Greatest snack in the world?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
PhantomCode
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:45 am
Location: South Australia

Im so sad

Postby PhantomCode » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:53 am

I live in Australia (and I'm proud) and I've NEVER had a Poptart.

Do you pity or envy me?
User avatar
Montyphy
level5
level5
Posts: 6745
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:28 pm
Location: London, England

Postby Montyphy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:06 am

Pity
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:33 pm

Neither.

xander
User avatar
Chittix
level2
level2
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:49 pm
Location: The Big Red Button Factory
Contact:

Postby Chittix » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:16 pm

Sugar snap peas. Can't be beat.
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
The Ghost Ninja
level1
level1
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:27 am
Location: Undisclosed

Postby The Ghost Ninja » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:17 pm

Banankos, chocolate covering fake bananas. Man are they good
"What you do in life echos in eternity"
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:55 pm

Rhubarb and custard swedgers.

/scots language
Image

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
Garpu
level1
level1
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:12 am

Postby Garpu » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:08 am

Bah. Korean ramen is so much better than Marchuan. It's more expensive, but well worth it, if you need salt.

And POCKY!
User avatar
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Baltimore.md.us

Postby Mr. Roboto » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:11 am

I prefer chocolate, preferably in the form of brownies. No, dipswitch, not hash brownies. I don't do neurotoxins.

Other than that, some nice beef jerky will do. To wash it down, ice cold Code Red Diet Mountain Dew or Weis' Diet White Birch Beer.
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:09 pm

I've always wanted beef jerky.

Is it like a pepperami?
Image



No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Babylon5 wrote:I've always wanted beef jerky.

Is it like a pepperami?

Pepperoni? No, not really. Beef jerky is dries, smoked beef. It is generally rather chewy, and it can basically never go bad. Pepperoni is like a sausage -- in intestine stuffed with meat, then cured. It can go bad, and is not quite as chewy.

xander
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

Postby trickfred » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:57 pm

xander wrote:
Babylon5 wrote:I've always wanted beef jerky.

Is it like a pepperami?

Pepperoni? No, not really. Beef jerky is dries, smoked beef. It is generally rather chewy, and it can basically never go bad. Pepperoni is like a sausage -- in intestine stuffed with meat, then cured. It can go bad, and is not quite as chewy.

xander


No, he probably does mean peperami.

http://www.unilever.co.uk/ourbrands/foods/peperami.asp

And you haven't had jerky until you've tried moose jerky. :D
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:20 pm

trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:
Babylon5 wrote:I've always wanted beef jerky.

Is it like a pepperami?

Pepperoni? No, not really. Beef jerky is dries, smoked beef. It is generally rather chewy, and it can basically never go bad. Pepperoni is like a sausage -- in intestine stuffed with meat, then cured. It can go bad, and is not quite as chewy.

xander


No, he probably does mean peperami.

http://www.unilever.co.uk/ourbrands/foods/peperami.asp

And you haven't had jerky until you've tried moose jerky. :D

Ah, I see. And, while I have never had moose jerky, I really enjoy buffalo, elk, and venison jerky :)

xander
User avatar
Avenged
level2
level2
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Over there.......

Postby Avenged » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Jerky, never tried it..... the word just says all kind of bad things to me. Like its full of crap for example :-) Sounds like jamaican jerk chicken. I like that tho.

Personally id have to say cottage cheese with salt and vinigar crisps. Although i couldnt eat too much of it...

Oh and i dont mind them americany thingys.........corndogs. They didnt really take off over here in england though, but you can still get them.
Last edited by Avenged on Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Avenged
level2
level2
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Over there.......

Postby Avenged » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:29 pm

And so the edit button was used. Not once, but twice :)
Last edited by Avenged on Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:35 pm

Do you see this button: Image?

Use it.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests