Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 pm

You don't wanna know one of my last dreams, it was pretty sick, that's why I'm going to tell it..:

I was at the dentist and he wanted to give me a tranquilizer but I said, if you can do without it I prefer that, he looked funny at me with a misunderstanding smile (I did not know then, yet, what he was up to, I thought I was just there to fix some holes in my teeth) and then he suddenly launched the tranquilizer needle into my mouth, where it came into collision with the tip of my tongue.

Then, he began sawing into my skull with a saw and I understood why he wanted to tranquilize me and why he thought my question was funny, like if I thought I could bear trough this without it...

When he came to the bone of my head, it gave a really weird feeling, my head was vibrating in a weird way and I could hear the noise it made. He sawed a little more and I listened a little more, then came the moment I thought I could not bear this any longer and thus I wanted to hold up my hand, indicating that this was too much for me to handle. However, I thought to myself, just bite trough this, it has to be done, so I sat there, grinding my teeth.
When my skull came off, I think he did something with my brain, but I'm not sure what it was.

When I woke up, I was kind of scared, I thought perhaps maybe somebody wanted to do this to me, I still have that feeling a bit.
However, I try to put things in perspective for myself and perhaps this is something that already happened to me, since sometimes I seem to lack some parts of a human brain...
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Jordy... wrote:When I woke up, I was kind of scared, I thought perhaps maybe somebody wanted to do this to me, I still have that feeling a bit.
However, I try to put things in perspective for myself and perhaps this is something that already happened to me, since sometimes I seem to lack some parts of a human brain...

I'm sure you're reliving a memory, not dreaming in that scenario. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 pm

xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:51 am

Well it's official. Lucy can run Crysis with everything set to "Very High" with very little trouble (in her monitor's native resolution of 1440x900). Looks like I'll be upgrading the monitor(s) before I'll have any need to upgrade the graphics card.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 pm

The EDIT button was broken?...
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Jelco has special triple-post privileges. But he has to be careful. He signed a contract that says if he quadruple posts, we're legally allowed to take his life and VJ kit.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 pm

He came close then...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Anyone but you yea....
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm

I thought we were talking about Jelco, not you Jordy. :P
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Arg, my computer (which I've kept on a feeder tube despite its multiple suicide attempts) seems to have developed a chronic freezing problem (rarely can make it through a startup, usually freezing about 10-15 second from when the power button is pushed). This might have something to do with a medium sized fan that popped off the motherboard a few days ago, and which I've been unable to re-attach (or perhaps related to its decision a week ago to start recognizing only 1/3 of my RAM...).

So, I think I'll have to really get serious this time about replacing, rather than just band-aiding, it. I got six years of heavy use out of it, so I guess I can't complain much. And I was intending on getting something newer for law school anyway (probably a laptop). But the timing is just so inconvenient, wish it would have made it another month or so when my finances will be a bit more loose.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 am

Feud wrote:This might have something to do with a medium sized fan that popped off the motherboard a few days ago
A fan, on the motherboard? Would that be a CPU fan you're referring to? A computer cannot survive without a CPU fan; it would overheat. Stalling within seconds of trying to boot may be a good indication of a severe overheating problem.
Last edited by xyzyxx on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 am

Unless its the bridge he is talking about, which is probably just as bad.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:30 am

xyzyxx wrote:
Feud wrote:This might have something to do with a medium sized fan that popped off the motherboard a few days ago
A fan, on the motherboard? Would that be a CPU fan you're referring to? A computer cannot survive without a CPU fan; it would overheat. Stalling within seconds of trying to boot may be a good indication of a severe overheating problem.

No, it's a smaller fan (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch square):

The cpu goes on the left where the white square is, the fan that broke off is the one between the RAM and PCI slots.
Last edited by Feud on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 am

Yeah thats the north bridge, basically every bit of data going to/from your cpu goes through that.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 am

elexis wrote:Yeah thats the north bridge, basically every bit of data going to/from your cpu goes through that.

Ah, so that's one of those things that I need then. :(

(I can build computers alright, but the technical aspects of hardware is not my forte.)

Return to “Introversion Lounge”