Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1505
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby Laika » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Knowledge is worthless without ability, the AI can be imperfect in so many ways. As to original question - definition of person is vague, and people develop affection to things much less responsive and weaker than all-knowing AI, so why not. Imo it boils down to how useful the AI can be, both in materialistic and more exquisite ways.
tntiscool54
level1
level1
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby tntiscool54 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:16 am

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:






:D
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1505
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby Laika » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Started watching Doctor Who with Eccleston, great serial.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Laika_rus wrote:Started watching Doctor Who with Eccleston, great serial.

Tom Baker for life!

xander
JASPer.Gamer.9.0
level3
level3
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:29 am

Alpha 14 is out on the DevWiki!

Postby JASPer.Gamer.9.0 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 am

Alpha 14 is out on the DevWiki!!!
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Alpha 14 is out on the DevWiki!

Postby xander » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:19 am

JASPer.Gamer.9.0 wrote:Alpha 14 is out on the DevWiki!!!

Please stop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAnVNXaa5oA

xander
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Q: How many disks fit in a PS3's slot-in drive?
A: 4.

Brought to you by the department of questions you never wanted to know the answers to but congratulations, you have a two year old kid now.
The PS3 is fine after a bit of dismantling and reassembly.
The kid, too, of course.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:13 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Q: How many disks fit in a PS3's slot-in drive?
A: 4.

Brought to you by the department of questions you never wanted to know the answers to but congratulations, you have a two year old kid now.
The PS3 is fine after a bit of dismantling and reassembly.
The kid, too, of course.

Our two year old is separated from the PS3 by a baby gate which she cannot, thankfully, open yet. I have no doubt that she would do bad things if she had access.

xander
User avatar
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5
Posts: 4795
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 pm
Location: Cologne
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:58 am

We subscribe to the philosophy that such physical restrictions are only to be used to protect the child from harm, not protect our property. Whether that works out depends on the child, of course. Ours is rather cautious, so far, we have been fine. She even mostly skipped the oral phase. She focuses her malice in other areas. Brat. Working on it!

We did have the electronics stuff blocked off (also from view) in our old flat, but largely because it was set up without babies in mind.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:We subscribe to the philosophy that such physical restrictions are only to be used to protect the child from harm, not protect our property. Whether that works out depends on the child, of course. Ours is rather cautious, so far, we have been fine. She even mostly skipped the oral phase. She focuses her malice in other areas. Brat. Working on it!

We did have the electronics stuff blocked off (also from view) in our old flat, but largely because it was set up without babies in mind.

Heh. In our house, the gates are largely to keep the animals (a 130 pound (about 60 kg or 9.2 stone for those that use funny units) dog and a cat) out of certain areas of the house. That they set limits on the toddler is an added bonus.

xander
User avatar
NeatNit
level5
level5
Posts: 2929
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Israel
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby NeatNit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:21 pm

xander wrote:130 pound (about 60 kg or 9.2 stone for those that use funny units)

Did you just indirectly call the metric system "funny units"?

*INITIATE FLAME WAR*
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1505
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby Laika » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm

I think he did the opposite.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:36 pm

NeatNit wrote:
xander wrote:130 pound (about 60 kg or 9.2 stone for those that use funny units)

Did you just indirectly call the metric system "funny units"?

*INITIATE FLAME WAR*

I was intentionally ambiguous. A charitable reading is that I called stone funny units. ;)

xander
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby jelco » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 am

Holy crap, those kids are two years old already? Time sure flies!

Jelco
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: Let's go.........RANDOM!

Postby xander » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:56 pm

jelco wrote:Holy crap, those kids are two years old already? Time sure flies!

Jelco

She will be two in a couple of weeks. We are going to have pumpkin pie and homemade ice cream.

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests