GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!

Postby Trident » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:01 pm

The Vancouver Canucks won the first game of the playoff series with the Dallas Stars last night in the 4TH OVERTIME :shock: A record breaking long game that went from 7p.m. to 12:30 a.m. they brought home the win for there first playoff game in 3 years!!!
click below to watch the
GAME_WINNING_ GOAL
scored by Henrik Sedin,
Roberto Luongo also had an amazing 72 saves.

final score VAN-5 / DAL-4
the series is now
CANUCKS 1
STARS 0


Have a favorite team in the Stanley Cup playoffs? post there wins or losses here. Not a hockey fan? well then...sucks to be you.
Last edited by Trident on Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:42 pm

Hockey -- that's the one where people try to hit a small white ball with clubs, then run around four white bases in a large, rectangular field, throw fish through a net, and score a touchdown?

xander
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:48 pm

that was wrong in so many ways.
soccer is that the one were nothing exciting ever happens
and unlike US football Hockey is intense, they don't get to take a break every 20seconds, notice there is no fat guys in hockey. It is the most challenging game to play in the world...hands down
i'd like to see some 400lb defence man pull this off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb0XIBJWdk
football_Hits_are_nothing
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 pm

Code: Select all

 *     <-- the joke

 O
\|/    <-- you
 |
/ \


xander
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:01 pm

no no i got it, i just wanted an excuse to explain some of the ways hockey is better that football, cause it is. :P
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5
Posts: 11553
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Trident wrote:that was wrong in so many ways.
soccer is that the one were nothing exciting ever happens
and unlike US football Hockey is intense, they don't get to take a break every 20seconds, notice there is no fat guys in hockey. It is the most challenging game to play in the world...hands down
i'd like to see some 400lb defence man pull this off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb0XIBJWdk
football_Hits_are_nothing



That's funny because hockey is really just soccer on ice where you use sticks instead of feet.

As far as American Football there are lots of things those 400lb guys can do that would likely kill most hockey players, but they are really totally different disciplines. I don't think pointing out something one can do that the other can't really proves anything. I mean athletes specialize in their own particular sports. Just because someone who can run 100m in 10 seconds can't skate or put a puck in a net doesn't mean they are not a damn good athlete.

Also hockey hits tend to look a lot worse than they generally are. Certainly they are hard, but since they are on ice they are more about speed than power. This is because the danger in most collisions in other sports is when people their feet planted. If you get hit when your feet are planted in the ground you not only get the initial hit, but all that force goes to your weaker body parts like your knees and ankles. This is generally where the injuries from NFL hits come from.
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 am

your telling me this can run 100m in 10 seconds?
Image

looks like a damn good athlete to me :P

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:That's funny because hockey is really just soccer on ice where you use sticks instead of feet.

Trident wrote:that was wrong in so many ways.
Last edited by Trident on Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 am

I find it a little pathetic how much protection American Footballers apparently need. Also, I notice rather strangely that America doesn't compete in the American Football World Cup.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:01 am

Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:10 am

KingAl wrote:I find it a little pathetic how much protection American Footballers apparently need. Also, I notice rather strangely that America doesn't compete in the American Football World Cup.


thats quite funny :lol: but seriously, all the protection is so they don't mess up there face to much to appear in TV commercials.
I remeber some older hockey games (1990's) where some players didn't even wear a helmet, and you still never see a full face mask except for the goalie, and they have frozen pucks flying at there face at 100mph, or the chance of being slammed face first into the boards. Back in the old days they had nothing, no pads, helmets, not even the goalie had a face mask... tuff guys.
despite what Stewsburntmonkey thinks. hockey hits look worse, are worse, and cause worse injurys i.e. missing teeth, broken jaws, shattered knees, torn legiments, cracked skulls, and miles and miles of stiches are all the norm. you not only have to be an amazing athlete but also one tuff s.o.b.
Last edited by Trident on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:13 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...

There trying
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2786923
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:17 am

Trident wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...

There trying
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2786923

$250m contract and I've never heard of him or LA Galaxy till I read that story. Probably typical of most Americans.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...


Indeed. It requires skill and finesse and things happen too quickly, in contrast with the 'trench-warfare-as-a-sport' they like to call 'American Football'. Also, 'soccer' players avoid the need for protection by breaking into tears every time they're brushed by another player.
User avatar
Trident
level2
level2
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Trident » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:23 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Trident wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...

There trying
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2786923

$250m contract and I've never heard of him or LA Galaxy till I read that story. Probably typical of most Americans.

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF DAVID BECKHAM!!??!? he's a british soccer star, but what planet are you from?? and $250mill is an unheard of, astronomical amount for any athlete.

and read my location please i am proudly a Canadian
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 am

Trident wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:
Trident wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Whilst soccer may be an enjoyable sport, it has not yet become an enjoyable enough sport (either to play or watch) to a majority of Americans. It's definitely gaining support here, but has a long way to go...

There trying
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2786923

$250m contract and I've never heard of him or LA Galaxy till I read that story. Probably typical of most Americans.

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF DAVID BECKHAM!!??!? he's a british soccer star, but what planet are you from??

and read my location please i am proudly a Canadian

If I ever have it has long since faded into oblivion, along with any interest in soccer. I did play while in elementary school, but a sport without being able to use your hands is just too strange.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests