Team Fortress 2

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Team Fortress 2

Postby Grandstone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Team Fortress 2 is the most addicting game I own. I know I'm on a Defcon forum, but my favorite game right now is TF2, reaching Civilization levels of addiction. I love that you can infer what the maps' conflicts are (on Gravel Pit, the blue team is trying to capture the red team's ray gun! brilliant!), that all of the classes are so distinct from one another, and even that the two teams have names (Builders League Union and Reliable Excavation Destruction). It is, in my humble opinion, an instant classic. It might have its flaws, but few games defeat their flaws so completely with their strengths.

So, anyone here play/want to discuss this game after my gushing hyperbole?
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:49 pm

I had it on 360. (I don't own a good PC.) It was OK...but there were like 5 people online EVER for it. Also, it wasn't as good as TFC. So I sold it.

Other than that, great game. :)
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:52 pm

I've been playing it on my college laptop with my college's nice Internet connection. It's a blast. Unfortunately, Engineers make Scouts more or less useless on 2Fort.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:56 pm

That reminds me. I still need to check if TF2 BSODs my computer.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:47 am

my one word reply is:

awesome

my two word reply is:

buy it

:D

needless to say I quite likw TF2, but then again a lot of my steam clan play it so I'm usually playing with mates, which makes it even more fun :D
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 am

shinygerbil wrote:I had it on 360. (I don't own a good PC.) It was OK...but there were like 5 people online EVER for it. Also, it wasn't as good as TFC. So I sold it.

Other than that, great game. :)

Well, there's always a near-full server or two with a ping < 30 for me - maybe PC version is more popular (most likely).

But yeah, TF2 is great - almost as addictive as defcon. Orange Box was a great buy, and I must say TF2 is close to being the best in the set - the graphical style, voice acting and animations really make it great fun to play, on top of the varied but incredibly well balanced gameplay :)
Deamon
level2
level2

Postby Deamon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Its a PC game, the orange box was their novelty to get some money out of consoles I guess.

I love it on the PC though, never a shortage of maps or players or great pings.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”