Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:00 am

Mas Tnega wrote:I was recently banned from teaching 10-bit binary to primary school children.

Apparently, parents didn't really appreciate them learning from my "4, 6, 134, and 390 on your hands" introduction.

[/nerd humour]

Should have given them a 13
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:23 am

Hmm, GTA4 annouced for PC. Nice, to see the Euporia engine on PC. Hopefully it will be VERY moddable.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:26 am

Oooh, GTA3 again, but with TV instead of radio. I should get excited.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Hmm...

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:38 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:Hmm...

Jelco

I fully support it, movie tie in games have a long shameful history of being shoddy games that are only successful due to the name on the box. I'm glad that as of yet a great movie like The Dark Knight is being prostituted to peddle a crappy game.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Feud wrote:
jelco the galactaboy wrote:Hmm...

Jelco

I fully support it, movie tie in games have a long shameful history of being shoddy games that are only successful due to the name on the box. I'm glad that as of yet a great movie like The Dark Knight is being prostituted to peddle a crappy game.

While I agree with you, the fact that EA passed(?) on this must be a sure sign of the Apocalypse :shock:
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:01 pm

According to Tweakers.Net (Dutch) where I read it, there is a game in the making according to rumours. It appears that Gary Oldman let slip that he has seen bits of a game in an interview, but no further details have been released yet.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I just got a $10,000 student loan check. Coupled with 5k in grants, the farm is saved!
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Yay! That sounds like a good deal of money, good luck with your studentiness!
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Hurr hurr...can Mojave cover up this? :P

EDIT: Two articles more which I just stumbled across which are also worth reading - although being about completely different things.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 pm

That first one makes me worry as my wife cancelled the idea of a system build for me and we bought a HP from walmart that came with Vista... the others are actually quite interesting.
I wasn't here.
Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Landlord wasn't happy that we hadn't the apartment spotless for when the estate agent came up. Well gee we're packing everything up, of course it wont be. Said we have till the end of the week or he would have to give us our notice.

Threatening me is not a good idea.
Uplink help: Read the FAQ
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 pm

advertisement:

2 online games that i really like:

UrbanDead is a webbased mmorpg set in a city where a zombie outbreak has taken place and since then the city has been in quarantine. You can play as either survivor or zombie, although i would recommend beginning as a survivor since they are a bit outbalanced and easier to play then zombies.

particracy is a political simulator in wich you form a political party and participate in elections. You make proposals for laws so the people know what your stances are. Has some fun RP in some countries if you're into that. If you want any company I have two inactive parties in endralon and dranland I can reactivate. I'm currently not playing the game. They are currently working on particracy 2.

end of advertisement.

EDIT: [url=http://www.cracked.com/blog/2008/08/11/orson-scott-card-wants-you-to-rise-up-against-the-government-but-in-the-worst-way-possible/[/url]orson scott card[/url] apperently has gone insane
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:17 pm

There is no such thing as a worst way possible when it comes to rising up against the government. Besides, if all the homophobes do it, I'd be at a TV eating popcorn to see what the liberals will do. You know, apart from post about it in their livejournal.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:There is no such thing as a worst way possible when it comes to rising up against the government.

Oh, I don't know about that. On a scale of good ways to do it I would say that the American Revolution was better than the French Revolution, and that the revolt by the people against the Soviet government was better than the Communist revolt against the Romanov's.

After reading the original article, he definitely seems worked up over the issue. His action call seems to be based upon a hypothetical situation where same-sex marriage was not only legalized by Judicial means rather than Legislative, but also where the government is forcefully taking and indoctrinating children:

Orson Scott Card wrote:If America becomes a place where our children are taken from us by law and forced to attend schools where they are taught that cohabitation is as good as marriage, that motherhood doesn't require a husband or father, and that homosexuality is as valid a choice as heterosexuality for their future lives, then why in the world should married people continue to accept the authority of such a government?

In any case, while we may share the same religion, I'm glad that he is a pundit rather than a Prophet.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”