Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:
*Big being relative to the person you're marrying. Simple, free, and special can be big.

As for backroom politics, we don't live in the same society as the founding fathers did. They fought a war, we fight with our smartphones. :P

She's a librarian, I asked her in the Library of Congress. Worked!

They fought men, we fight androids. :wink:
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 am

Xarlaxas wrote:Yeah, Gandhi was not so great, niether was Mother Theresa, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. . . .

Damnit all the well know good guys are letting me down. What about Nelson Mandela? Okay he may have bombed a few goverment targets and was the head of an organisation that fought a guerilla war against the goverment in wich a few citizens dies. But apart from that he was pretty nice wasn't he? Besides the civilian casualties happened while he was in jail so he wasn't even actively involved in those.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am

zjoere wrote:
Xarlaxas wrote:Yeah, Gandhi was not so great, niether was Mother Theresa, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. . . .

Damnit all the well know good guys are letting me down. What about Nelson Mandela? Okay he may have bombed a few goverment targets and was the head of an organisation that fought a guerilla war against the goverment in wich a few citizens dies. But apart from that he was pretty nice wasn't he? Besides the civilian casualties happened while he was in jail so he wasn't even actively involved in those.

Nobody's perfect lol... Although truthfully I can't name something Jesus did that was bad (not being biased here). Or are we talking about politicians?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 pm

The Mighty Santa wrote:
zjoere wrote:

Nobody's perfect lol... Although truthfully I can't name something Jesus did that was bad (not being biased here). Or are we talking about politicians?

What about that poor fig tree!?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Wasn't Jesus a politician then? He promised and talked about great things, but look at us now :/ Besides I think he was an alcoholic, no men just changes water into wine for the sake of it, only someone with a real desperate craving for alcohol would go so far.
Cuz fuck logic
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh, yea, grats Feud, I hope you will enjoy a happy marriage and a happy live thereafter!
Cuz fuck logic
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:28 pm

The Mighty Santa wrote:
zjoere wrote:

Well he does have a pretty big PR machinery so that probably helps and the fact that he lived 2000 years ago make it unlikely of embarrassing facebook photos turning up :wink:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 pm

zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Kurt Cobain lives! or at least his voice does.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 am

I disagree. I think I can discern the words that are coming out of his mouth.
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Greenlight has a few interesting entries. Having rated 750 or so of 'em, I'm not sure what to make of what seems like a version of IdleRPG, or what Road Works Simulator really entails.

A significant number of the games seem to be made in Ren'Py, and the sheer number of games that have a similar art style to that of Minecraft is staggering. Then again, there's loads of cool indie games out there, but a few that stood out enough for me to favourite (and thereby follow the progress of) include Neocolonialism and Drown.

I'm not sure what to make of Greenlight: the $100 mandatory Child's Play donation to get listed seems to be a bit anti-indie developer (although the number of fake Half-Life 3s that appeared in the first few days of Greenlight seem to make it necessary). I feel that perhaps making it a deposit would be a better solution. It also seems to force developers to become PR people: instead of contacting Valve, one now has to get fans to vote.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

microchip08 wrote:Greenlight...

I voted for UnderRail after playing the Alpha demo (kind of like Fallout, and other games of that ilk *looks up "ilk") -and an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Blackbeard wrote:an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .

Obscure? This has been such a high-profile modding project that I wasn't aware there were still gamers unaware of this project. It's a full conversion mod that basically takes the original Half-Life to the Source engine, that fans (including myself) have been eagerly following for years. It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen, with a ridiculous amount of experience between their team members. Pure awesomeness awaits - and it's just two days away. :D

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 pm

jelco wrote:It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen

You say that, but some of the voice acting sounds horrendous.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:49 pm

jelco wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:an obscure Source Mod called "Black Mesa" :? .

Obscure? This has been such a high-profile modding project that I wasn't aware there were still gamers unaware of this project. It's a full conversion mod that basically takes the original Half-Life to the Source engine, that fans (including myself) have been eagerly following for years. It's one of the most insanely professional mods I've seen, with a ridiculous amount of experience between their team members. Pure awesomeness awaits - and it's just two days away. :D

Jelco

So what's the difference between it and Half Life Source?

Return to “Introversion Lounge”