Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 pm

I just wish I was shocked. Instead, it all seems painfully apt for what has been the ongoing car crash of the Ubisoft DRM saga.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeah, that's the thing...it's entirely unsurprising, and just seems like par for the course with Ubisoft these days.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 pm

zjoere wrote:Maybe he just needs a bigger print for those pieces?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2 ... n-control/

The only contraints on what you can print are that the size of the printed object (typically a maximum of 6 inches by 6 inches by 6 inches unless you spend more money on your printer ; the bigger the final object you want, the more you’ll have to spend), the material printed (all of the low end printers can, at present, only print with thermosetting plastics; very high end printers can print with ceramics and metals), and the resolution of the printer (for current low end printers this is typically around 0.1mm).

Guess you are right, new models with higher size capacity will appear making it matter of how much money can you spend on printer. I wonder if there will be any law restrictions to prevent mass gun-printing and what will they look like. Or, materials for such kind of production will be too expesive and there will be no need in such laws ? I would like to have my personal little weapons factory.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

The assembly seems rather difficult. And I'm not really a handy guy so I don't think I'll be running a personal weapons factory any time soon. Besides you'd need a 3D printer that can print steel for the bullets. I don't think plastic bullets would work. It has me wondering if you need any special permits in my country to buy bullets. I know you need one for a gun. I'll have to look into that.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 pm

As law requires, starting tomorrow I will be serving in the IDF. See you in 3 years!
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 pm

I'll miss you NN... Have a good time, and who knows, maybe see you in 3 years!
Cuz fuck logic
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:19 pm

No internet in the IDF? Laaaame.

Good luck!
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:No internet in the IDF? Laaaame.

Good luck!
Probably not, but Ii could be wrong. Either way I'm exaggerating, I'll still be home every now and then - and what better use than to roam the internet aimlessly!

Either way it starts with 6 weeks of the worst most hellish training you can imagine, so for at least those 6 weeks I'll be gone.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Good Luck!
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Have you considered trying to get yourself fired? Just piss in some general his coffee or something like that and you'll be a free man in no time :wink:
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

zjoere wrote:Have you considered trying to get yourself fired? Just piss in some general his coffee or something like that and you'll be a free man in no time :wink:
1. I really do want to do my part
2. It doesn't work that way - 3 years of mandatory service unless there's a medical reason why you can't serve. There's no getting out of it (though a lot of people try and find their way out of it - for example, extremely religious people aren't forced to serve (not for the reasons you might think), and many people get fake/exaggerated medical reports to get out of it, or even just to reduce their profile (a number indicating your physical health) so they wouldn't be assigned a fighting role. But even if I wanted to, it's too late for that now.

The only thing I want to get out from the the specific role I was given. Not because I don't want to do it, but because I don't think I'd be good at it.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:50 pm

How about you just let trough one of these lunatic suicide-bombers and you'll get relieved in no time when they find out ;). Also, I saw this most wonderful film fragment the other day on TV which is very appropriate to see in your case, let me look up the title..
Cuz fuck logic
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:35 pm

NeatNit wrote:
zjoere wrote:Have you considered trying to get yourself fired? Just piss in some general his coffee or something like that and you'll be a free man in no time :wink:
1. I really do want to do my part
2. It doesn't work that way - 3 years of mandatory service unless there's a medical reason why you can't serve. There's no getting out of it (though a lot of people try and find their way out of it - for example, extremely religious people aren't forced to serve (not for the reasons you might think), and many people get fake/exaggerated medical reports to get out of it, or even just to reduce their profile (a number indicating your physical health) so they wouldn't be assigned a fighting role. But even if I wanted to, it's too late for that now.

The only thing I want to get out from the the specific role I was given. Not because I don't want to do it, but because I don't think I'd be good at it.

oh yeah I had forgotten about point 1. The second point reminds me of the father of one of my mates who needed 2 years to complete his 1 year of mandatory service since they didn't count the time you spend in military prison :lol: No idea what kind of sanctions they have for small acts of disobedience in the Israelite army though?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

That's how my grandfather got out of WWII. He punched out a superior officer. On the bright side, he got a medical discharge, rather than a court marshal.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Why did he punch him? And why did they leave him off the hook?
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”