Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 am

TomCat39 wrote:
Imperius Rex wrote:Yeah I'm calling BS on that story. Most office chairs are mechanical are they not, and do not contain a pressurized gas canister? Also, if that is supposed to be the chair... where is the blood from the boy it killed? surely if it killed him, even by shrapnel there should be some amount of blood.

but then again a little searching turned up this... http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007 ... 096611.htm

apparently china does not care what its own people use lol.. and I have to ask.. if this happened about a year and a half ago... why did they not change design of those chairs, and/or issue a recall?

If you hade a small ball of steel shoot straight up your ass, the bleeding would start massively internally. The boy would be off the chair long before the blood reached his pants or anywhere else.

Most office chairs that have the lever to move up and down use "pressurized gas cylinders". And if you've ever put them together you know the lever pushes a button up top. Most likely that button was a little metal cap about the size of a quarter or a touch bigger. And it was that cap/valve switch that got blown up the boys colon, shredding his innards nicely.

Most likely there wasn't anyone with any true level 2 or higher first aid training, so the boy wasn't rushed to the hospital, or treated immediately for shock while waiting for the ambulance service. If there was a true first aid attendant there, they would have gone through the ABC's and the boy probably would have lived after being rushed to ER for immediate surgery for internal hemorrhaging.

It's amazing what you learn when you become a level 2 (within 10 minutes of ambulance service) occupational first aid attendant.

Wow, now thats some information I don't think I could have come across by googling it :) thanks. and no that is not sarcasm.
~~Only Two Things Are Infinite: The Universe & Human Stupidity; And I'm Not Sure About The Universe~~
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 am

Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Xocrates wrote:You know you want one!

Yes but what about the Vampire Robot Zombie Nazi's who have taken over Chuck Norris... what good is that then?
~~Only Two Things Are Infinite: The Universe & Human Stupidity; And I'm Not Sure About The Universe~~
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:42 pm

You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:18 am

Empire total war is good if in incredibly buggy.
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 am

zjoere wrote:http://www.chrisconnollyonline.com/2009/02/72-is-partial-compendium-latvian-humor.html

read this... and then shortly thereafter read this on slashdot.... made me chuckle

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid ... 22/0310236
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:06 pm

this looks an interesting add-on for firefox:
http://add-art.org/

anybody tried it yet ? Mayby I should replace add block with that
You're so vain, you probably think this sig is about you
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:11 pm

zjoere wrote:this looks an interesting add-on for firefox:
http://add-art.org/

anybody tried it yet ? Mayby I should replace add block with that

Looks interesting indeed. However, I wonder how much it would slow down Firefox.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:49 pm

I have a new website up:

martindevans.appspot.com

I doubt anyone is interested :P

I built myself a blogging system and a forum in python, served from google appengine :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Text needs a color change. That blue is a bit offensive.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:22 pm

the blue on html links? yeah that's the default I've not got around to changing it yet :P

Everyone who sees the site suggests a few tweaks to the styling :roll:
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:25 pm

martin wrote:Everyone who sees the site suggests a few tweaks to the styling :roll:

Do what I did with Sky. Say you suck at design, let others build a prototype template they never finish, spend way too many hours finishing it yourself and then say you made it yourself. :P

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:32 pm

I really need to redesign my site, which is ultimately useless anyway because I have nothing to put on it :<
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:43 pm

jelco wrote:
martin wrote:Everyone who sees the site suggests a few tweaks to the styling :roll:

Do what I did with Sky. Say you suck at design, let others build a prototype template they never finish, spend way too many hours finishing it yourself and then say you made it yourself. :P

Problem is that I too claim that I suck at designing a website :P
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 pm

jelco wrote:

Jelco

yeah. but no one wants to build a template for my website, also I'm building the site partly as practice for the info & the web module I'm doing in uni atm - so getting someone else to do it kinda defeats the point.

Also, I fixed the hyperlink colouring :)

Return to “Introversion Lounge”