Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 pm

It's so close...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 pm

So I was working this afternoon when I heard a strange noise, which turned out to be my desktop shutting down rather suddenly (I was working on my dad's laptop since that's the one with the licensed software on it). Power outages are pretty rare around here, I can only remember a handful of other times it's happened in the last ten years or so, so it seemed pretty strange but I didn't think much about it. Then, about two minutes later, I heard helicopters and police sirens. Lots of them... Hmmmmm

Turns out there was a bit of a car accident about two blocks away. More specifically, someone decided to go lumberjack with their Dodge Caliber:

Not sure if anyone was hurt, but the car doesn't look good. Took a couple hours for power to be restored, luckily it's not hot out yet.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 am

@Ace: There are two problems with your suggestion. [snipped due to being irrelavent]

EDIT: Turns out that its not actually a space but some other space-like character that is left over from removing the hyperlink formatting. Got it working now.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:59 am

Point and Counter point.

Yeah it's odd, I have never seen a comprehensive theory of how fucking magnets work. It's curious that so much research and application has been done with the regular type, yet there hasn't even been a single good conjecture about the nature about the expletive preceded magnets.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:55 am

So I was reading the FCC's budget (it's the American agency that has oversight over communications, for all you non-US folks) and apparently they have 76 "Mobile Digital Direction Finding vehicles". Apparently they are "a sport utility vehicle (SUV) equipped with a computerized spectrum analysis system that includes antennas, a receiver, display screens and controls" that are used to track down people causing problems on police, Coast Guard, Border Patrol, and various other emergency/official bands.

Those sound really cool...
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

vanarbulax wrote:Point and Counter point.

Yeah it's odd, I have never seen a comprehensive theory of how fucking magnets work. It's curious that so much research and application has been done with the regular type, yet there hasn't even been a single good conjecture about the nature about the expletive preceded magnets.

Science for Juggalos.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:24 pm

elexis wrote:@Ace: There are two problems with your suggestion. [snipped due to being irrelavent]

EDIT: Turns out that its not actually a space but some other space-like character that is left over from removing the hyperlink formatting. Got it working now.

So, what was the solution you went with?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm

This just in, the UN hates America.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 pm

:lol: Not biased at all, that piece of "journalism".
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:24 pm

I preformatted the entire sheet as text then at the end copy-pasted that mystery character into find and replace.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sat May 01, 2010 2:43 am

Sounds like a job for a macro.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sat May 01, 2010 5:12 am

probably, but this solution only takes a couple of seconds per sheet and its a lot easier to explain to the next person down-the-line over the phone.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Sat May 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Feud wrote:This just in, the UN hates America.

The UN doesn't hate America, but some forces within the UN push for anti-gun ownership legislation -- in America, too. That is the difference between biased news reports ("Rebecca Peters is like a live hand grenade with the pin almost out; she is an extremely dangerous person", after which the voice-over continues with "Dangerous, not only because what she's done..") and objective facts.

Try to use those less-biased arguments more.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat May 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Saw agora last week and have to say it was a good movie. Not always historically accurate if imdb is to be believed but entertaining none the less.
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat May 01, 2010 8:07 pm

MaximusBrood wrote:The UN doesn't hate America, but some forces within the UN push for anti-gun ownership legislation -- in America, too. That is the difference between biased news reports ("Rebecca Peters is like a live hand grenade with the pin almost out; she is an extremely dangerous person", after which the voice-over continues with "Dangerous, not only because what she's done..") and objective facts.

Try to use those less-biased arguments more.

No, I'm pretty sure the UN hates America.

They want our guns, likely so we can't fight back when they take our jerbs.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”