Coast to Coast

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
chaz1356
level1
level1

Postby chaz1356 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:01 am

Rkiver wrote:
Darksun wrote:According to Wikipedia it's only broadcast in the US and Canada (although availiable internationally streamed over the internet)

Dear yanks,

Learn there is a whole world beyond your own borders.

From,
The rest of the planet.

Dear Brit,
Half of the people who use these boards are americans and seriously..what the hell?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:08 am

chaz1356 wrote:Dear Brit,
Half of the people who use these boards are americans and seriously..what the hell?

You are incorrect. Many, if not most, of the people on these boards are British. There are also sizable numbers of mainland Europeans, a few slavs, a couple of Canucks (hi, trickfred), and a smattering of people from other parts of the world. While I don't have hard numbers (NeoThermic might be able to provide those, based upon the IP addresses of those that read the forums), I would imagine that Americans are in the minority here.

Once again, I implore you to disconnect your access to the internet until such time as you can behave like a reasonable human being, rather than a complete ass.

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 am

I think that there would be very few americans- I can only think of xander, myself, and SODsniper.

-Shwart!!
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:33 am

Holy Shit Batman, Dublin is once again part of Britain? RULE BRITANNIA BABY!
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:33 am

xander wrote:

You are incorrect. Many, if not most, of the people on these boards are British. There are also sizable numbers of mainland Europeans, a few slavs, a couple of Canucks (hi, trickfred), and a smattering of people from other parts of the world. While I don't have hard numbers (NeoThermic might be able to provide those, based upon the IP addresses of those that read the forums), I would imagine that Americans are in the minority here.

Once again, I implore you to disconnect your access to the internet until such time as you can behave like a reasonable human being, rather than a complete ass.

xander

Pulling from some older statistics (I've yet to run any updated ones, and even if I did, this generally isn't shareable info).

First, some notes. Many ISP's use .com, even though they are not based in America. Ergo it would be foolish to say that all .com hits are from America. Secondly, there was a large number of unresolved IPs (of which for this statistical period I might of been a few of those; for the given period I was the #1 forum visitor ;) ).

Anywho, in first place we have .net addresses, accouting for about 32% of the hits. In second place is .com, accouting for about 21% of the hits. with 10%, third palce goes to the unresolved IPs.

Now to the resolved countries. The UK is 4th with 7% of all the hits. Germany fifth, with 3%. Then we have good old Canada at 2.6%.

Looking through the stats, the only resolvable united states domains resolve to a tiny 0.7% of the hits to these forums.

NeoThermic
chaz1356
level1
level1

Postby chaz1356 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:59 am

Ok i take that back then, I am wrong. Anyway its not like I was insulting europeans, I'm just curious what his problem was mostly and I worded it wrong.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:27 am

1) If you are going to insult me, get my country right. I'm Irish, as in actually Irish, not the "Grandfathers friends cousins uncles neighbours dog is an Irish setter".

2) The person posting this seemed to assume we'd all know of this station, which only plays within the continent of Northern America. This plays into the stereotype of American's, as it wasn't a Canadian, have no clue of what goes on outside their own borders.

3) Your statement which you were forced to recind on most people here being American is hilarious.

4) I have no problem in the first place, it was a joke. I suggest that someone like yourself who is relatively new goes and reads the following.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
ChasM
level2
level2

Postby ChasM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:33 pm

What makes it so funny is that chaz1356 didn't put any location in his bbs profile.
Lessee, AM radio has no country borders, Internet "radio" doesn't have many borders,
So, my question is thus:

Between what geographical "coasts" is chazzy drowning?
*Rkiver bubbles dressed scuba gear*
(-: Chas.M. :-)
ChasM
level2
level2

Postby ChasM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Oops, that should read:

*Rkiver making bubbles dressed in scuba gear*
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 pm

I wonder what this is for..

ChasM
level2
level2

Postby ChasM » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:27 pm

My bookmarks are getting too old for that.
I don't trust the new ones, especially when the Uplink game is my only interest.
And it is from an outfit that emblazens

BUY

on their front page. . .
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:37 pm

ChasM wrote:My bookmarks are getting too old for that.
I don't trust the new ones, especially when the Uplink game is my only interest.
And it is from an outfit that emblazens

BUY

on their front page. . .

That bares no relation to using the edit button.

KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:22 am

Montyphy wrote:Image

It's NOT WORKING!1!!1one1!!one!!
ChasM
level2
level2

EDIT Button

Postby ChasM » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:08 am

OK for clarity:
I haven't been using the light-blue colored forum "Cobalt Blue" (which has an EDIT Button)
I am using the dark-blue original pHp Which has no EDIT Button.
It is pointed to by older links stored in my browser bookmarks.

Besides, "EDIT:" is cheating. You should be more careful. . .
Oh, and so should I, sorry.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:17 am

Are you referring to the Uplink theme which uses the following for an edit button?

And when you say bookmarks do you mean cache?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”