Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

Well, this is interesting. Last month I decided to pre-order DOWII from amazon.co.uk. It was the special edition with a shiny tin which included some bonus wargear for the game.

Eventually, I found out that I could pre-order the game as direct download from THQ with the UK retail price, which I estimate would be about the same I would pay after the amazon one got VAT and shipping costs added, and also receive bonus wargear. So I decided to cancel from amazon and order from THQ instead.

This morning I check my mails and I find an email from amazon with a code to unlock the Bonus gear, despite the fact that I won't get the game from them :roll:
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:58 am

I bought it direct from THQ. Installing as we speak.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 pm

I got two identical codes from Game! Xocrates, want to trade extra codes? <.< >.>
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:I got two identical codes from Game! Xocrates, want to trade extra codes? <.< >.>

Maybe. Yours were the Destroyer set, right?

Amazon sent me the Sternguard set. So it's basically the choice between standard marines equipment or heavy weapons.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Xarlaxas wrote:I got two identical codes from Game!

The way I read it, "two identical codes" means that you got the same code twice. Obviously, this needs elaborating. :P

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Ah, yes, I meant two codes for the same gear, but different codes!
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Holy crap, I think I have that chair in my room. :shock:
That's scary.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Holy crap, I think I have that chair in my room. :shock:
That's scary.

Burn it.

Actually, wait. Pressurized gas...

Burn it.
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:14 am

Seems a little far fetched.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:10 am

The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall; John has a long mustache, John has a long mustache...
Imperius Rex
level1
level1

Postby Imperius Rex » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:53 am

Yeah I'm calling BS on that story. Most office chairs are mechanical are they not, and do not contain a pressurized gas canister? Also, if that is supposed to be the chair... where is the blood from the boy it killed? surely if it killed him, even by shrapnel there should be some amount of blood.

but then again a little searching turned up this... http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007 ... 096611.htm

apparently china does not care what its own people use lol.. and I have to ask.. if this happened about a year and a half ago... why did they not change design of those chairs, and/or issue a recall?
~~Only Two Things Are Infinite: The Universe & Human Stupidity; And I'm Not Sure About The Universe~~
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:05 am

Feud wrote:The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall; John has a long mustache, John has a long mustache...

It has been a Red Dawn.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

Imperius Rex wrote:Yeah I'm calling BS on that story. Most office chairs are mechanical are they not, and do not contain a pressurized gas canister?

I'm pretty damn sure the office chairs I know have an air canister - you push a lever down and the seat rises while you hold the lever in the down position.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:21 am

Imperius Rex wrote:Yeah I'm calling BS on that story. Most office chairs are mechanical are they not, and do not contain a pressurized gas canister? Also, if that is supposed to be the chair... where is the blood from the boy it killed? surely if it killed him, even by shrapnel there should be some amount of blood.

but then again a little searching turned up this... http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007 ... 096611.htm

apparently china does not care what its own people use lol.. and I have to ask.. if this happened about a year and a half ago... why did they not change design of those chairs, and/or issue a recall?

If you hade a small ball of steel shoot straight up your ass, the bleeding would start massively internally. The boy would be off the chair long before the blood reached his pants or anywhere else.

Most office chairs that have the lever to move up and down use "pressurized gas cylinders". And if you've ever put them together you know the lever pushes a button up top. Most likely that button was a little metal cap about the size of a quarter or a touch bigger. And it was that cap/valve switch that got blown up the boys colon, shredding his innards nicely.

Most likely there wasn't anyone with any true level 2 or higher first aid training, so the boy wasn't rushed to the hospital, or treated immediately for shock while waiting for the ambulance service. If there was a true first aid attendant there, they would have gone through the ABC's and the boy probably would have lived after being rushed to ER for immediate surgery for internal hemorrhaging.

It's amazing what you learn when you become a level 2 (within 10 minutes of ambulance service) occupational first aid attendant.
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander

Return to “Introversion Lounge”