Most idiotic PM ever!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Rkiver
level5
level5
Posts: 6405
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:39 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Most idiotic PM ever!

Postby Rkiver » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:00 pm

I am not kidding you, this is a pm I got on another forum.

Well I know you're going to say that my parents (or whoever) put this on/into my computer for a probably-good reason. But I only want to know if my assumption was correct. I don't have enough information to determine this myself so I thought you might have more experience with it.

There were two images of a PCI wireless card with an antenna coming out of the back of her computer

That's the back of my computer. I would like to know if you can tell if it's surveillance/spy hardware. I asked my brother what it was and he mumbled like "internet" something. So I was kind of confused as to why he hesitated.

If you can't figure out what it is, thanks anyways.

Sorry to bother you.


As spy device?

I respond
Bwuahahahahahahahahah. Spy thing? Your parents probably have less computer knowledge then you do. I'd wager your older brother put it there."

"How did you know I had an older brother and that he was the one who put it there?"
"Simple, your parents are your parents, you know nothing, had to be a brother."


Which Mas responded upon the telling of this
<Mas> Rkiver: With that kind of intuition, you really are the BOfH.


The youth of today eh?
User avatar
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5
Posts: 1154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:14 pm
Location: Västerås, Sweden
Contact:

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 pm

Aimgirl, I suppose?

Poor sods.
Dred_furst
level1
level1
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby Dred_furst » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:50 pm

haha thats brilliant, its along the same daft lines that my dad reset my server "because it needs resetting" and thinking port forwarding didnt forward ports
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:33 pm

At least she didn't ask you about the cup holder... :)

xander
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:37 pm

You mean this cup holder?

Image
This is an image of an actual PC component that fits into a 5.25 drive bay and provides you with a cup holder (motorized like a CD drive) and a cigarette lighter.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:48 pm

I meant this cup holder:
Image
But I like yours better :)

ScareyedHawk: what is that new avatar of yours? It frightens me...

xander
User avatar
Mr. Roboto
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Baltimore.md.us

Postby Mr. Roboto » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:56 pm

@Rkiver:
Let me see if I'm reading this right. A girl PMs you asking if a WiFi card is being used to spy on her, only her older brother says something about it being used for Internet access. If it was for net access, there should be a WiFi access point or router somewhere in the house.

This might be a longshot, but it might be possible for a WiFi card to be used to spy on another system. If that girl was running XP and has the remote administration service on, it could be possible. Though I've haven't heard of something like that happening, I bet if you googled for it, you could very well find how such spying is done.

Her parents could know more than they let on. At least they could be smart enough to ask Big Brother [sic] to "keep an eye on" their little girl.
User avatar
ScareyedHawk
level5
level5
Posts: 1154
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:14 pm
Location: Västerås, Sweden
Contact:

Postby ScareyedHawk » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 pm

Xander, it's from beatmania IIDX. It's from a song called Lion Suki (It is, however, written in kanji.). It should scare you, the video is fucking retarded.
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Xander, on a Mac, that IS a cupholder, since everyone knows that no worthwhile software is availiable for mac!
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5
Posts: 11553
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 pm

Yeah, my Mac has these two really crappy games called Darwinia and Uplink on it. Who are the idiots that actually like this sort of junk. ;)
Darksun
level5
level5
Posts: 6461
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Postby Darksun » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:35 pm

Stewsburntmonkey wrote:Yeah, my Mac has these two really crappy games called Darwinia and Uplink on it. Who are the idiots that actually like this sort of junk. ;)


Yeah, but everyone knows that the games run better and are more fun on Windows! Plus you can use both hands because you don't need to give handjobs to Steve Jobs while playing

...heh, Steve Handjobs... didn't notice that till I typed it
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:06 pm

Darksun wrote:Yeah, but everyone knows that the games run better and are more fun on Windows! Plus you can use both hands because you don't need to give handjobs to Steve Jobs while playing

...heh, Steve Handjobs... didn't notice that till I typed it

I think that you say things like this because, deep down, you are jealous.

xander
User avatar
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Posts: 4667
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)
Contact:

Postby shinygerbil » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 am

You weren't kidding when you said "fucking retarded", were you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Ei0EHZPUw
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Image
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:18 am

Sylph-DS wrote:I'd rather give Steve Jobs a handjob than pay hundreds of bucks for a shitty OS ;)


You sure?
Image

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Sylph-DS wrote:
Babylon5 wrote:
Sylph-DS wrote:I'd rather give Steve Jobs a handjob than pay hundreds of bucks for a shitty OS ;)


You sure?


No, I was being sarcasted.


I was being sarcastic.
Image



No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests