I got one! lolz Do you have a tattoo too? or two?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:19 am

Feud wrote:While I don't know if it was intended to be such, this actually looks a lot like an American Indian design of a bird (to my untrained eye at least, feel free to correct me if you guys know more on the subject :cough: xander... :cough: ).

What do I look like, a cultural anthropologist? :P

Honestly, my area of interest is the archaeology of the Great Basin. Stone age technology, very mobile, small groups, and almost no petroglyphs or pictographs (pecked stone rock art, and painted rock art, respectively). There is very little regional art from this region, and what there is of it contains mostly anthromorphs, big horned sheep, and bison (there were quite a few bison in the eastern Great Basin a couple of thousand years ago). So, American Indian art is not something that I know a lot about.

That being said, I can tell you that the tattoo does not look like anything Puebloan (Fremont (kind of), Anasazi, Hopi, Sinagua, Zuni, &c.), nor does it look like anything that I have seen in northern California, in the Sierras, or from the Washoe or Shoshone (the Washoe are native to the area around Reno, Carson City, Lake Tahoe, and Pyramid Lake; the Shoshone are all over the Great Basin).

My first impression is that the barbs look a bit Aztec or Meso-American, but my knowledge of those regions is practically nil. The diamond looks vaguely northwestern (i.e. the north west of the US, along the Pacific coast; Washington and the Canadian coast), but, again, my knowledge of the area is so limited that I would not even name the groups.

As Rkiver says, it looks "tribal." I couldn't possibly identify which tribe, but I really like it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

xander
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:46 am

coolsi wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:Ok, having a "conversation" with you is impossible. Go on. Go get your pint. And keep reminding yourself that you rock. You need the illusion to stay afloat.

A conversation? I wasn't aware we were having one...

Where did this 'illusion' bollocks come from? I have said nothing about myself, I think you're getting a little bit worked up over this...

And, oh, I know people have different opinions. I couldn't care less about yours.

Oh well. Enjoy the laser surgery when you try to remove it.

If you still don't get why I flipped over your posts, I'll spell it out for you:

it's your tone - Fucking annoying and a complete lack of manners.

Boohoo! Which of us was accused of crying? I forget.

there. Now get the fuck off my thread before I tattoo it all over your face.

Your thread? I see nothing that implies ownership here.

I own this thread b-aich. Do you really want to hang around on a thread just to be the ass you already have proven you are?

I'm not getting worked up by anything but idiots who think "internet" = "right to piss all over the place". It's completely possible to express your opinions without the attitude. FYI. Would have saved us both several pointless posts.

I'm sure you can come back with another "clever" return to this post too.
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:I own this thread b-aich.

No, you don't. You started this thread. I would say that the owner is the one that can delete, edit, or otherwise alter any post in this thread. That would be NeoThermic (the forum admin), or John from IV (the other forum admin).

Radiant Caligula wrote:Do you really want to hang around on a thread just to be the ass you already have proven you are?

coolsi may be an ass, but you are not showing yourself to be any better by allowing yourself to be baited by him. Why don't you just ignore him? He probably wouldn't have posted again if you had just done that in the first place...

Radiant Caligula wrote:I'm not getting worked up by anything but idiots who think "internet" = "right to piss all over the place". It's completely possible to express your opinions without the attitude. FYI. Would have saved us both several pointless posts.

It may not be a right, but how are you going to prevent people from pissing all over the place. And, from where I am sitting, you are behaving far more irrational and childish than coolsi. Why don't you just take a step back, stop allowing coolsi to bait you, calm down, and stop responding to him?

Radiant Caligula wrote:I'm sure you can come back with another "clever" return to this post too.

He probably will. So?

xander
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:17 am

xander wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I own this thread b-aich.

No, you don't. You started this thread. I would say that the owner is the one that can delete, edit, or otherwise alter any post in this thread. That would be NeoThermic (the forum admin), or John from IV (the other forum admin).

it's just striking a pose. You don't really think I was serious about that?

xander wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:Do you really want to hang around on a thread just to be the ass you already have proven you are?

coolsi may be an ass, but you are not showing yourself to be any better by allowing yourself to be baited by him. Why don't you just ignore him? He probably wouldn't have posted again if you had just done that in the first place...

why ignore him? Why should I be the "better man" and walk away? I agree, I pumped up 'cause of him and he still deserve it. And he is the one who should go away. He doesn't "bait" me, he's just showing the forum that he hasn't got anything better to do than talking shit, just for the heck of it. And have you considered that he=the troll and that >I< am baiting him? He sure knows how to come back for more crumbs. *crushes a cookie in his fist*

xander wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I'm not getting worked up by anything but idiots who think "internet" = "right to piss all over the place". It's completely possible to express your opinions without the attitude. FYI. Would have saved us both several pointless posts.

It may not be a right, but how are you going to prevent people from pissing all over the place. And, from where I am sitting, you are behaving far more irrational and childish than coolsi. Why don't you just take a step back, stop allowing coolsi to bait you, calm down, and stop responding to him?

irrational, me? I didn't poke at him - he came here talking nothing but trash and suddenly I'm the irrational one? I simply react (to the troll)

xander wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I'm sure you can come back with another "clever" return to this post too.

He probably will. So?

xander

I just said that as a pre-emptive strike to see how "clever" he can get next.
prophile
level5
level5

Postby prophile » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 am

A cheddar cheese and ham sandwich makes an excellent and fast lunch.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:45 am

Indeed, tribal is the only description I can come up with for what it is.

*Me gets the popcorn to watch as Radiant Caligula continues to dig himself a hole.*
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Pathy
level2
level2

Postby Pathy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:23 am

Don't even bother with the lasers, just take a scalpel and slice off the chunk of arm that you have destroyed with that monstrosity of a tattoo.

I mean uh, it looks good. Ish. Kinda.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:10 am

I don't really like tattoos and think most of them look ugly
at least this one still says: "hey look how stupid i am"
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Rkiver wrote:Indeed, tribal is the only description I can come up with for what it is.

*Me gets the popcorn to watch as Radiant Caligula continues to dig himself a hole.*

here we go again.

Why is that? Because I kicked back to a "senior" member who acted like a complete tool? coolsi came here to state his opinion, fine.

Did he have to be a total ass doing it? No. Maybe I have been digging something, but coolsi have been digging a far bigger something in the process, given his "seniority". His post count or status on this forum doesn't mean sh*t to me. And it shouldn't give him a free pass in your eyes to behave like a sucker.
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:I own this thread b-aich. Do you really want to hang around on a thread just to be the ass you already have proven you are?

I'm not getting worked up by anything but idiots who think "internet" = "right to piss all over the place". It's completely possible to express your opinions without the attitude. FYI. Would have saved us both several pointless posts.

Once again, if you can't handle a bit of attitude maybe the internet isn't for you. I think you're a fool. That's my opinion.

why ignore him? Why should I be the "better man" and walk away? I agree, I pumped up 'cause of him and he still deserve it. And he is the one who should go away. He doesn't "bait" me, he's just showing the forum that he hasn't got anything better to do than talking shit, just for the heck of it. And have you considered that he=the troll and that >I< am baiting him? He sure knows how to come back for more crumbs. *crushes a cookie in his fist*

Really, you're not baiting me. I'm only posting because it amuses me.

irrational, me? I didn't poke at him - he came here talking nothing but trash and suddenly I'm the irrational one? I simply react (to the troll)

I didn't come here talking nothing but trash - I simply said your tattoo was shit and you reacted to it. By posting a picture of a scribble on your arm you opened yourself up to critisism. Not my fault really, is it?
Nakatomi is coming
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 pm

coolsi wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:I own this thread b-aich. Do you really want to hang around on a thread just to be the ass you already have proven you are?

Once again, if you can't handle a bit of attitude maybe the internet isn't for you. I think you're a fool. That's my opinion.

Really, you're not baiting me. I'm only posting because it amuses me.

I didn't come here talking nothing but trash - I simply said your tattoo was shit and you reacted to it. By posting a picture of a scribble on your arm you opened yourself up to critisism. Not my fault really, is it?

Have you also thought about that I'm posting because it amuses me? Me being a fool in your eyes is a wonderful approval of quality. I'm approved by the best, THX! ;-)

I know we're on the internet. Does that make you great? Does it give you free leave to say anything you want? People like Rising Thunder acts like kids with ADD, thinking they can get away with anything. I have no problems with criticism on the net, but I still hate trolls.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:56 pm

Radiant, you seem to have taken issue with the fact that coolsi's sense of humour is different to yours. coolsi's point was that, whatever your intent, posting something on the internet potentially opens you up to criticism. He may be a bastard, you may be an ass etc., but all you're currently doing is perpetuating an argument that no-one will win. It's pointless.

You can easily keep on doing this for several more pages - but would you want to?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Radiant Caligula wrote:Have you also thought about that I'm posting because it amuses me? Me being a fool in your eyes is a wonderful approval of quality. I'm approved by the best, THX! ;-)

Then you must have a strange perception of quality. You kinda just confirmed that you are a clown though. :)

I know we're on the internet. Does that make you great? Does it give you free leave to say anything you want? People like Rising Thunder acts like kids with ADD, thinking they can get away with anything. I have no problems with criticism on the net, but I still hate trolls.

Believe me, I don't think I'm great - and yes, there are fewer limits to what people can say on the internet. I must admit I found Rising Thunder's post about you being a ladyboy highly amusing, so I must be a kid with ADD too. Oh well.
Nakatomi is coming
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:05 pm

coolsi wrote:
Radiant Caligula wrote:Have you also thought about that I'm posting because it amuses me? Me being a fool in your eyes is a wonderful approval of quality. I'm approved by the best, THX! ;-)

Then you must have a strange perception of quality. You kinda just confirmed that you are a clown though. :)

Believe me, I don't think I'm great - and yes, there are fewer limits to what people can say on the internet. I must admit I found Rising Thunder's post about you being a ladyboy highly amusing, so I must be a kid with ADD too. Oh well.

@KingAl shhh, we're in the middle round 11. :P

Rising's comment was an age old reference to a feud between him and me. And I'm glad you finally admitted you have ADD. Where's your Ritalin?

I never said I wasn't a clown, but it's better being a clown than being a horses ass - people laugh at me and get high class amusement. All a horses ass will ever acheive is to make people hold their noses.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Respected member of the Uplink forums though coolsi may be, his attitude was more than a little trollish, and if he is supposed to be a respected member of the community, then my respect for him - not that he cares, before I get more entangled in this pointless argument - isn't necessarily proportional to his post count. He's digging himself a far worse hole, in my eyes.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”