Had you visited a haunted place in your city?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
All American Mobster
level4
level4

Postby All American Mobster » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:18 pm

I do, I do, I do believe in faries...

And unicorns...

And mermaids

-$tanley
Chimaera
level2
level2

Postby Chimaera » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:29 am

Montyphy wrote:I guess I would have to answer yes since I go to university in York, which is apparently the world's most haunted city, and as such, I have most likely visited all the haunted sites.

Also, I use to live literally opposite one of the 'Magnificent Seven' cemeteries in a pub that was built around about the same time the cemetery was established so grew up being told of many local ghost stories. Around Halloween as a child, it became a family tradition to climb through a break in the fence into the cemetery after it would close at night and wonder about with flashlights telling scary stories and even climbing into some of the graves/tombs/mausoleum/monuments.

I also go to school in ye olde York. Considering the amount of history the place has, its no surprise rumours of haunting are common. One of the more interesting stories is that ghosts of Roman soldiers were apparently seen and heard marching in a cellar. When excavated, very well preserved Roman skeletons were discovered. (coincidentally, I am have an extra-curricular archeology group in which we will study those skeletons.)
All American Mobster
level4
level4

Postby All American Mobster » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:29 am

Has anyone seen Jeff Dunhams DVD, Spark of Insanity? Heres a quote of him and one of his puppets...

Walter (Old Guy): I think my house is haunted.
Jeff (ventriloquist): Why's that?
Walter: My wife lives there.
(Audience laughs)
Walter: Everytime I walk into that place, the first thing I hear is 'GET OUT!!!'

Just a little funny quote.

-$tanley

Return to “Introversion Lounge”