Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
xander
level5
level5

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:07 pm

So it seems that I am going to be at University of Warwick three weeks from today in order to present some of my research. Assuming I have some free time, what should I do while in the UK?

xander
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:04 pm

xander wrote:So it seems that I am going to be at University of Warwick three weeks from today in order to present some of my research. Assuming I have some free time, what should I do while in the UK?

xander

I can't recommend enough you visit the thirty minute Prime Minister's Questions session in the House of Commons on a Wednesday. The leader of the opposition asks a series of questions of the PM, and a few MPs (of all parties) also get to ask one. Shenanigans ensue and it's not only a fascinating insight into the British government but also great political comedy. Only British consituents can request tickets but foreigners and those without them can wait at the doors for any spare places. Really good.

Colytic
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:56 am

xander wrote:what should I do while in the UK?

Visit the Channel Tunnel?
While this is a joke, it's still an impressive tunnel. Thinking about the outcome, wondering whats outside while you are inside and so on.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:50 am

This is for xander:

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:02 pm

trickser wrote:
xander wrote:what should I do while in the UK?

Visit the Channel Tunnel?
While this is a joke, it's still an impressive tunnel. Thinking about the outcome, wondering whats outside while you are inside and so on.

Unfortunately, I will be in Warwick, and likely won't be going too far from there. It looks like much of my time will be spent at work rather than at play. Still, I'm excited.

xander
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

xander wrote:Unfortunately, I will be in Warwick, and likely won't be going too far from there. It looks like much of my time will be spent at work rather than at play. Still, I'm excited.

I feel my efforts to help were so rewarded :(
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Colytic wrote:
xander wrote:Unfortunately, I will be in Warwick, and likely won't be going too far from there. It looks like much of my time will be spent at work rather than at play. Still, I'm excited.

I feel my efforts to help were so rewarded :(

I appreciate the advice, but probably won't be in London at all.

In other news: yet another reason why mathematicians are better than Jesus. We can turn a soft drink into alcohol. Simply pour a can of root beer into a square cup.

xander
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Prison architect baseball scripted in lua.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 pm

xander wrote:We can turn a soft drink into alcohol. Simply pour a can of root beer into a square cup.

I had to think about that for half a minute. I blame your typo!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:
xander wrote:We can turn a soft drink into alcohol. Simply pour a can of root beer into a square cup.

I had to think about that for half a minute. I blame your typo!

I don't know what you are talking about.

xander
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Jackdapantyrip wrote:Prison architect baseball scripted in lua.

Tell more!

I love that.

Colytic
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Link is once again appointed by destiny to be the hero, but makes every attempt to resist it. Because he's a pragmatic and realistic kind of bloke who would prefer to look after his own affairs and let the kingdom sort itself out. A man continually baffled by the way neighbors and complete strangers alike continually ask him for favors they would have no reason to think he would be qualified to carry out. And who doesn't particularly like the princess much because she seems to have a rather generic personality.

Sooner or later the Gods of Destiny or whoever would get ticked off and burn his farm down to get him going on the Hero's Journey. But that would make him only more determined to stay, because now there's all kinds of work to be done to get the farm back on its feet. Finally, in exasperation, he's magically dressed in full hero gear and transported to a field where an equally perplexed Ganondorf is waiting.

Only they don't fight, but instead talk, and realize that their problems are not each other, but whoever this God person is who keeps destining them to fight, generation after bloody generation. Together they fight their way through the mystical outlying territories, where they find the final answer to the Zelda conundrum: an empty throne. For there was no God behind this, no grand controlling intelligence: just the eternal, unstoppable force of the status quo. And with that realization, everyone starts dancing to Rockin' All Over The World as the credits roll.

Leaked plot for next Zelda game.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Paid $30 for COD: Ghosts, cannot launch. Probability of refund is minimal. I want someone to eat a sack of shit, but I'm not sure whom to blame. Guess myself for bad bying judgement.
RGeezy911
level5
level5

Postby RGeezy911 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 am

Laika_rus wrote:Paid $30 for COD: Ghosts... ... ...

Why has this happened...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm

FACEBOOK IS THE DEBIL! STAB! STAB! STABBITY STAB STAB STAB!

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”