Xocrates' Cold War TWG - GAME OVER: CIA Wins

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Mon May 19, 2008 11:28 am

Dirty Harry Potter wrote:Show me evidence of someone being an agent or max being a commie, and I will most likely change my vote.

It's not that I can prove I'm a commie, but I (together with bert_the_turtle on IRC) cracked two codes.
One on which was revealed xander was the lead agent, the other where Kunshu was revealed a special.

Now why the hell would I want to reveal those if I was a agent?
If bert_the_turtle wasn't dead he could prove you that I knew both the codes before they were published on here. (it's just that pesky Neo revealed it for us before anyone had a chance to reveal it)
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon May 19, 2008 11:30 am

I'm going to end the day before going for lunch. So count with day end in 30-90 minutes
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 am

I don't think that code cracking is a revealing trait for either a commie or an agent. Of the two codes cracked, one gave away an agent and the other gave away a communist operative, which is useful info for the enemy.

Also, my understanding was that the first code was only verified after the Cryptographer revealed what the answer was! and as for the second code, everybody with photoshop seemed to get it at once.

Proof of interest in the game - yes. Proof of loyalty - no.

Cheers, Tripper
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon May 19, 2008 12:27 pm

And it was so that among pleads of innocence and cries of "Just a hunch?!?!...", MaximusBrood was carried and loaded into the torpedo tube.

After MaximusBrood had joined his fellow deceased crew members, the still breathing part of the crew retired to their quarters hoping that maybe today, it would all be over.

---

It is now Night 6 and MaximusBrood is dead!

Send those PM's people.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Mon May 19, 2008 10:19 pm

"We need more Seaman..." MasTnega, the still breathing highest ranking officer aboard the Prokofiev, noted as the crew found the body of Dirty Harry Potter lying in a puddle of blood. A puddle that Kunshu, as the last surviving crew member that was not an officer, received the job of cleaning.

As they made a "funeral" for their deceased crew member, more accusations started to fly. For it was clear they were not free of the Agent threat just yet.

A new message from Headquarters also arrived:

---Message---

There is an agent among your kin! N0KBV0ZAU0SBQA is his name.

----------------

It is now Day 7 and Dirty Harry Potter is dead. Expect the day to end in 24 hours
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon May 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Scuttle the ship. :shock:

If we wish to decompress another sailor, then give me some time to think my choice over.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue May 20, 2008 1:36 am

N0KBV0ZAU0SBQA in base 36 is 3926055551074970419810 in decimal, d4d4f74291a2180000 in hex, so that might not be it.

14 characters... let's just blame Tripper or rus|Mike for having 14/2 letters in their names.

Some dodginess involving taking moduli of 26 wound up with me wanting to vote for BHVICLYTLXMYTRTT, which didn't look too productive.

Tripper's good enough for now, irrespective of the code.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Tue May 20, 2008 2:08 am

I'm kinda tempted to vote for rus|Mike for being unnecessarily argumentative and also because he voted for Tripper and stuck with it fairly doggedly - expressing some discomfort when the votes were moved away from Tripper.

I'm also fairly suspicious of Feud's over-the-top enthusiasm. I mean, sure, it's worth several comrades dying to staunch this capitalist threat, but, well, to throw oneself at it like that just smacks of having something to prove. Trying to act like a good communist? Too-good-to-be-true communist I say. . .
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue May 20, 2008 4:13 am

shinygerbil wrote:Trying to act like a good communist? Too-good-to-be-true communist I say. . .

What can I say, the revolution is in my blood. In fact, I eat hammers and crap sickles.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Tue May 20, 2008 7:06 am

Hmm...ruslMike or Tripper, im useless with cracking codes so i have been relying on others a little :oops: i'll go Tripper for the moment but im tempted to vote ruslMike because of jumping to Max's defence yesterday...was a bit suspicious.

...i do also think at this point we should just scuttle the ship too :P but shiny's comment about Feud being a bit OTT has made me think twice about him now, lol :?
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Tue May 20, 2008 10:05 am

Well there was I expecting to wake up dead, but it's now clear to me why I've been left alive because I'm coming to the top of the lynch list.

Assuming Max was an agent, then my death won't be conclusive, but obviously it would be better to lynch someone who's more likely to be an agent than me!

Mas Tnega and rus|Mike are equal in my list of suspicions (the latter already has a vote from shiny so I'll go with that), with Feud in last but not least position. I'm really not sure why no-one else picked up my suspicions of Feud.

But then again, I'm doing all of this without the aid of tables or spreadsheets. Mainly because the early days wouldn't have been much use what with agents not knowing each other, then the hoo-ha of removing xander and Neo in the middle, and now its down to us, the quiet ones.

As for the code, it does seem to split into pairs quite well:

N0-KB-V0-ZA-U0-SB-QA

So we have 0, A or B as the second letter in each pair. That's gotta mean something. But I can't tell what ...

Cheers, Tripper

PS, rats, Feud is likely to have the casting vote. By rights, he should be voting for me, particularly as you're on the end of my suspect list. But hopefully he will be able to declare his communist intentions with his vote ...

Cheers, Tripper
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue May 20, 2008 12:37 pm

N0-KB-V0-ZA-U0-SB-QA

0 A B could be different shift instructions.

Say:
0 is shift 6, 7 more each time 0 has been used before
A is shift 16, 9 more each time A has been used before
B is shift 7, 5 more each time B has been used before

T R I P P E R

OK, I'll stop that now. That's as far-fetched as far-fetched decoding goes. Couldn't work for rus|Mike, though.
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:N0-KB-V0-ZA-U0-SB-QA

0 A B could be different shift instructions.

Say:
0 is shift 6, 7 more each time 0 has been used before
A is shift 16, 9 more each time A has been used before
B is shift 7, 5 more each time B has been used before

T R I P P E R

OK, I'll stop that now. That's as far-fetched as far-fetched decoding goes. Couldn't work for rus|Mike, though.

Now that really is inventive :D

Although I must say I've been working on similar lines :? (fruitlessly)

Now while on my lunchtime stroll, I've come up with some logics, for all you people who like logics. They go like this

Mas, you know I'm loyal, because you might remember on Day 2 I tried the same "zomg I'm a lost agent looking for other agents" trick that I tried with Kunshu. You'll have to agree that's a pretty unlikely strategy for an agent, particularly because apparently each member of the network had at least two contacts. Now, either you've forgotten this, in which case you'll change your vote please! or you're an agent.

If Mas is indeed an agent, it's highly likely that rus|Mike is in fact loyal. Mas' code theory is based on the length of people's nicks. However rus|Mike has an 8-character nick, rather than 7, so doesn't fit the code exactly. Plus, putting rus|Mike's name out there subliminally increased the chances of a counter-bandwagon forming on rus|Mike - not something an agent would do to a fellow agent.

Based on the above logics, I'm conflicted. I don't have enought evidence to suspect Mas quite yet, but I don't suppose we could lynch someone other than rus|Mike or me?

Cheers, Tripper
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm

shinygerbil wrote:for being unnecessarily argumentative and also because he voted for Tripper and stuck with it fairly doggedly - expressing some discomfort when the votes were moved away from Tripper.

I expressed 'some discomfort' because of the absence of any real reasons for voting for Max and false reasons from you, shiny. Not that I was sure that Max was a communist, I just feel comfortable with refraining from random kills and providing reasons for the votes. Anyway, Max is gone and we should carry on.

I'm voting Tripper because:
a) Currently it's a tie between me and Tripper. I'm a 100% communist to myself so I prefer to save my life and lynch <100% communist Tripper.
b) Yesterday's reasons (defending ynbniar).
c) Tripper and shiny seem to act in a pair. Shiny gave false reasons yesterday and Tripper immediatelly followed him. Shiny accused Max in 'following' him too fast. Probably to hide that it was actually Tripper who did it?
Last edited by rus|Mike on Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue May 20, 2008 6:23 pm

rus|Mike wrote:I'm voting Tripper because:
[...]
b) Mas' code cracking attempts.
[...]
What?!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”