Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Oh bisquits, the Steam Summer Sale just dropped...

Law school start in one month, that's enough time to play a dozen video games, right?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 am

I just saw Brave today. The animation was fantastic (fantastic enough to mention it, compared to today's animations. Yeah), and the concept was awesome and very well executed.

The plot however was okay at best, some of the plot points were laughably unrealistic. Copy and paste this sentence[size=0] *** When she bought the potion from the witch, she should have realized right then and there how stupid that was and how it would totally backfire. When she and her mom were back there, after she received the message, she just started pouring the bottles into the pot for no reason. There is no justifying this, they were just unrealistic decisions. ***[/size] for more specifics with spoilers.

Everything is Scottish. It is then, by definition, awesome. Also some great humor. :)

All in all, well worth a watch. Don't miss this one.
Oh, and stay during the credits.
Last edited by NeatNit on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 am

NeatNit wrote:I just saw Brave today. The animation was fantastic (fantastic enough to mention it, compared to today's animations. Yeah.), the concept points were awesome, and the scottish, uh, everything was fun. The humor was good and it had some great laughs.

The plot however was meh at best.

Worth a watch.

I was just happy to see a (strong, independent) female protagonist in a Pixar (Disney) movie. And, to be fair, the plots of Pixar films have never been the strongest aspect of said films. The characters and their interaction is the real draw (that, and the fantastic animation).

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 am

xander wrote:
NeatNit wrote:quote
I was sure I didn't post that yet :P
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:46 am

NeatNit wrote:
xander wrote:
NeatNit wrote:quote
I was sure I didn't post that yet :P

And yet there it is for all posterity.

xander
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Still not out for general release here in Scotland yet. . . . It was shown at the film festival but sold out super fast.

My mother and a bunch of Canadian Gaelic speakers she knows have been complaining loudly that the voice actors for the movie are all from the Lowlands, when they should be from the Highlands, or at least using Highland accents, which are different.

I'm of the opinion that at least Hollywood has discovered that you can get Scottish actors for Scottish roles, so that's a step in the right direction. . . .
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:Still not out for general release here in Scotland yet. . . . It was shown at the film festival but sold out super fast.

My mother and a bunch of Canadian Gaelic speakers she knows have been complaining loudly that the voice actors for the movie are all from the Lowlands, when they should be from the Highlands, or at least using Highland accents, which are different.

I'm of the opinion that at least Hollywood has discovered that you can get Scottish actors for Scottish roles, so that's a step in the right direction. . . .

Hold up a minute! Do you mean to imply that there is something beyond the borders of the United States!? My map only shows some indistinct brown blobs! Nothing could survive there!

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm

xander wrote:
Xarlaxas wrote:Still not out for general release here in Scotland yet. . . . It was shown at the film festival but sold out super fast.

Hold up a minute! Do you mean to imply that there is something beyond the borders of the United States!? My map only shows some indistinct brown blobs! Nothing could survive there!

xander

+1
Cuz fuck logic
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:23 pm

xander wrote:

xander
the dragons got internet ages ago. Didn't you hear?
BGP
level2
level2

Postby BGP » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I need source code
keyID = 436060 apollo13@lavabit.com
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Xocrates wrote:
xander wrote:

xander
the dragons got internet ages ago. Didn't you hear?

Crap. We're all doomed! DOOMED!

xander

EDIT:
BGP wrote:I need source code

Asked and answered, BGP. Stop trolling.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Swimming this morning, shooting this afternoon. Good way to spend a Saturday.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Sounds like a lot of work to me for a Saturday...
Cuz fuck logic
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Jordy... wrote:Sounds like a lot of work to me for a Saturday...

It's not work if you enjoy it. Movie that night as well, though the movie was kinda bad.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Yea.. I really miss doing active stuff..
Cuz fuck logic

Return to “Introversion Lounge”