Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:38 pm

NeatNit wrote:http://features.peta.org/mario-kills-tanooki/

Because I know how much you guys love PETA!

PTROA (which happens to be Israel-based but that doesn't matter) is a lot more logical but not very active. https://www.ptroa.co.il/petition/

That makes me want to go out and buy a fur coat.

xander
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 am

Introversion Humble Bundle?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

Honestly, I'd only buy that to give all of the money to Child's Play.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:16 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Honestly, I'd only buy that to give all of the money to Child's Play.

Child's Play are going to be very happy then.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, two very different concerts this week.

Monday I saw Elbow after I missed them at Lowlands this year (their performance coincided with my shift on the festival's night crew). Beforehand I expected the venue (Heineken Music Hall, packs 5500 people) was way too large for the ambient music Elbow makes, but the audience and band did a very good job of creating the right atmosphere. Great setlist, stunning musicianship, and some good jokes by Guy Garvey to fill the gaps. I sang along to every single line at the top of my voice, and afterwards had completely lost my voice for a while. :) The best singing is done as an entire audience, and "Grounds for Divorce" and "One Day Like This" worked like a charm - goosebumps all around. One of the best parts was when the band toasted to their 20th anniversary and poked the audience to sing Happy Birthday; to their surprise we (being Dutch and all) jumped into a vast array of Dutch birthday songs and continued with full force for about 10 minutes. The band was flabbergasted and their techie recorded it all - "we've got to use that sometime" according to Garvey. Absolutely worth it all.

Yesterday a completely different band, The Pretty Reckless. For those of you that haven't heard of it, it's fronted by 18-year-old teen actress Taylor Momsen (of Gossip Girl fame), and she's basically the only teen star-gone-musician that I know of that actually makes good music (and even writes everything by herself). Her legacy does mean the audience is filled with crazy 16-year-old girls that scream your ears off but it's all in good fun. I actually ran into two girls I hung out with at Graspop this year, to everyone's surprise. The performance was short but great nonetheless, with some obvious heart and soul into the music. Perhaps she tries a little too hard to be rock-'n'-roll but it doesn't really matter (the whole 'dragging some girls out of the audience and having them dance on stage in their underwear'-act did have a trying-too-hard sense to it though). Besides, it's not everyday you see Hollywood on stage just a metre in front of you.

I didn't really go to concerts the past year (only some festivals) but I realise now how much fun they are - I'll probably be doing this more often from now on. :)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Feud wrote:All of my steam notifications say that my friends are playing Skyrim. I sense a trend.

7 million copies shipped apparently!

Ok, this time I really don't know who jelco is talking about. :P
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Let me YouTube that for you. ;)

Elbow and The Pretty Reckless. Supporting acts: Howling Bells and Kinkobra respectively.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 pm

My heart goes out to all the people that were sitting next to you..
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Sitting? You sound like an old man. :P

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm not old, I'm merely lazy, besides how can you listen to elbow properly jumping up and down and shouting at the top of your voice..?
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

By being inaudible compared to the blaring noise saturation that is modern music?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:
Feud wrote:All of my steam notifications say that my friends are playing Skyrim. I sense a trend.

I'm holding off until I get completely demented with Dark Souls...prob get Skyrim this weekend then. :wink:
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Jordy... wrote:how can you listen to elbow properly jumping up and down and shouting at the top of your voice..?

There wasn't really a lot of jumping around, but as for singing: I'm a real lyrics guy and tend to sing along with any music I know the lines to simply because I feel much more immersed in the music that way; Elbow's no exception, in fact, it's that kind of music where it's especially more immersing. Exactly because it's not music to jump around to you need that kind of distraction - otherwise you're just standing there listening to music. As for the volume, you need to sing that loud to be able to hear yourself over the music.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 am

ynbniar wrote:
Xarlaxas wrote:

I'm holding off until I get completely demented with Dark Souls...prob get Skyrim this weekend then. :wink:

College work means I'm putting off getting it until my birthday or christmas. And even then that's still probably a bad idea.

On the plus side, I'm getting some pretty awesome grades (which I actually find slightly worrying)
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

jelco wrote:Sitting? You sound like an old man. :P

Jelco

The benefits of accompanying my disabled sister to concerts is that you get to sit down on a raised platform in front of the stage, and half the time the bands take pity and you get some free stuff at the end :D

Return to “Introversion Lounge”