Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:17 am

MrBunsy wrote:
martin wrote:with another person, they're building the front end and I'm building the backend server scripts, not gonna be using much canvas but it's pretty hard to do the cube sample without it ;)

Heh, opposite to me then. I'm working with someone, but I'm doing all the client side and he's dealing with the server side. I'm good at blaming him for when something doesn't work and it turning out to be my fault. Good fun though, and we might even finish the project sometime!
You two sure you're not working with each other?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 am

You know, maybe it helped it was 2am, but I was actually surprised at how enjoyable Doom was.

Sure, the thing was dumb as a rock (no pun intended), and despite the fact I never played any of the games I'm pretty sure the thing was Doom in name only, not to mention that the writers know as much about genetics as I do about the life habits of alpha centauri smeerps.

But the shootey explodey stuff was enjoyable, they did have some (small) interesting ideas executed with various degrees of success, and it had Karl Urban.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 pm

NeatNit wrote:
MrBunsy wrote:
martin wrote:with another person, they're building the front end and I'm building the backend server scripts, not gonna be using much canvas but it's pretty hard to do the cube sample without it ;)

Heh, opposite to me then. I'm working with someone, but I'm doing all the client side and he's dealing with the server side. I'm good at blaming him for when something doesn't work and it turning out to be my fault. Good fun though, and we might even finish the project sometime!

fairly sure

if nothing else, is game-development.appspot.com Mr Bunsys site? :P
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:40 pm

MaximusBrood wrote:However, people seem to be far too intent on finding out 'how it actually happened'; Memento isn't about this. It's useless to contemplate about whether Leonard did or did not kill his wife.

I didn't realise this was a thing. Can't a guy be a brain-damaged narcissist without having murdered his own wife?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:04 pm

NeatNit wrote:
MrBunsy wrote:

Unless martin is actually one of my housemates in disguise, yes, I'm reasonably sure :P
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:11 pm

I wouldn't discount that possiblity...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:15 pm

Someone got some serious math skills?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Pretty much 90% of the community here does.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:57 pm

NeatNit wrote:Pretty much 90% of the community here does.

ie. xander?

My only house mates are my family, unfortunately, and they're all way too boring to be on these forums ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:04 am

Jordy... wrote:Someone got some serious math skills?

Ask a question, and we shall see if anyone can answer it.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:56 am

Oh well oke :), it's related to www.node-def.com. The idea is that you program a node, wich will perform the programmed instructions according to priority and possibility. I am intrested in, how I can program a node to let it replicate itself as fast as possible.
The node can be instructed to replicate in all direction, withing 360 degree. Between a distance of 1-100.
To create a new node costs 2 seconds, to travel a distance of 1 takes 0.1 second, to transfer the programmed instructions takes 0.2 second per instruction, and an additional 0.06 seconds per 1 distance. The diameter of a node is 20 distance.
The replication is indefinite and nodes cannot overlap.

:)
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:36 am

Some quick math (which could have been wrong) told me you should try replicating 0 distance at 0, 60, 120, 180, -120 and -60 degrees.

Again, I could be wrong.

Edit: Tried it, nope. It might work on distance 1, but I can't put it in that exact spot and.. it should really be more perfect editable! Either that or I'm missing a feature.
Edit2: WOAH, this is weird
apparently, put it on 61 degrees instead of 60, and it works!! Consider it a glitch, but it works!

Edit 3: umm, it only works in one direction though, so have it point to the left and it'll spread upwards.

Edit 4: umm, yeah, change the -120 to -119 and it works the other way too.

Edit 5: It appears that, it being a glitch, it sometime works and sometimes doesn't. Seems to have to do with the way it's pointing, because if one works all its children work.

FINAL GODDAMN EDIT: use the thing I said at first. It works SOMETIMES.

ImageLooks like a drawing, doesn't it? As you can see, some of these worked while others failed miserably. All used the same program.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 am

it does look like a painting, :) you can only spread distance 0 at 0, 90, and 180 degrees, other have to be 1 apart. But are you sure the extra time it takes to transfer all these insteructions make good for eventually by spreading more?
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:50 am

Nope! :D
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:10 am

My computer has started making this funny whistling noise at me whenever I move my cursor across Firefox. Rather bizarre. And annoying.

Shwart!!

Return to “Introversion Lounge”