Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 pm

I'll be seeing Tron but not in icky 3D!
microchip08
level5
level5

Postby microchip08 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Scott Pilgrim would probably suit 3D well, what with all the graphic novel "pow!"'s flying out at you.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Xocrates wrote:Tron Legacy doesn't open around until january :(
Waaaaah! You're right!
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:10 pm

bert and xoc: Just come and visit me this Christmas! :P
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

Does anyone know how in Java I can check whether the shift key is pressed from within an ActionEventListener inner class for a button? Google doesn’t seem to be helping
tabasco boy
level5
level5

Postby tabasco boy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:01 am

elexis wrote:Does anyone know how in Java I can check whether the shift key is pressed from within an ActionEventListener inner class for a button? Google doesn’t seem to be helping

isn't it something like:

public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
// Handle the keys
switch (e.getKeyCode()) {

case VK_SHIFT:
System.out.printIn(" The Shift key was pressed." );
break;
}
}

don't hold me on it as i'm kinda rusty now.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 am

What I want to do is make the button do something different when the shift key is pressed when you click it. Currently I am using a MouseEventListener which allows me to to pretty much what tabasco boy said on MouseClick but ive noticed that you sometimes need to Click/Shift-Click the button several times before anything happens. I am assuming this is because im not using the preferable ActionEventListener to check if the button is being used. The problem is i cant find any way to check if the key (shift is a modifier key) is down or not without using the MouseEvent of KeyEvent listeners. I *could* put a Key listener in EVERY focusable object in the gui which checks this but thats horrible inefficient.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:30 am

Xocrates wrote:Considering whether to go see Scott Pilgrim which opens tomorrow.

Watch it, Scott pilgrim is an awesome film!
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:
Xocrates wrote:Tron Legacy doesn't open around until january :(
Waaaaah! You're right!

What? The movie theaters around here say Dec 17th. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Come on England, you guys still haven't tossed that Wikileaks guy off the Tower Bridge? What's the hold up?
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Feud wrote:Come on England, you guys still haven't tossed that Wikileaks guy off the Tower Bridge? What's the hold up?

They're probably afraid of creating a bloody mess.

On a side-note I think the world is hugely overestimating the impact of this whole deal and I predict we will all have forgotten about this in a month, when Assange is probably back in Sweden with his may-or-may-not-have-been rape victims to laugh off this whole matter.

Jelco

PS: Pun intended.
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Hackers are trying to Mess Up PayPal today Oh noes!
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Vicious wrote:Hackers are trying to Mess Up PayPal today Oh noes!

Didn't start today.
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Yay! Let's rock it!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Yesterday someone actually had the nerve to come into SNT's IRC channel asking if we were alright with him DDoSsing Mastercard.com. (Just to be clear, SNT is the association that basically handles the entire customer-side of our campus network including abuse, the hardware maintenance is mostly Uni-operated.) It's seriously getting ridiculous.

Personally I find the whole "woop let's DDoS lotsa big companies because we can pretend to have a valid reason for it" thing quite pathetic. The rest of the world wakes up and starts questioning the stability of the internet resulting in wildly inaccurate explanations popping up in every single TV show and news broadcast we know and stupid urban legends thrown into the world. Meanwhile from a political point of view this could just as easily have happened by sending all that material to the press and it would've spread equally fast. Other than that I of course think the US (and to a lesser extent, other governments) are way too eager to label Assange as a scapegoat because they obviously have holes in their system that need to be plugged, but at the same time I understand the reaction and do believe that releasing this on the internet is a bad move, rightfully labelled a criminal act by law. Comparatively the focus would much more be on the leaks themselves than the releasing parties had this been sent purely to the press. While still illegal because it still concerns the release of classified documents to the public, it's a lot better for containment and damage control.

Interestingly most of the Mastercard DDoS appears to have come from the Netherlands, particularly the datacentre I have a server located (or, including the one I share with Max, 2 at the moment). Same one that hosts Wikimedia Europe and recently saw the dismantling of the Bredolab core CC servers. So yay, more police paying my servers a visit. :)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams

Return to “Introversion Lounge”