Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:29 am

Jordy... wrote:I've a coalition btw, so if you play you can join, however, we're kinda asses when it comes to it.. but if you're ok with that.. WELCOME!

Yeah, after two games I found I had to be an ass to people in order to get them to stop doing stupid things. Decided it was best I stopped playing because the frustration and repeating myself would have only lead to me trolling from one game to the next.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:35 am

Yea, I guess it might become quickly repetitive if people start following commonly accepted rules and build orders..

But that's why I'm planning an evil master plan!! :twisted: Basically I'll steal all copper pipes and threaten the town with total hydration if they do not follow my orders!!!
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:52 am

Jordy... wrote:But that's why I'm planning an evil master plan!! :twisted: Basically I'll steal all copper pipes and threaten the town with total hydration if they do not follow my orders!!!

Heh, I did precisely that in my 2nd game. :twisted:
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.

Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Hahaha, I'm sure it was fun?!But this time it will be much more genious, not only was I dumb enough to buy HERO time, which will grant me the manipulation ability, I also an entire coalition behind me to hide them.

At first I was thinking of trying to put them into a dilemma, i.e., shun 10 random people or your town will die, but now I'm thinking more along the lines that I will let my own coalition members be shunned together with some other people and then let them create a revolt, so that they basically get total power over the town! :lol: :twisted:

Hero abilities are actually quite fun, you also have a skill where you can write a message to all people at once, which seems kinda lame, but now that I use it as mass propaganda it's great!
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 pm

xander wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Don't make me come over there with your past, present and future, old man.

My family is Jewish. I live in a city where the phrase "Happy Holidays" is considered an insult. The community in which I live wants me to believe that I am somehow deficient because I do not celebrate Christmas. So, again, bah humbug. I have an intense dislike for this holiday.

xander

Imagine the reaction you'd get if you had three small kids and told people you don't celebrate Christmas when they ask (the kids) "and what is/did Santa bring you this year?" with a cheery smile on thier face. :P

Note: This post consists of 83.25% proprietary blend of "Let's go.........RANDOM!" Jordy... detox content. This post processed by resources that may have traces of a variety of nut, fruit, grain or dairy products.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
xander wrote:
Mas Tnega wrote:Don't make me come over there with your past, present and future, old man.

My family is Jewish. I live in a city where the phrase "Happy Holidays" is considered an insult. The community in which I live wants me to believe that I am somehow deficient because I do not celebrate Christmas. So, again, bah humbug. I have an intense dislike for this holiday.

xander

Imagine the reaction you'd get if you had three small kids and told people you don't celebrate Christmas when they ask (the kids) "and what is/did Santa bring you this year?" with a cheery smile on thier face. :P

I had to go in and sign a signature card at the bank yesterday. The guy that manages our accounts (who is probably about 20, and wears poorly tailored suits that make him look about 12) asked what I got for Christmas. When I said "Nothing," the man gave me a look of pity. When he asked why and I responded that we don't celebrate Christmas, he looked utterly heartbroken.

As to imagining the reaction that any kids might have, they will learn how to respond, as I did when I was a kid. As a child, when I told adults that we didn't celebrate Christmas, that usually shut them up pretty quickly.

xander
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 pm

I can tell you from experience that banks do not pay very well (I was a teller for a couple of years), so I'm sure he can't afford to have his suits altered (or buy decent quality at that), and probably doesn't know anything about tailored clothes anyway.

Our kids are prepared to answer, at least when they're not in that "I'm too shy to speak at the moment, please leave a message at the slight upward glance" mode, so they don't have any problem. :P
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:49 pm

It is Christmas yayayayayq! Anyone here celebrates christmas as a barbarian ritual? Basically the Celts among other tribal nations among the year zero or so, I think, thought that the light comes into the dark on earth, a connection from the cosmos with the earth, the earth breathing in cosmic energy. December 21 is the day that there is the least sunlight on the northern hemisphere. So Christmas symbolizes light coming to earth for some people.

Anyone has heard of this and celebrates it with this intention?
mibias
level5
level5

Postby mibias » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:22 am

My reasons for celebrating christmas?

1. It's a good excuse to get together with family and eat a lot of unhealthy food.
2. Presents are nice.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:24 am

Jordy... wrote:It is Christmas yayayayayq! Anyone here celebrates christmas as a barbarian ritual? Basically the Celts among other tribal nations among the year zero or so, I think, thought that the light comes into the dark on earth, a connection from the cosmos with the earth, the earth breathing in cosmic energy. December 21 is the day that there is the least sunlight on the northern hemisphere. So Christmas symbolizes light coming to earth for some people.

Anyone has heard of this and celebrates it with this intention?

There is pretty good evidence that solstice celebrations were co-opted by early Christians to create the holiday of Christmas. Most cultures, especially in high latitudes, celebrate the solstice (the shortest day of the year). As Christianity spread, the adopted many pagan traditions in an effort to get converts (Easter has a similar story).

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:42 am

Yea, I've heard the same story, personally I like the pagan tradition and explanation better. The American tradition, in my eyes has stray far from the source, although coming together with family and friends enjoying your time is of course never a bad thing. Though I wish it could happen more often then just these holidays decided by a ....my lack in english vocabulary, prevents me from expressing what I think of the church..
harold32001
level0

Postby harold32001 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:29 am

{Eek, Greek spam!}
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 am

Reported.

In other news, should I buy two 500GB HDDs and RAID 0 'em, or should I buy one 1TB HDD?
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 am

microchip08 wrote:Reported.

In other news, should I buy two 500GB HDDs and RAID 0 'em, or should I buy one 1TB HDD?

1TB as a single drive. When you RAID 0 things, you reduce the MTBF of the array by the number of drives in it. So it's safer just to have a single 1TB HD.

NeoThermic
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 pm

My last dream was to shot an unknown woman in the mouth.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”