Religion

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

What is your religion?

Christianity
35%
Islam
2%
Judaism
No votes
Hinduism
No votes
Buddhism
3%
Chinese
2%
Asian Tribal
No votes
Other Asian
No votes
African Tribal
No votes
Spiritism
No votes
Philosophical
2%
Modern
No votes
None
5%
Other
3%
Agnostic
12%
Atheist
37%

Total votes: 60
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:35 pm

My point is, such remarks don't contribute to the topic. They are, therefore, meaningless - to the topic. The remark itself might actually be quite interesting (I have to admit that the joke is pretty good), but since I start every single one of these polls to start off interesting discussions, I think you should make this kind of remarks elsewhere.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:47 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:My point is, such remarks don't contribute to the topic. They are, therefore, meaningless - to the topic. The remark itself might actually be quite interesting (I have to admit that the joke is pretty good), but since I start every single one of these polls to start off interesting discussions, I think you should make this kind of remarks elsewhere.

Jelco

You've got a point there. I'll be a nice guy and make other remarks like that one in the let's go random topic
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 pm

I knew we could all get along. I mean, if MVPE can be (pseudo) civil, the rest of us sure can. :wink:

Also, I look forward to next weeks "Weekly Poll". When I see that one, then I'll be convinced. :P
Angel of Death
level3
level3

Postby Angel of Death » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:11 pm

I am a Dyslexic, Agnostic, Insomiac. I sit up all night wondering if there is a DOG. :lol:
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I knew we could all get along. I mean, if MVPE can be (pseudo) civil, the rest of us sure can. :wink:

Also, I look forward to next weeks "Weekly Poll". When I see that one, then I'll be convinced. :P

ok you can all follow my religion
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I knew we could all get along. I mean, if MVPE can be (pseudo) civil, the rest of us sure can. :wink:

This reminds me of another user with MVP in the name: Rising Thunder MVP. If looking for a person needing some tutoring, HE is one hell of a good subject.

Ace Rimmer wrote:Also, I look forward to next weeks "Weekly Poll". When I see that one, then I'll be convinced. :P

This made me remember the new subject I thought of last monday. You should indeed be looking forward to it! :D

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that MVPE, Rising Thunder, and tllotpfkamvpe (I'm guessing the.. legend of the player formerly known as MVPE) were all the same person.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 pm

In that case, you were absolutely right in that post of yours. :P

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Amen
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Question, what's the first 'l' in tllotpfkamvpe stand for?

The ?L? Legend Of The Player Formerly Known As MVPE.

Lost?
Ludicrous?
Lame?
Lovable?

Edit: "The Legendary Legend Of The Player Formerly Known As MVPE"? Legendary legend? Isn't that redundant, or is it there for extra emphasis?
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
JL_COG
level0

Observation

Postby JL_COG » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:46 am

This really wandered all over the place topic-wise, eh?

Just wanted to mention ... According to God who inspired his Word ( 2Pe 1:21
"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." ) atheists don't really exist but rather try to hide from acknowledging God probably to avoid facing the obvious next conclusion which is dealing with their sin. see: Ro 1:20
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" In the end (the real end) it won't matter what anyone thinks if it is different from what God himself thinks, only what God says will matter. You may not like it, but if you don't, go have God arrested, eh? The ALMIGHTY, good, loving (gave his only son to pay for our wrongs in our place - see: Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.") but also pure, holy and just. Compare the measly few years we have here with an existence within a total lack of time - eternity! Not really any comparison is there? I could go on, but the question asked gets the answer from me of (Bible-believing) Christian. Not one of those perversions of the Bible either but God's preserved Word. May God richly bless you all and draw you unto a saving knowledge of him, amen. JL.
Feud
level5
level5

Re: Observation

Postby Feud » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:58 am

JL_COG wrote:Not one of those perversions of the Bible either but God's preserved Word.

I'm opening a can of worms with this question, but since it's been slow on the forums lately I'll ask it anyway. What constitutes a perversion, and who has been given the authority to make such a determination?
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 am

Feud wrote:
JL_COG wrote:Not one of those perversions of the Bible either but God's preserved Word.

I'm opening a can of worms with this question, but since it's been slow on the forums lately I'll ask it anyway. What constitutes a perversion, and who has been given the authority to make such a determination?

Well clearly the bible says to believe god and god says the bible is absolute truth, so everything's recursive and comforting. Therefore, the bible is the bible, and not the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, even though the latter makes more sense.
wwarnick
level5
level5

Postby wwarnick » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:43 am

JL_COG wrote:atheists don't really exist but rather try to hide from acknowledging God probably to avoid facing the obvious next conclusion which is dealing with their sin.

I disagree. Maybe some turn athiest because of that, but that is not every athiest.

wwarnick
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:21 am

Pox wrote:
Feud wrote:

Well clearly the bible says to believe god and god says the bible is absolute truth, so everything's recursive and comforting. Therefore, the bible is the bible, and not the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, even though the latter makes more sense.

Considering the bible is contradictory in lots of places, how can it be truth?

Also one word question. Dinosaurs? (Yeah I know Bill Hicks did it before, but the point stands).
Uplink help: Read the FAQ

Return to “Introversion Lounge”