Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 am

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHH!

Don't give away iPhone Gen5 secrets!
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:52 am

Yay, it's the 4th of July!

Even though this happened in April of 1775, I still think it appropriate for July 4th. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhdmDDBjco0
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:34 pm

zjoere wrote:I didn't get a ps3 but I did get some 2nd hand ps2 games: gran turismo 4 and silent hill 2. Should keep me entertained for a much smaller price.

gt4 didn't work. Luckily I can return within 7 days.
This is the reason why I wouldn't consider getting a second hand ps3
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
mmavipc
level1
level1

Postby mmavipc » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:05 am

lmfao I just read some of the old posts I made and couldn't stop laughing
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 am

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, look where my hand was, time isn't holding up, time isn't after us,
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, then a twister comes, here comes the twister,
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, let the water hold me down...
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

Well, how did I get here?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:26 pm

My father-in-law gave me his old 55" Mitsubishi WS-55315 over the weekend. Whee. It might be old, but it sure is better than a dead 32", plus it was free. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Bloody hell, I'm not sure I've ever lived somewhere with enough floor space to house one of those.

-----
The Sarcophagus over Reactor 4 & the chimney stack of Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, in Lego - Work In Progress.

This is a prime indication that either
a) I've done far too much work on this Chernobyl PhD
or
b) I'm not doing nearly enough work on this PhD
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Right about now is the moment I've decided to be very happy I happen to not be on campus during the World Cup final, especially if Germany wins tomorrow. The Netherlands and Germany have always had rivalries on multiple levels, plus we lost the '74 final from (then West-)Germany. On top of that this campus is barely 10 km from the German border, and we have quite the German population on-campus. It doesn't matter which way the final goes, if it's between those two countries it is a recipe for war. :P

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 pm

On the realm of weird news, Blizzard has decided that starting with Starcraft 2 anyone posting on the official forums will be doing so under their real name.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 am

Xocrates wrote:On the realm of weird news, Blizzard has decided that starting with Starcraft 2 anyone posting on the official forums will be doing so under their real name.

Wait, you mean I might not have just been Zerg rushed by Pres. Obama?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Xocrates wrote:On the realm of weird news, Blizzard has decided that starting with Starcraft 2 anyone posting on the official forums will be doing so under their real name.

My predictions:
  1. People will get incredibly angry and small group of players will stop using the forums.
  2. Some of the trolls will use the real life information to harass others in the real world (i.e. order pizzas to their houses). Some fuckwaddery will occur.
  3. At this point, one of two things will happen: either Blizzard will cave, and return things to status quo, or after the initial tribulations, things will pretty much return to normal, with significantly less trolling.

I am not saying that Blizzard are doing the right thing, but I do think that this is a really interesting experiment, and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. In general, I don't see the need for anonymity across large sections of the internet (note that I use my real name just about everywhere, and that most of my personal information is pretty much up for grabs to anyone who is paying attention), but I am willing to change my mind, in part dependent upon how this works out.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Well, I heard one good argument against it:

After you have been grieved in WoW for 3 hours straight by a a group of players following you everywhere, you decide to post, in your anger, a rant about such idotic fucktards and the like.
Then you try to apply for a job, say school teacher, police man, public function, and they decide to google your name.
What shows up? Your stupid rant with alot of curses about some grievers, along with your name.

I think it's a bad idea, cause you can easily misplace things out of context from the Internet. Really, for me internet has no context at all of relevance to the things I'm saying.

For me there is a clear barrier between my normal live and internet live, and giving away peoples real names is something that will lead some people to cross this line, a line which in my opinion should not be crossed if not agree upon from both sides. Crossing this line, I would deem irresponsible and stupid cause you may never know where it leads you, I would for example take it seriously upon myself.

That being said, it does seem that were moving to a more transparent society, in which information becomes more and more public, or fall into the hands of certain conglomerates.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 pm

concerning the blizzard thing: an interesting cracked article on the subject of trolling:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16765_5- ... ernet.html
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

I'd hate to see what would happen if we used the Robot9000 in this thread...
Last edited by elexis on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”