Site Traffic Statistics

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Site Traffic Statistics

Postby KingAl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:41 am

Thought people might find this interesting. Right from the outset this year has had higher traffic than in the past - the only comparable times in the past are a massive peak in 2001-2002 - presumably as a result of the 'slashdot effect'. In the last 3 months it's been approximately the 55,000th most visited site on the net (though obviously this isn't based on data from all net users).

Err... discuss.
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:08 pm

I'd say this site suffers more from skewed alexa results than others (the majority of users here are more savvy, so likely to be using something other than IE, and not have alexa spyware installed).
User avatar
Shwart!!
level5
level5
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:36 am

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:29 am

And then there are people like me who just discovered it a couple'o months ago. Not many, but some.
Congrats, IV!

Shwart!!
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:09 am

55,000 is actually pretty good, regardless. It's higher than Funcom, for example.
User avatar
ChasM
level2
level2
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:47 pm
Location: Arizona Desert

Postby ChasM » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:52 am

Statistics is the dark side of all math.
I've removed more Alexa spyware than I'd care to remember.
Use Spybot or Webroot please.
Oh, I'm certain that there's enough sample out there to project accuracy.
I'm just not part of it.
In target practice, your shot grouping represents your precision.
Then the average shot group distance from the bullseye represents your accuracy.
So in conclusion, shoot for the moon and be happy if you hit Hawaii.
I think Introversion hit some place on Saturn. . .
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:01 am

Unsurprisingly, microsoft.com has a massive share. Not solely because many people visit it - but also because a lot (most?) people who use microsoft software don't know the first thing about computers.
Lastof
level2
level2
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:32 pm

Postby Lastof » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:29 am

KingAl wrote:but also because a lot (most?) people who use microsoft software don't know the first thing about computers.


That's not true. They know that the big button on the front turns it on, and to turn it off you just unplug it at the wall. How stupid do you think they are...
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:08 am

Lastof wrote:
KingAl wrote:but also because a lot (most?) people who use microsoft software don't know the first thing about computers.


That's not true. They know that the big button on the front turns it on, and to turn it off you just unplug it at the wall. How stupid do you think they are...


They know the first and second thing? Jeez, I've gotta catch up...
User avatar
Xocrates
level5
level5
Posts: 5262
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Postby Xocrates » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:23 am

KingAl wrote:
Lastof wrote:
KingAl wrote:but also because a lot (most?) people who use microsoft software don't know the first thing about computers.


That's not true. They know that the big button on the front turns it on, and to turn it off you just unplug it at the wall. How stupid do you think they are...


They know the first and second thing? Jeez, I've gotta catch up...


And those that have laptops have to wait for the battery to run out.
User avatar
KingAl
level5
level5
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

Postby KingAl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Read what is written on the page, my young padawan.

I never said that all who use the site were unable to keep their computers spyware free, merely that a large number of people, perhaps most, who use windows don't know much about computers. This conjecture still allows for those who use windows and understand the things.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:30 pm

com-pu-ter?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
MrBunsy
level5
level5
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:40 pm
Location: Southampton
Contact:

Postby MrBunsy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:29 pm

But most people who use an alternative OS do know a little about computers, however.
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:32 pm

Get a Macintosh
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
BrianBlessed
level4
level4
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:33 pm

Postby BrianBlessed » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:50 pm

MrBunsy wrote:But most people who use an alternative OS do know a little about computers, however.

Except mac users, who just wear beanies, clothes with graffiti on and terrible glasses.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:59 pm

BrianBlessed wrote:
MrBunsy wrote:But most people who use an alternative OS do know a little about computers, however.

Except mac users, who just wear beanies, clothes with graffiti on and terrible glasses.

I don't wear a beanie or graffiti covered clothing, and I happen to think that my glasses are rather nice. :(

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests