Tripper's TWG - Game Over - Lupus Wolves Win

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

Was this TWG too incoherent for its own good?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:10 am

No, confusion is interesting!
36%
Yes, we like to know what game we're actually playing ...!
57%
Nuke Wolves
7%

Total votes: 14
Hyperion
level5
level5

Postby Hyperion » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:37 am

I'm voting for you FOR NOW, not for being unwilling to kill an innocent but for being undecisive (which i based upon Feuds logic which went along with mine: voting for players adding to the confusion rather than helping...it's a good a reason as any :? but now Wolflord is in the open hopefully the specials will get in touch and there will be more to go on and i will vote someone else :P maybe)

Wolflord fired a silver bullet...i think we can both agree that it's likely Wolflord is human, given he had the power to kill a wolf.
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:42 am

Wolflord was given a SILVER bullet, which would imply that it was intended to be able to kill a wolf. If he was an armed wolf he would have no need for the bullet to be silver, as it could be assumed he wouldn't want to kill a fellow wolf.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 am

*comes back from another day of Fringe shows*

Hmmm, this game is certainly turnuing out to be one of the weirder ones isn't it?

I'm going to vote for WolfLord for now as I imagine nobody else is going to and I need some time to unravel all these discussions and get a better idea as to what's going on. ^^;

*goes to bed*
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:16 am

I too am off to bed, and I'm pretty sure I won't be up by 9 in the morning :roll: , so I'm going to throw out a vote for Kunshu, only because I have to vote now and because he voted for me before. Petty but I'll more than likely change it in the morning, Sorry... :P
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:18 am

Well I'm lost... :? ...where are Scooby Doo and the gang when you need them :?:
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:13 am

Dusk Falls. The villagers mill around, confused, without an obvious target ...

Votes so far:
Deepsmeg: 2
Coolsi, Hyperion, Kunshu, Wolflord: 1

A brazier is filled with the leftover coals from the burning man. One by one, recalcitrant villagers are dragged towards it ...

Blasted heath
, under duress, votes for Hyperion
Cappy, under duress, also votes for Hyperion
coolsi, under duress, votes for WolfLord
Eat_the_Path, under duress, votes for Kunshu
KingAl, under duress, also votes for Kunshu
Pathy, under duress, votes for WolfLord
TimTim, under duress, votes for Kunshu
WolfLord, under duress, votes for Deepsmeg

The villagers, now especially angry due to blistered feet, clearly think that Kunshu is most likely to be a wolf. But Hyperion, Deepsmeg and WolfLord[ are equally suspicious: They come up with a cunning plan: since it is well known that wolves don't sweat , the one who can be held closest to the brazier without breaking a sweat is most likely to be a wolf. Deepsmeg and WolfLord break into a cold sweat at the very thought of it, whereas Hyperion just does this: :P. Extremely wolfish, the villagers agree.

It is now Dusk and there will be a voteoff between Kunshu (4 votes) and Hyperion (3 votes). An absolute majority of 8 is required for a lynching. If this is not reached by 11 pm BST (a bit over 12 hours from now) the coals will come into play again.

Cheers, Tripper
Cappy
level2
level2

Postby Cappy » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:20 am

I vote whoever put my feet in coals.
TWG auto vote counter: http://72.210.75.219:2007/
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:21 am

Let me get this straight - not only does the GM pick who we vote for, but they also exclude people from the vote-off despite them having the same number of votes? Hmm.

Also did you intend to confirm Deepsmeg as a human? Just that GMs usually don't have any input like that, except when revealing roles at death.
Nakatomi is coming
Tripper
level4
level4

Postby Tripper » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:37 am

Players who do not cast votes by Dusk are liable to have their feet pressed onto hot coals by the lynch mob until they make a "reasoned decision" (i.e. the GM will pick a random vote for them). Players who endure too much of this torture may "faint" and end up being replaced.

@Deepsmeg - Good point. If there's a 3+ way tie, I'll find a way to break it randomly using well-known techniques such as torturing abstainers, weighing villagers against a duck, that sort of thing...

Unfortunately it comes down to a compromise between needing an absolute majority (an important mechanic in this game) and moving the game along.

But I think my random tie-breaking algorithm is quite good, actually. I'll let you know the specifics after the game.

Cheers, Tripper

PS - I didn't confirm Deepsmeg as a human, or WolfLord, for that matter. The mob just thinks it's more likely that Hyperion is a wolf. Apparently.

PPS - Stuff in italics is roleplay talk which you can read stuff into if you like. Stuff in normal/bold is gamestate information. I'm trying to be consistent, honest!
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 am

Scooby Doo :!: Where are you.... :?: :? :?:

:?

The abstainers are now top of my suspicious list...abstaining means a random lynch vote, and that will suit the wolfs...no voting patterns to go on...

...unfortunately the abstain list is most of the villiage... :roll:

...but I've got absolutely nothing on Hyperion or Kunshu...but since Kunshu rather bizarrely voted for Wolflord (as good a known human as we are likely to get), he gets my vote for being reckless...a crap reason but it's all I've got...

:?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:23 am

This isn't a criticism as such, but I think the day should have been extended since many people would not have expected something of that sort to happen mid-day, requiring them to change their vote (I don't personally have any excuse for missing the vote aside from being occupied, though).
While I don't find Kunshu's voting for WolfLord particularly suspicious, I can't find a compelling reason to change my vote.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Do the people in the vote-off get to vote? If so then I'd vote Hyperion

By the way, ynbniar, the reason that I voted for Wolflord is simply because no-one else is going to, ergo, I won't lynch have a part in someone's lynching until I have a better grasp of the situation and can make a vote that really counts for something. ^^;
Blasted heath
level5
level5

Postby Blasted heath » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:34 pm

Hyperion, because I think Kunshu is just confused about voting for wolflord and is most likely human.
Blasted heath
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:07 pm

Hyperion. No real reason, I didn't really suspect either of them.
walrus47
level4
level4

Postby walrus47 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:19 pm

I think I'm going to leave my vote with Kunshu for now

Return to “Introversion Lounge”