Movie Thread

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Movie Thread

Postby Grandstone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:46 am

I just saw No Country for Old Men, a movie based on a novel by the same name by Cormac McCarthy. Holy christ. Mere text cannot show the enthusiasm in my voice for this movie and words fail me. For a while after seeing it I didn't know what to do next. I just sat and surfed and tried to figure out whether I should sleep or play a computer game or something. Good God, what a movie. Maybe it is just another slow-paced Western that's only pretending to have greater meaning, and maybe the title states its entire main theme, but I don't care. It's the best movie I've seen in ages, regardless of depth or lack thereof.

Has anyone else seen it?
Last edited by Grandstone on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:01 am

No.

But I did just finish watching the movie On the Beach. Sweet flying potato monkeys, that movie was a downer.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:08 am

So is this one. That's the only spoiler I'll give, because the movie's plot is so simple.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:12 pm

I had the perfect cinema experience last night...i haven't seen Blade Runner in years and had been contemplating buying it of recent times until i checked my local cinema listings and they were showing the new Final Cut....so off i went to book my ticket during my lunch break and straight after work made my way across town to the cinema...it was practically full and with appreciative people who sat mostly silent and at the end shared enjoyment and the awesomeness (not of my vocabulary) of the film...a very fine evening indeed :) ...

...since we're sharing :roll:
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Hyperion wrote:I had the perfect cinema experience last night...i haven't seen Blade Runner in years and had been contemplating buying it of recent times until i checked my local cinema listings and they were showing the new Final Cut....so off i went to book my ticket during my lunch break and straight after work made my way across town to the cinema...it was practically full and with appreciative people who sat mostly silent and at the end shared enjoyment and the awesomeness (not of my vocabulary) of the film...a very fine evening indeed :) ...

...since we're sharing :roll:

They've done ANOTHER cut of Blade Runner? I thought the 90's director's cut was the awesomage, original theatrical was rubbish. Yay for Ridley Scott. Alien > Blade Runner though.
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Lol, yes...yet another cut :roll:
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:24 pm

Has anybody already seen the hitman movie ?
I'm not sure wether i should see it since it's a movie based on a game and most of those suck (except for silent hill i rather enjoyed that movie)
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Maybe an admin can give this thread a new title, as we seem to be derailing the derails.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:45 pm

Grandstone wrote:Maybe an admin can give this thread a new title, as we seem to be derailing the derails.

You can do it yourself by editing the first post.

zjoere wrote:Has anybody already seen the hitman movie ?
I'm not sure wether i should see it since it's a movie based on a game and most of those suck (except for silent hill i rather enjoyed that movie)

I haven't seem it (or intend to), but on Metacritic the critics average is on 35/100 and the user review is of 7.4/10. Make of that what you will.
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:25 am

Oh, cool. On most other forums I've seen, that's been an admin's job. I'll call this the movie thread, then.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Xocrates wrote:
zjoere wrote:Has anybody already seen the hitman movie ?

I haven't seem it (or intend to), but on Metacritic the critics average is on 35/100 and the user review is of 7.4/10. Make of that what you will.

criticasters are snobs. regular folks are stupid. so nothing to base an opinion on :wink:
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:10 pm

It's better than nothing. Besides, I'm guessing the movie will be the same as the game: go to point A to kill person X, go to point B to kill person Y.

wwarnick
Grandstone
level2
level2

Postby Grandstone » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:21 pm

I've heard that fans of the game shouldn't expect the movie to have the game's measured atmosphere. It's an action fest that doesn't make much sense instead of a stealth fest that doesn't make much sense.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Just wanted to hijack this thread for a quick Cloverfield extended movie clip. Watch it if you haven't already. Looks more and more like a (potentially) great movie. Let's hope the characters aren't idiots.

Several minutes long! 15 days and counting. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Wendryn and I went to see AVP:R last night. We expected it to be bad, but not nearly as bad as it was. It is one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. Truly awful, but not even in an entertaining way.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”