GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 am

Feud wrote:...Xander...

Urg... to kill... rising...

xander
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:17 am

xander wrote:
Feud wrote:...Xander...

Urg... to kill... rising...

xander

Sorry about that, I totally forgot. I have gone back and fixed it.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:51 pm

The Ducks are one game away from sweeping their series. The only other team who is capable of a sweep at this point is the Red Wings, but they need to win two games to make that happen.

Canuks? Pah! They only just won their game last night in overtime, they won their first game in over time as well, and they did lose their second game. It's not a promising sign.

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:55 pm

NeoThermic wrote:The Ducks are one game away from sweeping their series. The only other team who is capable of a sweep at this point is the Red Wings, but they need to win two games to make that happen.

Canuks? Pah! They only just won their game last night in overtime, they won their first game in over time as well, and they did lose their second game. It's not a promising sign.

NeoThermic

The Ducks are up against Minnisota who are not having a good year. who during the regular season where cannon fodder for the Canucks.
Dallas hasn't been doing very well eitther but they have some good players with alot of playoff experience, like Modano, Zubov, and Turco. All in all i think they are a better team than Minnisoda.
Vacouver is currently up 2-1 in there series how could that not be a promising sign? just because they not going to sweep the series? remember there up against a better team.
If you took a look at the western_confrence_standings
as they where going into the playoffs you'd see that Detriot, Anahiem, and Vancouver where pratically tied, it's been said that this year is vancouver's greatest chance of winning the cup because we finnally have the team to do it (but we've already lost some players to injuries). Thats what they say but i think this years belongsto Detriot, Buffalo, or Nashville.

Also I'd like to apologize at anyone I may have offended earlier, that comment was not ment to be directed at everyone and is really not my way, i was not in a good mood at the time and it was wrong. Once again I apologize.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Trident wrote:The Ducks are up against Minnisota who are not having a good year. who during the regular season where cannon fodder for the Canucks.
Dallas hasn't been doing very well eitther but they have some good players with alot of playoff experience, like Modano, Zubov, and Turco. All in all i think they are a better team than Minnisoda.
Vacouver is currently up 2-1 in there series how could that not be a promising sign? just because they not going to sweep the series? remember there up against a better team.
If you took a look at the western_confrence_standings
as they where going into the playoffs you'd see that Detriot, Anahiem, and Vancouver where pratically tied, it's been said that this year is vancouver's greatest chance of winning the cup because we finnally have the team to do it (but we've already lost some players to injuries). Thats what they say but i think this years belongsto Detriot, Buffalo, or Nashville.

If you want to see a decent playoff, look at the last time the Ducks were in it. Right to the final, and even then it went to 7 games. We've swept Minnisota before, and we're doing it again, cannon fodder or not. Vancouver is just going to be another statistic in the Ducks' belt.

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:13 pm

NeoThermic wrote:If you want to see a decent playoff, look at the last time the Ducks were in it. Right to the final, and even then it went to 7 games. We've swept Minnisota before, and we're doing it again, cannon fodder or not. Vancouver is just going to be another statistic in the Ducks' belt.

NeoThermic

Well, I guess will find out when Vancouver plays the Ducks in round 3 :wink: should be a good series.
Last edited by Trident on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Trident wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:If you want to see a decent playoff, look at the last time the Ducks were in it. Right to the final, and even then it went to 7 games. We've swept Minnisota before, and we're doing it again, cannon fodder or not. Vancouver is just going to be another statistic in the Ducks' belt.

NeoThermic

Well, I guess will find out when Vancouver plays the Ducks in round 2 :wink: should be a good series.

Er, what? Vancouver will play either Nashville or San Jose, depending on who wins their series. We will only meet if you get to the conference finals, of which you will have to beat Dallas and Nashville/San Jose. Currently you've got more chance of being beaten by Dallas or losing to whomever you face after them than meeting us. The Ducks have beaten the Red Wings before (we swept them!), and they are looking more likely to win their series.

You really oughta pay more attention to how these things are done ;)

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:18 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Trident wrote:

NeoThermic

Well, I guess will find out when Vancouver plays the Ducks in round 2 :wink: should be a good series.

Er, what? Vancouver will play either Nashville or San Jose, depending on who wins their series. We will only meet if you get to the conference finals, of which you will have to beat Dallas and Nashville/San Jose. Currently you've got more chance of being beaten by Dallas or losing to whomever you face after them than meeting us. The Ducks have beaten the Red Wings before (we swept them!), and they are looking more likely to win their series.

You really oughta pay more attention to how these things are done ;)

NeoThermic

I actually ment round 3, i realized this just after i posted it. but anahiem will never get past Detroit :P so i guess thats another error in it's own.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:13 am

Trident wrote:I actually ment round 3, i realized this just after i posted it. but anahiem will never get past Detroit :P so i guess thats another error in it's own.

Haha, you make me laugh. The Ducks swept the wings the last time they faced them. I don't see it being any different this time around.

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:39 am

NeoThermic wrote:
Trident wrote:I actually ment round 3, i realized this just after i posted it. but anahiem will never get past Detroit :P so i guess thats another error in it's own.

Haha, you make me laugh. The Ducks swept the wings the last time they faced them. I don't see it being any different this time around.

NeoThermic

eh?.... Maybe you should pay more attention. Aniheim didn't even play Detroit in the 2006 playoffs. They swept Colorado in round 2, then where beaten by Edmonton in round 3. In the final Carolina defeated Edmonton (who had no real bussiness being there) to win the cup.

::EDIT::
i just looked it up, and the last time they played Detroit was in 2003, so yeah... alot could be different
Last edited by Trident on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:44 am

Trident wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

eh?.... Maybe you should pay more attention. Aniheim didn't even play Detroit in the 2006 playoffs. They swept Colorado in round 2, then where beaten by Edmonton in round 3. In the final Carolina defeated Edmonton (who had no real bussiness being there) to win the cup.

Last time they faced them. Read my goddamn post and you realise that I'm referring to the 2002-2003 season.

Please. PAY MORE ATTENTION.

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 am

read my edit
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:50 am

Trident wrote:read my edit

Post what you mean the first time and I won't have to.

NeoThermic
Trident
level2
level2

Postby Trident » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:54 am

NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

yeah hehe :) .... i always end up not fully reading the post which i am replying to. causing lots of edits.
but a refrence to four years ago is hardly making a valid point.
::EDIT::EDIT::
and don't come back at me with all sorts of rosters and statistics comparing 2003 to this season (i really don't care)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Trident wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

yeah hehe :) .... i always end up not fully reading the post which i am replying to. causing lots of edits.
but a refrence to four years ago is hardly making a valid point.
::EDIT::EDIT::
and don't come back at me with all sorts of rosters and statistics comparing 2003 to this season (i really don't care)

Here's a hint, if no one has replied, then you don't need to make edits that obvious. ;)

Anyway, the 2002-2003 season was three seasons ago. I'm rather sure that it's still valid. Then again, to spite myself, we've lost twice in a sweep the opposite way to the wings. However, those are just as invalid, as they were the 1998-1999 and 1996-1997 seasons. (I.e. many many years ago).

Both of our teams play tonight. If we win, we have won our round. If Wild win, they've still got to win 3 more games to beat us. If you win, you've got one more game. If Dallas win, they tie you. That means that Dallas would then only need two more games to beat you.

NeoThermic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”