Attention Mac Users

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.

What kind of Mac do you have

PowerPC
49%
Intel
32%
Both
18%

Total votes: 65
davejk
level1
level1

Postby davejk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:56 pm

If you want any more beta testers (I know, I know) I have a shiny new 24-inch iMac here.

Oh, but I already have Defcon on Mac (1920x1200) via the wonders of CrossOver. 100FPS+ on max settings, too. :)
Lastof
level2
level2

Postby Lastof » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:07 am

/me waves at nfreader
Hey man.

Looking at that I can conclude a few things.

andrew has been playing a review1 version on his G5, which I find an odd version to choose to have ported (since it was out of date almost as soon as it was released).

Also, I don't think this will be possible

Electrolite, in the progress log wrote:We're holding off on doing a beta until all the work is done, and then we'll try to beta-test in parallel with Introversion's next Windows update.

Since, well, the windows beta seems open now, and we have already had 1 new version and 1 on the way.

And finally, release for Christmas?

Electrolite, in the progress log wrote:While a November release looks unlikely, the actually gameplay has already been tested to death on the Windows side, so we should be able to get it through beta much faster than usual.
nfreader
level1
level1

Postby nfreader » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:13 pm

The way I see it, either Defcon or Sketchfighter will come out on December 1 (just in time for Christmas). This is in par with Ambrosia's past couple of releases (Redline Oct. 1, Dragster Nov. 1 etc...). Right now, it seems more likely that we'll see SF on December 1, seeing as how it's in final beta (see ASW's upcoming page). This leaves the Defcon release date in limbo, because a Jan 1 release will catch a lot of people on vacation and low on funds after Xmas. I wouldn't release on Jan 1, but Defcon is already highly anticipated by most mac users, so it's kinda hard to figure out how things will go.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”