and by the way, I lost a grandma recently to the cancers caused from her smoking half her life, it might not affect you like alcohol or pot, but it'll kill you too.
I wasn't here.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm

martin wrote:Also, just skim reading the thread, xander mentioned about smokers being relegated to outside, in the UK smokers cannot smoke indoors in a public place - so what're the laws in other countries?

In Portugal, smoking was banned from all closed public places, except in spaces with special ventilation, starting from January 1st of this year. At least, that is what I understood of this new law.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm

martin wrote:...although not to the extent that I couldn't stop drinking tea if I really wanted...

I suggest you try it. If you really are addicted, it won't be nearly as easy to give up as you think. When I gave up coffee, I suffered through two weeks of near-migraine strength headaches, low energy, muscle aches, &c. And the worst part was that no amount of Tylenol or Aspirin would help -- Excedrin helped, but Excedrin contains caffeine, so there is little wonder that it helped.

Seriously -- go cold turkey for a couple of weeks, and see what happens. Personally, I am of the opinion that anyone who does any drug ought to go cold turkey a couple of times a year, just to make sure that they can. If they can't, they ought to get some help. Of course, this assumes a level of responsibility that many people just can't get to...

xander
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Actually I did, we went on holiday and there were no teabags on sale for miles (in fact it wa sin wales, so nothing was on sale for miles) so it was a week without tea - I did get a few headaches and wondered what was causing it, maybe that was it
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”