TGFTWG - GAME OVAR - Werewolf surprise? (Humees win)

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:16 am

hehe, I'll repeat the question...

What are the odds that Hyperion, Pathy, Feud and I are/were all wolves and all voted the same on the very first day... :shock:

Also, my vote today goes (again) for daset. Sorry Charlie. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:51 am

Woo. I'm toast. But whatever, I just got PM'd (by someone who wishes to remain anonymous) to vote for ynbniar. Enjoy everyone.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:35 am

Oh yeah, thats not suspicous.
Anyway, I'm voting daset, but I don't want everyone to think I'm just joining in the bandwagon here. I've got a carefully considered suspect list, and daset is right at the top based on his actions of the last 2 days.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:27 am

daset is the only person who hasn't voted for a wolf so far.
Nakatomi is coming
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 am

I haven't voted for a confirmed wolf. Neither has zjoere. I also think that's faulty logic, since wolves can be sure to vote for a wolf if they think it'll help their reputation. I'll vote for daset, though, unless I see a good reason not to - but I'm still suspicious of AgentX.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
daset
level3
level3

Postby daset » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:16 pm

Alright, well, to ensure that no further time is wasted, I will go ahead and end this game. It is pretty clear that I am going to be lynched, and since I am the last wolf, then it is game over. I expect TheGoldFish to post a conclusion, etc. soon.
Anyways, I figure I may as well post some final thoughts. TGF made the four wolves probably the worst four players of TWG on the forum, Hyperion, Pathy, Feud, and me, which led to a quick game. For a game that actually isn't a four-round hack and slash and we're done, perhaps give the roles of the wolves to the more experienced players?

Kudos all of you, see you next game.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:21 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Day 4 - Werewolf surprise?

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Knowing that the jig is up, daset reveals himself as the final werewolf.

Astounded, no one knows what to do really...

At that moment, the entire village explodes.

Hurruh! The Humans Win

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS

Night 1 wolf target was KingAl
GA Target night 1 was, also, KingAl
Night 4 wolf target was LLamaBoy
GA Target for night 4 was also LLamaBoy

The GA was in fact, coolsi.

I accidently gave away the fact that the GA did not protect themselves the first night by being very surprised, not at the wolves choice of target, but the fact the GA stopped them (indicating that they hadn't protected themselves).

The wolves, as you already know, where Hyperion, Pathy, Feud and daset. They were in fact chosen randomly, I didn't deilberately go out of my way to pick 'bad' players.

Anyway FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.

I for one would like to know that this was all straight up, because frankly, having only one non special human die the entire game is pretty suspicious

Hyperion thought from the getgo that they were 'having a good game because they identified the GA the first night (which they didn't), and from pretty much the first day, even if xander wasn't the vigilante, they'd pretty much revealed at least 1 of their number and marked Pathy as very suspicious.
Eat_The_Path
level1
level1

Postby Eat_The_Path » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:38 pm

Jiggadamn. That's insane. Who'd the seer view on their night of life? I think this game would have gone rather different if everyone killed didn't get IDed on death, as then we wouldn't have known we'd caught the wolves' trail so damn early. Oh well. I think I'm going to join in the next game.
Cappy
level2
level2

Postby Cappy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Another? ^^
Last edited by Cappy on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:42 pm

Oh, yes, the first night the seer viewed Kunshu.

2nd night he viewed Ace Rimmer.

edit - also I would be more than happy to run another TWG, however if someone else specifically wishes to do so, that'd be fine too.
Last edited by The GoldFish on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:48 pm

My reasoning was this:

Day 1: Hyperion started acting a bit suspicious, and, like I told you, I was planning on taking him out early on. As you allowed me to wait until the end of the day, I waited. In the last couple of minutes, Pathy voted to get me lynched, which immediately raised my suspicions. After we knew that Hyperion was a wolf, it made Pathy really, really suspicious.

Night 2: coolsi and Deepsmeg both got in touch with me. Deepsmeg contacted me rather late in the night, and I didn't entirely trust either of them at the time, so coolsi was unable to protect Deepsmeg. That being said, coolsi protected KingAl the first night. Deepsmeg saw Kunshu on the first night, and Ace on the second, and was in communication with me about that before he died (a suggestion for the future -- don't tell the seer the status of their target until the wolves have made their kill -- I felt a bit bad knowing about Ace after Deepsmeg had been killed). So, at that point, we had five known humans (myself, coolsi, Ace, Kunshu, and KingAl).

Day 2: We decided to get Pathy lynched. We were also watching the other votes, to see how it went down, and to figure out our next couple of suspects. Feud started the voting early, and did so without much reason, so we figured we would keep an eye on him. Also, in that day, we picked up on a few other things, and I determined that shinygerbil, Eat_The_Path, ynbniar, and Cappy were probably human.

Day 3: I let the four people above know about our plan to take out Feud, and got the other known humans to vote a bit randomly to keep the wolves from seeing the voting bloc (in case Feud wasn't a wolf, or if we didn't get any wolves on the fourth day). Every one of my patsy humans (except ynbniar) voted for Feud. That put ynbniar back on my unknown list. However, daset voted along with Feud, which confused me. At the beginning of the day, AgentX and daset were at the top of my list, and I was going to try and set them up to take each other out during the night. AgentX cleared his name by voting Feud.

Night 4: I PMed ynbniar and daset, and told each of them that the other was the GA. I was hoping that one of them was a wolf, and would kill the other, thus clinching the deal. However, the night was very short, and it seems that daset didn't get the message in time (or he saw the trick).

Day 4: I voted daset, because he had been on my list longer, and resolved to watch the voting, to see if any other suspects emerged. When I logged in this morning, daset had admitted to being a wolf, and the game was over. Go humans!

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:52 pm

The seer wasn't supposed to receive that information until day started, actually.

I was starting the day (Had already PMed DS), but decided to put it on hold halfway through posting, because I couldn't get over the feeling that I Wasn't sure about the wolve's target, 2 of them stated that they'd decided it a while ago, and I wanted to check they hadn't changed their minds.

Technically, this was a mistake on my part, but I chose to let it go and see how much of an impact it made.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:34 pm

All I can say is...

Well played xander.

...except why was I still on the unknown list after following your logic and voting for the wolf pathy :?: :?: :?:

:wink:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:42 pm

ynbniar wrote:All I can say is...

Well played xander.

...except why was I still on the unknown list after following your logic and voting for the wolf pathy :?: :?: :?:

:wink:

Because you didn't vote Feud. Also, when you voted Pathy, the vote was close, and the other two wolves could have voted for Ace, and put him over. By voting Pathy, you gain credibility with the humans, should she be lynched, as well. As a wolf, I often vote for other wolves, in case I am hung. It makes those other wolves look less suspicious.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”