Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm

What's the consequence of a red card?
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

You have to stop playing and get supsended for some time (I'm not sure how long).
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

I believe the suspension - if one is applied - tends to be decided by some ruling body based on how serious the offense was?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Feud wrote:What's the consequence of a red card?

As well as having to leave the game for whatever time is left, leaving your team 1 man short, usually there is an automatic 1 further game suspension in the same competition.

As Xocrates says though, the suspension can be increased based on the nature of the offence. Usually this will happen if the red carded player exhibits dissent towards the officials or if the original offense was particularly unsporting or nasty e.g. racial slurs, spitting, headbutt.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Ah, so is it rare in soccer and that's why it's such a big deal?
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Feud wrote:Ah, so is it rare in soccer and that's why it's such a big deal?

No, red cards are commonplace, this particular red card is such a big deal because Madrid took full advantage of having an extra player and came from a goal down to win, eliminating Manchester from the tournament.

The refs decision is being seen as key in determining the outcome of the match, with many, though not all commentators, saying he made a blunder.

The result of going out is the loss of several million pounds as well as the sporting loss, Manchester would expect to have gone further in this tournament.

Soccer coaches rarely blame themselves or their players, the ref usually takes most of the blame for a vital loss such as this.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:51 pm

See im a huge Real Madrid fan so i may be a little biased, but under the UEFA rules "intent" doesn't really matter when it comes to a challenge such as that. If one players challenge is directly harming another player, it warrants a red card. Yes, Nani was trying to get the air ball, but studs up into someones chest is just unacceptable.... The Man Utd fans are blaming the ref for the Loss, but really they should be blaming Nani he should have known better...especially with this particular ref on the field. A little background on the main ref is he is known to hand out Red Cards...especially to English teams. Yes, the Red Card changed the momentum of the game....but Man Utd could still have stopped Madrid from scoring those 2 goals. And the one goal United did score was a OG( own goal) from a Madrid player. Chelsey played Barca before for 80 Mins because John Terry got a red card in like the 10th minute, and with 10 men against barca...Chelsey still did great. So United fans shouldn't have any excuses...especially since Refs such as Howard Webb help out United a lot to be honest lol.
-Vic
Captain Jean-Luc Picard
level1
level1

Postby Captain Jean-Luc Picard » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm

sup
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm

How's the spider tournament?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Anybody know where a list might be kept of major political leadership positions? Trying to see all the differnt ones in one spot (e.g. Cuba, Venezuela, N. Korea).
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Depends on what you're classifying as "major political leadership."

If you're looking at an international list, and trying to nail it down to one or two names a country, then what you're looking for are the Heads of Government and the Heads of State.

Those aren't always the same thing. In the US, the President is both. In the UK, the PM is head of government and the monarch is the head of state. That doesn't necessarily tell you everything though, since arguably the Speaker of the House in the US exerts more political influence than some heads of state or government in other countries, but that's a comparison that gets tricky and messy real quick.

For a broad start, you can always try wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu ... government
Captain Jean-Luc Picard
level1
level1

Postby Captain Jean-Luc Picard » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm

They didn't start a fight - needed some time to become hungry and I wanted them dead, quickly. Found a spider nest in yard, burned it. I think it would be more fun if spiders could scream. Smashed survivors. As to those I've caught before - I've released them into yard after piercing with a straw splinter, with latter staying in place. It looked as funny as it sounds. I am a bad person.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Captain Jean-Luc Picard wrote:They didn't start a fight - needed some time to become hungry and I wanted them dead, quickly. Found a spider nest in yard, burned it. I think it would be more fun if spiders could scream. Smashed survivors. As to those I've caught before - I've released them into yard after piercing with a straw splinter, with latter staying in place. It looked as funny as it sounds. I am a bad person.

I completely imagined every word you said coming from the mouth of your profile pic with that eyebrow expression. If only that had been Spock.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Coming out of Janeway's mouth, it just sounds normal.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”