Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Are you kidding? 20 is hardly even worth the effort to connect to the wifi network.

:P
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Hooray for quick editing... And hooray for catching you doing it :twisted:

Ok, I'm bored.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:01 pm

I figured that the 2nd version might help you get the joke a bit better. But, if the first one works, so be it. :wink:
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:05 pm

"Faster than 92% of the US" is slow, is it?

</completely missing the point (probably)>
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 pm

As is tradition on Ascension Day, we had the Green Vibrations festival yesterday on campus. Although it started as a couple of houses setting up a party together once, it's grown into a pretty big festival and yesterday's 10th edition was officially acknowledged and sponsored by the university (and was also moved to a central spot on the campus instead of the old cramped location in-between several houses. The name comes from the houses that set it up (that particular area has houses in green, red and blue categories) but also refers to the fact that some of the Netherlands' infamous green produce is used quite a lot, so it's gained something of a hippie/stoner reputation. Personally I don't smoke and don't drink that much, but even without all that it's a great atmosphere and great fun. :)

The music played there varied wildly (ranging from ska through dubstep to metal) so I'm not going to name all the good stuff that came along, but one stage had a closing act that completely took all of us by surprise: Disasteradio. The music is best described as synthpop that sounds an awful lot like the synthesizer soundtracks that littered Hollywood in the 80s, and such incredibly happy music is great as an end to a day full of intoxicated outdoor partying; the best part however is that the guy playing the instruments (an array of synths, sequencers and a vocoder) went all-out. With the looks of a random stereotypical internet-addict he jumped all over the stage and was obviously having the time of his life while all alone on-stage and only about 30 audience members were left (the rest having wandered off to other stages). It had a big 'just wrong'-feel to it, but the self-satire made the act all the more awesome, and although the audience was incredibly small we jumped around like there was no tomorrow. At the end he sent several people into the audience selling his CDs and you can bet every single person bought one, not in the last place because the price was "however much change you got".

It may not sound as great to you as I'm describing here without knowing what his performance looked like so here's an example of one of his videos which actually comes pretty close:

Jelco
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Election day. The result will probably determine whether we're "merely" fucked or really fucked.

EDIT: Well, in theory we should be "merely" fucked, so yay!

It's kind of interesting to note however, that looking at the results, and especially when compared to the poll results in previous weeks, that it seems like it's not so much that people like the party that won but that people really REALLY do not want our old prime minister back.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:12 am

With pretty much the entire American TV season behind us I figured there wouldn't be a lot of bizarre cliffhangers/twists/other story constructs left to blow one's mind, but that idea was eliminated when we watched the latest Doctor Who tonight. There has been quite some competition in the last few months as far as storywriting is concerned, and the buildup of this particular Doctor Who series definitely showed that there was something coming, but this mid-season finale truly knocked my socks off. Interestingly I'm not even a full-time viewer and only catch an episode when I find myself in a room with the house's dedicated fans, so my reaction didn't even compare to theirs; one of them literally fell off his chair.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Do you belive Iran will go nuclear?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:14 pm

It's all bull
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Do you belive Iran will go nuclear?

Iran's nuclear capability is becoming like cold fusion, always just a few years away.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Perhaps, however the second article I linked to is claiming 8 weeks. That's hardly years. :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Perhaps, however the second article I linked to is claiming 8 weeks. That's hardly years. :wink:

Yes but it's the Daily Mail which is a bit of a joke over here...when you first read the headline you think it's the UN who are claiming Iran can make a nuke in 2 months when in fact it's some quasi non-govt group RAND who are making the claim.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:26 pm

The Daily Mail said something? They're about as believable as Fox News. :P
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 am

Daily Mail, Fox News, Herald Sun (news.com.au)... a global conspiracy run by some really dumb rich kids?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

elexis wrote:Daily Mail, Fox News, Herald Sun (news.com.au)... a global conspiracy run by some really dumb rich kids?
No, a global conspiracy run by some exceptionally clever rich old men...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”