Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 am

Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Maybe he would of liked if his name was Kim Jong Healthy :P
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.

If you are going around calling statesman thugs, then start with your own country..


fucking bush and obama going against your own constitution and you are focusing on the people they call evil.. very, very smart..
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 pm

How dare you call Bush a thug! He was a Saint! :D



edit: Not only was Gaddafi a thug, but a douchebag who got what de deserved, same with all the other dictators.

I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress.
-Vic
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Jordy... wrote:
Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.


My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.
Last edited by Feud on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:
Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.


My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.


This.
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 pm

DTNC Vicious wrote:
Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:
Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.


My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.


This.


... is bullshit.

What did Qaddafi do? Suppress his people you say? Not only is this a half-truth, because many people were happy with him as a leader, and he was one of the few "dictators" that distributed, some, of the wealth of the countries natural resources among the population.
He was also a front-fighter for the emancipation of Africa, against the imperialistic western countries that rob the natural resources without paying a dime because they intentionally put governments in debt.
He was also preaching for an African currency, to replace the need for dollars.

The so called revolution was only led by a small percentage of the population and there is a strong suspicion, that (former-) terrorists infiltrated or have close connections to the present government.
Furthermore, I hope I do not need to say that there are many other, worse dictators then Qaddafi, as well as the fact that much more populations of Arabian countries are trying to establish a revolution, sometimes against an even more cruel regime then that of Libya.
Ofcourse, there is little focus on these issues now, some are even allied with the US, and there are no plans to openly intervene in any of these revolutions.
Plus Obama joined/created the war against Libya without even asking for congressional permission.



You say Qaddafi dead good riddance? Then at least ask yourself why he had to go. The real problem lies in your own country, there are more and more signs that the governmental power structure is going it's own course, with less congressional oversight, and power being hold by fewer and fewer people.

Just now I'm reading this book by Matthew M. Aid about the NSA and it turns out that this organizations is spying on it's own citizens, against the constitution, not following legal procedures and even the own legal team within NSA was not allowed clearance to investigate whether it was legal or not what they were doing.
Ofcourse it was claimed it was all legal and the telecommunication-companies got immunity from prosecution for aiding in this process, without anyone knowing what they did in the first place.
It's complete insanity when powerful institutions are going there own course lead by a select group of powerful people that are disregarding laws.

And what is it I hear now, the possibility of indefinite detention without the righ to come for a court?

A historicist in my country calls the politics of today "fact-free politics" and he's not far of, because politicians get away with bigger and more scandalous lies without any serious consequences, it's appalling.
I"m seriously re-thinking my position that everyone should be able to vote.
And these fuckin wars, alot of soldiers come home with serious problems from Iraq, and why did they go there? Why the fuck is no one held-accountable for the grave lies that have been told. Not mistakes, lies, because they knew it wasn't true.
And why the fuck are we not kicking poland out of the EU because they have helped the CIA secretly detain prisoners, and why the fuck is Guantanamo bay still open, and why the FUCK do we allow for such an unfair distribution of wealth when it's clearly harming the economy?

This ... is bullshit
User avatar
Xarlaxas
level5
level5
Posts: 1525
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:48 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 am

Commit a felony and you don't get to vote! :P
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am

Jordy... wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:
Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:
Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.


My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.


This.
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah




Stop complaining, sound like one of the looneys who were at the Occupy wall street shit.
-Vic
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:42 am

That's a nice rant, that doesn't mean that the people I called thugs weren't.
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

DTNC Vicious wrote:
Jordy... wrote:
DTNC Vicious wrote:
Feud wrote:
Jordy... wrote:
Feud wrote:Bin Laden, Al-Awlaki, Gaddafi, Kim Jong Il. Rough year for thugs.


excuse me? Gaddafi was a statesman as was Kim Jong Il, referring to them as thugs is unacceptable at this forum and I would like your signed apology for this violation.


My signed apology will require you to hold your breath for the duration of it's composistion, and may take several hours to ensure a proper drafting. This will have to be done in person, of course, as I have no means to deliver a signed copy to you that would be properly certified as authentic. So, upon your next arrival in my local, we can make arrangments to meet and carry out such buisness, provided of course that I don't decide upon the time that I no longer feel sorry for what I said, and revoke my intention to apologize.


This.
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah




Stop complaining, sound like one of the looneys who were at the Occupy wall street shit.


Call them looneys, but you are the real looney for not thinking about what they have to say.
User avatar
Feud
level5
level5
Posts: 5149
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:40 pm
Location: Blackacre, VA

Postby Feud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:01 am

As I said, even if you're accusations of thuggery against Bush and Obama are well founded, that doesn't mean that Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il weren't thugs. My list wasn't meant to be all inclusive, so if you want to add names, fine.

But when you fly off the rails in a rant against American leaders in response to the calling of someone else bad, that just makes you sound fanatical. Someone who's so angry that you refuse to see other crimes around you because you are so narrowly focused on a singular source, and respond viscerally to anything that isn't directly pointed at that evil as a marginalization of it. It's not just not seeing the forest from the trees, it's being furious at claims that there are trees in one direction because you're so focused on the single tree in front of you.

You want to think of Bush and Obama as thugs? Fine. I disagree with some of your claims, and I agree with others. I don't agree with everything my leaders do, and I don't think they are all necessarily legal, and that's a fun conversation to have in and of itself. I think that what they have down pales in comparison to the activities of others, Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il included, but feel free to disagree with me.

But guess what: it's a big world out there filled with wrongs and bad people. But when you marginalize your opinions, your scope, and your outlook, those around you will follow your lead and marginalize them as well.
User avatar
ynbniar
level5
level5
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Home again...

Postby ynbniar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 am

Feud wrote:As I said, even if you're accusations of thuggery against Bush and Obama are well founded, that doesn't mean that Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il weren't thugs. My list wasn't meant to be all inclusive, so if you want to add names, fine.


I nominate the Saudi regime.

I wonder when need for oil < perceived level of thuggery :?:
User avatar
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin
Posts: 1783
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:48 am
Location: North of the Wall
Contact:

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:54 am

I hope Iran's President and Castro take nice dirt naps before new years eve, then that would be a good year :)
-Vic
Jordy...
level5
level5
Posts: 2367
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:57 pm

Postby Jordy... » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Kim Jong was horrible leader, and a lot of people died because of him. Qaddafi had his flaws, but I think we overestimate how hated he was amongst his people.

What I'm saying is though, when the most powerful country in the world is being corrupted it's a lot more scarier then when some unimportant country has a fearsome dictator.

And to be clear on my last point, in the last 30 years or so, incomes for the average working class in America have not been increased, if you discount inflation. This is amazing, because there was a growing economy and a lot more wealth was created. So were did all the money go? To the top 1%.
24% of incomes go to top 1%, even more amazing, this trend continues, within the top 1%, 12% goes to the top 0,1% and from there 6% goes to top 0,01%!!!
Researchers were not able to follow the flow of money any further, but suffice to say this is not a healthy, and in fact very dangerous distribution of wealth.

However to get back to my point, because there average income did not raise for 30 years, but we had to keep growing and the people need to be kept happy, lending became very easily. These 1% people did not feel like paying higher salaries, but they were ok with LENDING some money back so the citizens could keep spending and the economy could continue to grow.
This happens for 30 years and then you reach a point were people are so full in debt that they cannot repay there loans and the whole card-house falls on top of itself.
Furthermore, this uneven distribution of wealth is bad for the economy, because the top 1% ,relatively spent, very little on consumer products.
And without people buying consumer products there economy grinds to a halt.

So what you have seen happening is the transfer of money from the masses to the classes, them buying more control, trough companies etc, and artificially keep the economy growing by debt-financing. Which they knew, could not last forever.

So, I understand if you are against higher taxes and a forces equalization of wealth, but then the government should admit that the market economy is failing and should improve upon it to allow more equalized chances for people to become rich.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests