God hates fags? Fag Soldiers?

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Me300
level4
level4

God hates fags? Fag Soldiers?

Postby Me300 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 am

http://www.godhatesfags.com

Check it out.
Appearantly God hates gay people.
But I thought the Bible said that God loved everyone.
And I guess I'm gay too, because I don't use my position as a soldier to denounce homosexuality and encroach on the rights of others. And I'm going to hell because I serve in the military of a nation that harbors gays.
Outfuckingstanding.
These people make me almost ashamed to call myself a Christian. More like a fucking cult if you ask me.
That's just my $0.02. Feel free to discuss if you wish.
Just kinda pissed right now that these shitbags have the audacity of going to military funerals of people who died in IED blasts with signs saying "Thank God for IEDs" and such.
Krytoss
level1
level1

Postby Krytoss » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:29 am

sick fucks

unfortunately, there are extremist/fundamentalists in most religions
coolsi
level5
level5

Postby coolsi » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:30 am

Er, that is old news...Christains have always had a problem with gays.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Thankfully not all Christians are that closed minded. If they were...well let's just say Creationism would be thaught in schools as fact, at least in the US.

Religion has no place in the running of anything. It's a personal thing.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
willywag
level1
level1

Postby willywag » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:10 pm

The state of Iowa is working on legislation that will make it illegal to conduct an obnoxious protest near a military funeral. It's just Iowa, but it's a step in the right direction.
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:49 pm

willywag wrote:The state of Iowa is working on legislation that will make it illegal to conduct an obnoxious protest near a military funeral. It's just Iowa, but it's a step in the right direction.

Actually, there's several states doing that. There was this chick I went to basic with, and her sister and I talk to each other now on MSN, and her friend was blown up by an IED in Iraq, and lo and behold these people were there. She kept saying that "Drew's funeral is tomorrow" and then I saw CNN coverage of the funeral for one Kemple, Andrew, CPL, 101 Airborne. The protesters were there. That afternoon I was pissed and told her about it, and sure enough it was the same funeral. This even appeared in my hometown newspaper. I hate these people.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:18 pm

When I went to Promise Keepers I remember seeing people with such signs.
Didn't quite know what to make of it :P Stupid people.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Stewsburntmonkey
level5
level5

Postby Stewsburntmonkey » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:57 pm

coolsi wrote:Er, that is old news...Christains have always had a problem with gays.

That's not exactly true. Several of Popes and a Saint or two have been gay (or at least bisexual). :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Honestly, I am a pacifist, and don't like the idea of warfare on general priciple. I am even more opposed to the current conflict in Iraq -- I think it was (1) completely uneccessary, even from a defensive standpoint and (2) sold to the American public on false pretenses (where are the WMDs?).

That being said, a funeral is a personal affair. It should be as private as a family wants it to be, and should not be about making political statements -- it should be about mourning the loss of a loved one. People that would defame a funeral for a protest make me sick.

xander
Radiobuzz
level2
level2

Postby Radiobuzz » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:23 am

Wow... I've seen the movie about Matthew Shepard and I saw the scene in where these people are protesting at his funeral. However, I have now see this site (which I didn't know about), and saw "Matthew Shepard has been in hell for 2699 days".

Come on. I mean, really. This people deserves to be in jail.
Me300
level4
level4

Postby Me300 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:00 am

Radiobuzz wrote:Wow... I've seen the movie about Matthew Shepard and I saw the scene in where these people are protesting at his funeral. However, I have now see this site (which I didn't know about), and saw "Matthew Shepard has been in hell for 2699 days".

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon how you look at it), the US Constitution protects these people's right to be stupid. At the same time though, don't those rights exist only if they don't encroach upon someone else's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:44 am

Me300 wrote:
Radiobuzz wrote:Wow... I've seen the movie about Matthew Shepard and I saw the scene in where these people are protesting at his funeral. However, I have now see this site (which I didn't know about), and saw "Matthew Shepard has been in hell for 2699 days".

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon how you look at it), the US Constitution protects these people's right to be stupid. At the same time though, don't those rights exist only if they don't encroach upon someone else's right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

Agreed. These people don't deserve to be in jail for their ideas.

On the other hand, it might be possible to jail them for trespass, or harassment, or something. Freedom of speech does not allow you to threaten someone, or harass them.

Furthermore, people like this make others with more moderate views look all the worse. In the particular case of sexual based bigotry, there really is not an attractive moderate viewpoint -- they are, as far as I am concerned, wrong. However, many of the anti-war demonstrators that interfer with public and private events, and spout hateful remarks (as I have heard many of them spout) just make the rest of us look bad. It is frustrating, as those that are pro-war can point to the lunatic fringe, and claim that they represent the entire anti-war voice, and can safely be ignored...

xander
Lupin III
level1
level1

Postby Lupin III » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:44 am

Ahh well. They will have to answer to God eventually. But their mere existence infuriates me. Someone should hack their web site....I read a wikipedia article on these monsters...they actually PRAY for natural disasters and murders so that they can take delight in them.
willywag
level1
level1

Postby willywag » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:56 pm

Lupin III wrote:Someone should hack their web site....

That's where I have to disagree. Vandalizing their property just lowers you to their level without achieving anything useful.
Gravitron
level3
level3

Postby Gravitron » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:11 pm

I'll make a funny:

Religion is truely for pansys.

8)

Agnotism FTW.
iGAME...on the PC

Return to “Introversion Lounge”