Xocrates' Cold War TWG - GAME OVER: CIA Wins

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:N0-KB-V0-ZA-U0-SB-QA

0 A B could be different shift instructions.

Say:
0 is shift 6, 7 more each time 0 has been used before
A is shift 16, 9 more each time A has been used before
B is shift 7, 5 more each time B has been used before

T R I P P E R

OK, I'll stop that now. That's as far-fetched as far-fetched decoding goes. Couldn't work for rus|Mike, though.

Now that really is inventive :D

Although I must say I've been working on similar lines :? (fruitlessly)

Now while on my lunchtime stroll, I've come up with some logics, for all you people who like logics. They go like this

Mas, you know I'm loyal, because you might remember on Day 2 I tried the same "zomg I'm a lost agent looking for other agents" trick that I tried with Kunshu. You'll have to agree that's a pretty unlikely strategy for an agent, particularly because apparently each member of the network had at least two contacts. Now, either you've forgotten this, in which case you'll change your vote please! or you're an agent.

If Mas is indeed an agent, it's highly likely that rus|Mike is in fact loyal. Mas' code theory is based on the length of people's nicks. However rus|Mike has an 8-character nick, rather than 7, so doesn't fit the code exactly. Plus, putting rus|Mike's name out there subliminally increased the chances of a counter-bandwagon forming on rus|Mike - not something an agent would do to a fellow agent.

Based on the above logics, I'm conflicted. I don't have enought evidence to suspect Mas quite yet, but I don't suppose we could lynch someone other than rus|Mike or me?

Cheers, Tripper
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm

shinygerbil wrote:for being unnecessarily argumentative and also because he voted for Tripper and stuck with it fairly doggedly - expressing some discomfort when the votes were moved away from Tripper.

I expressed 'some discomfort' because of the absence of any real reasons for voting for Max and false reasons from you, shiny. Not that I was sure that Max was a communist, I just feel comfortable with refraining from random kills and providing reasons for the votes. Anyway, Max is gone and we should carry on.

I'm voting Tripper because:
a) Currently it's a tie between me and Tripper. I'm a 100% communist to myself so I prefer to save my life and lynch <100% communist Tripper.
b) Yesterday's reasons (defending ynbniar).
c) Tripper and shiny seem to act in a pair. Shiny gave false reasons yesterday and Tripper immediatelly followed him. Shiny accused Max in 'following' him too fast. Probably to hide that it was actually Tripper who did it?
Last edited by rus|Mike on Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm

rus|Mike wrote:I'm voting Tripper because:
[...]
b) Mas' code cracking attempts.
[...]
What?!
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Well, that's one of the least important reasons but still :P :P Actually the others are the main ones.

EDIT:
Or did I misundersteand you??

EDIT2:
I've re-read your message with a dictionary and I admit I really misunderstood you. Ok, I'll remove that reason, 3 more stand however :P
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Tripper
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue May 20, 2008 10:48 pm

And it was so that Tripper took one last trip to the torpedo room. His pleads of innocence bouncing fruitlessly among the remaining crew.

As Tripper joined the fishes, the crew returned to their quarters, really hoping that that was the last agent. It was getting hard to man the ship.

---

It is now Night 7 and Tripper is dead.

Send those PM's

PS: There are good chances that the night will last close to 24 hours, but I'll try to start the day as soon as possible.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Tue May 20, 2008 10:50 pm

OK then - on the off chance that

a) Mas doesn't change his vote and
b) the agents don't win during the night

that will mean that Feud and Mas are the remaining agents

@rus|Mike, I may be following shiny, but that's because shiny has realised the truth that kunshu and I are both loyal, hence Shiny is trustworthy. I've also been following non-me votes to save my skin because there are not that many more loyalists than agents and I don't see the point in letting myself be sacrificed. But if I am going to be sacrificed, then see above, and see you in Davy Jones's locker....

PS - Feud, if you're a commie and not convinced of my loyalty, then you can verify my most un-agent-like behaviour with Mas and kunshu ...

Cheers, Tripper

Edit - glug glug glug glug
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed May 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Morning came! And with it a new corpse.

It was with disbelief that the crew realized that they were missing yet another Captain: Mas Tnega. They found the body at the bridge, a knife stuck deeply between his ribs. There were still agents on board, and with only 5 crew members remaining getting back home would be really tricky.

A message also arrived that morning, it seemed pretty straightforward:

---Message---

Don't screw it up!

----------------

It is now Day 8 and Mas Tnega is dead. Day will end in about 24 hours (unless I'm watching Indiana Jones at that time :P, no promises)
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Wed May 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Feud
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Wed May 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Not really much to go on :? Feud for being over enthusiastic? or ruslMike for jumping to Max's defence the other day :?

I'll go Feud for now simply because i don't see many character changes in him on the forums so it might mean something? :? right?
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed May 21, 2008 7:58 pm

Actually, I'm rather suspicious of Shinygerbil's(retracted) one-word no explanation voting so for now am going to vote for him.
Last edited by Xarlaxas on Wed May 21, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Shinygerbil, for his blatant and unfounded accusation against his comrade.

Hyperion wrote:I'll go Feud for now simply because i don't see many character changes in him on the forums so it might mean something? :? right?

Eh?
shinygerbil
level5
level5

Postby shinygerbil » Wed May 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Kunshu wrote:Actually, I'm rather suspicious of Shinygerbil's one-word no explanation voting so for now am going to vote for him.

So what is this:

Feud wrote:Tripper

a) It is a one-word no explanation vote
b) It is my reason for voting Feud

EDIT: I think a little bit of Logic needs to be injected here.

Two days ago, the message was "Three agents remain!" and there were nine players.

Two days later, we have five players remaining, and so a maximum of two agents remain.

Thus either MaximusBrood or Tripper was an agent. (Or both, but seeing as the message is "Don't screw it up!" I get the feeling we are riding a knife edge here.)

In my opinion the evidence is all for Tripper being a good commie - I too received a PM from him to the effect that he suckered Kunshu into revealing that he was an agent. This was fairly suspicious at first, until bert told me that he had received the same PM - and from both sides :lol:

I honestly think that Tripper, were he really an agent, would have been a little more cautious.

Feud had the casting vote yesterday, and made it with "no explanation" - the same thing which is currently getting me lynched.

If I am lynched, the agents win.

Kunshu is essentially a confirmed communist. So out of Hyperion, rus|Mike and Feud, two are agents. I think rus|Mike and Feud are most likely to be these agents.

Also, think about it. At this stage, why would I be leading the voting so blatantly as an Agent?
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Well, had you explained that earlier it would seem less suspicious, coming up with an explanation after people start to accuse you of things is not the best way to defend yourself.

Though you do make a valid point, it makes me think that maybe Feud is a danger too....

At this point making a mistake could very well kill us though.

I'm going to go for Feud too now I think.

It's always the quiet ones....
shinygerbil
level5
level5

Postby shinygerbil » Wed May 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Mostly, I was doing it for the drama :P I thought people might make the connection, as Feud's vote was techically the post before mine. If Feud is a commie, then he made (I feel) the wrong decision there. But without backup, his vote -- as can plainly be seen from the reaction i am getting -- is much more suspicious...

Return to “Introversion Lounge”