Whats The Worst Movie Ever Made?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:14 pm

_human_ wrote:Highlander: The Source.

It might be not the worst, but one of the most disappointing ones for sure. The plot was awfull as well as actor's performing.

Highlander. I remember that movie. I'm glad they never made a sequel. It just wrapped up so well. No sequel could ever be necessary or wanted.

xander
_human_
level1
level1

Postby _human_ » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 am

xander wrote:I'm glad they never made a sequel.
xander
They actually did. It calls "Highlander II: The Quickening" with the same actors (by contrast, there were actors from serial "Highlander" in "The Source"). If I am not mistaken, there was even fourth part of Highlander in the late 90s. But none of them was better than an original movie which I really love, especially for its incredible soundtrack.
War never changes.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49 am

_human_ wrote:
xander wrote:I'm glad they never made a sequel.
xander
They actually did. It calls "Highlander II: The Quickening" with the same actors (by contrast, there were actors from serial "Highlander" in "The Source"). If I am not mistaken, there was even fourth part of Highlander in the late 90s. But none of them was better than an original movie which I really love, especially for its incredible soundtrack.

Nah! You're clearly mistaken as there isn't a sequel! And especially not one saying they're aliens or some shit.
_human_
level1
level1

Postby _human_ » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Xocrates wrote:Nah! You're clearly mistaken as there isn't a sequel! And especially not one saying they're aliens or some shit.

Why not? :? "The Quickening" as well as "The Source" followed the first Highlander, so they can be considered as sequels. I admit there is poor connection to the original movie, moreover they are quite contradictive, but still... I always regarded them to be sequels.

P.S.

se·quel
a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one
■ something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event

These movies at least develop the theme of "Highlander" (they are immortal bla-bla-bla), so they can be sequel as I understand.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:14 pm

You're no fun :(

It's meant to be a joke.
_human_
level1
level1

Postby _human_ » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Xocrates wrote:You're no fun :(

It's meant to be a joke.
I just thought that I somehow confused the meaning of the word "sequel". :)
War never changes.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 pm

You might THINK that sequal means a movie that continues the story of an existing one; but we KNOW that a sequal is a GOOD (or at least mediocre) movie that continues the story of an existing one. It's good to know the difference.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Another mention for Starship Troopers 2

Just... Ow...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
kyngpeaarrson
level0

Re: Whats The Worst Movie Ever Made?

Postby kyngpeaarrson » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:56 am

Highlander II: The Quickening, released in 1991, is really a direct sequel to the original 1986 Highlander film. It continues the story of the immortals and takes a closer look at the concept of their immortality. Although the film received mixed reviews and was criticised for plot inconsistencies with the first film, it is still recognised as the official sequel to the Highlander franchise. Still often revisit films with Hannah Hawthorne is a masterpiece. Highlander: The Source, released in 2007, is also a continuation of the Highlander story, although it departs from the previous films and introduces new elements to the mythology. Like its predecessor, the film was criticised and did not receive the same acclaim as the original film, but it is still part of the overall series.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”