I got one! lolz Do you have a tattoo too? or two?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:37 pm

We could get paddles. Do you want paddles?
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:38 pm

188 posts? fuck you nerds
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:38 pm

Rising Thunder MVP wrote:188 posts? fuck you nerds

Yes, fuck the nerds. They too need sex.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Rkiver wrote:We could get paddles. Do you want paddles?

OH PLEASE!
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:04 pm

shinygerbil wrote:It's still silly, and no more acceptable for being an "initiation ceremony".

Silly? It depends on which "initiation ceremony" you are thinking of. If it's a frat initiation that is done purely as entertainment for the frat members, it is silly. However there are lots of "initiation ceremonies" that are much more and have important practical functions. Think of the ordeals that most special forces units in the military have. They use such ordeals to test new recruits and make sure they are fit for service. It weeds out the weak and ill suited and builds unit cohesion. That is certainly not silly.
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:55 pm

Rkiver wrote:
Stewsburntmonkey wrote:
Did you really use "respected" and "coolsi" in the same sentence? ;)

In internet forums, especially largely unmoderated ones, it often the practice of forum vets to try and tease out the nature of aspiring regulars. Sometimes this involves some baiting. The test is how such baiting is responded to. I'm not saying this is what coolsi was doing, but I think the end result is the same.

Radiant Caligula, Stews explained it quite well what I was basing my comment on.

So... Me reacting to moronic, completely disrespectful behaviour is automatically frowned upon? I didn't know this was some kind of "test". Neither did coolsi. He acted as a vile rats ass and suddenly I'm the one who should be on the defensive? wow, that really makes sense.
-First you wanna kill me. Now you wanna kiss me?? BLOW!
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 am

1/ I don't get why you're getting so worked up about someone saying your tattoo looks like shit.
At least it's an honest response!

Besides, you said you made the drawing 10 years ago. Somehow it never let you go, and now you got it inked on your arm. So you'll probably not get tired of it, or regret it (or so I hope for you).
I said it was a "cool tattoo" before, but I wouldn't give it a price on looks, either. But you seem happy with it, it gets the reactions you aimed for (well, mostly) and it's your body.

2/ About "the internetS" (as shiny always puts it ;) ) and people using the argument "if you can't take blablabla the Internet is not for you". That is such utter bullshit.
It's hypocricy. The only reason that people refrain from behaving like total asses in real life (well some) but not on the internet, is the lack of repercussion. The reasons for this are: First anonimity. Second "proximity". If I go around behaving like a total ass to people around me, my social (and probably professional) life will suffer from it. However, as you don't know these people and they have no (or little) links with your RL you're more detached from caring about the person('s feelings). Also, arguably, they can't smack you on the head, either.

But seriously, coolsi's opinion was just that. An honest, disagreeing opinion. And I'd leave it at that, if I were you.

PS I'm not saying coolsi is behaving like an ass. Others come to mind in more examplary ways :roll:
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:23 am

I didn't put on a hissy fit because of his opinion. Anyone can mean whatever the hell they want to mean. As I've mentioned several times already it was his tone that sparked me. Had he said it with at least some degree of humour it would have been cool. Everyone agrees (even me) the tattoo is complete shit, but you don't have to degrade your fellow man and telling he is an idiot. I couldn't care for what coolsi said, other than I wouldn't like to be his friend. People who use "it's the internet" as an excuse to troll amaze me. I wonder if they sit on bars in the real world giving passers by the finger telling them it's ok because "we have a window between us".
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:26 am

suck my cock
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:08 am

Radiant Caligula wrote:I didn't put on a hissy fit because of his opinion. Anyone can mean whatever the hell they want to mean. As I've mentioned several times already it was his tone that sparked me. Had he said it with at least some degree of humour it would have been cool. Everyone agrees (even me) the tattoo is complete shit, but you don't have to degrade your fellow man and telling he is an idiot. I couldn't care for what coolsi said, other than I wouldn't like to be his friend. People who use "it's the internet" as an excuse to troll amaze me. I wonder if they sit on bars in the real world giving passers by the finger telling them it's ok because "we have a window between us".

I didn't say you couldn't put on a hissy fit either ;)
Good point on the tone...but how do you suggest he had put it then?
Had he written "it is...shit :P" everyone would have assumed that to be a joke or said jokingly, while it was really a serious opinion. Smileys don't convey the "I'm serious, but take it with humour".
(Come to think of it, how *do* you plainly say "it's shit", WITH humour ?! )

Now, as far as degrading goes, I find there will always be someone disapproving of what you're doing. Hence, therefore, you're an idiot, because you don't hold up to the same 'standard' or reasoning.
You must be familiar with the "everyone driving slower than you is a grandma"/"everyone flying by you at high speeds is insane" way of thinking. It's exactly what's happening here.
It's just a matter of different values and standards. Is your tattoo any more idiotic than scarification ? (Which I know little of, and try to keep it like that ;) ). The question was rhetorical - see what I just said ;)
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:18 am

his "that tattoo...is shit" post is nothing. It's all his following ones that flashed his ass in my face. I guess it all comes down to character.
If I wanted to convey that something was shit to anyone I would have used a slight touch of sarcasm with a light squeeze of irony followed by some cute smileys. My opinion would still be out there, but I wouldn't come out as a complete jerk in the process making new enemies. coolsi isn't my "enemy", but he sure didn't show himself to be a very sympathetic fella.
Last edited by Radiant Caligula on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 am

I see where you're coming from but most people don't care for sympathising with people they think are behaving like an idiot ;)
It's a pity, really, because people get judgemental way too fast -and genuinely don't care about the repercussions of that.

Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:42 am

FUCKKKKK OFFFFFE
Radiant Caligula
level5
level5

Postby Radiant Caligula » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:06 am

Rising Thunder MVP wrote:FUCKKKKK OFFFFFE
:roll:
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:19 am

Rising Thunder MVP wrote:FUCKKKKK OFFFFFE
:roll:

Return to “Introversion Lounge”