Let's go.........RANDOM!

The place to hang out and talk about totally anything general.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
Xocrates wrote:If you think that having half his face burned, hearing his girlfriend die, being in serious pain and while in this condition being tricked by a psychotic murderer, especially for a character that had previously shown he could push his own moral code away if seriously pissed, is too sudden and unmotivated. Then I seriously don't want to know what you call motivated.

He might have pushed his moral code, but he's not insane. I also remind you that he was already largely in such a mental shape before the Joker arrived at the hospital, he just pushed him over the edge.

Errr... Are you trying to agree or disagree?

(and by the way, I believe in the original comics Two-Face is even less motivated since he turned a criminal simply because he lost half his face)

Xocrates wrote:And it was much easier to follow and enjoy now that I wasn't freaked out everytime the Joker did something particularly insane or gruesome.

Once again, I think his insanity or gruesome levels could've gone up a few notches, there was nothing particularly freaky in there to me.

Considering that the movie is rated PG-13 in the US and that comic book movies are generally the popcorn type of movie, they already push it pretty hard. Not to mention that many of the most gruesome stuff happens off-screen.

By the way, is it just me or are you suffering from Hype backlash?
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 am

Too fat to be executed?

With increasing cases of obesity in Americans, does this suggest America's capital punishment laws will soon no longer be enforceable?
Uplink help: Check out the Guide or FAQ.
Latest Uplink patch is v1.55.
zjoere
level5
level5

Postby zjoere » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Montyphy wrote:Too fat to be executed?

With increasing cases of obesity in Americans, does this suggest America's capital punishment laws will soon no longer be enforceable?

can't they just give him the chair if his veins are too hard to find ?
dunetrooper
level4
level4

Postby dunetrooper » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 pm

He broke it already.
I wasn't here.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:38 pm

Ah, looks like a good loophole. To anyone on murder charges / with psychotic urges / running ReiserFS: chow down.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:04 pm

zjoere wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Too fat to be executed?

can't they just give him the chair if his veins are too hard to find ?

Ohio doesn't use the electric chair.

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Xocrates wrote:By the way, is it just me or are you suffering from Hype backlash?

And what would that be?

Basically, this:

Rkiver
level5
level5

Postby Rkiver » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 pm

So saw the apartmentm it's not quite finished yet, the floor has to go in, I has photos though.
56k crowd beware.

This would be the storage room, which will likely end up with shelves on the right, and a server on the left. The big box in the top left is the fiber to the home connection.

Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Picture doesn't do it much justice, it's quite a bit bigger then that.
Ensuite bathroom
Second bedroom, to become the office. Paint chipped or something, but that has to be redone also.
Same room, view from opposite corner.
Hallway, first looking towards sitting room, exit and storage, and then looking towards the bedrooms.
Sitting room from just in the door, yay for balcony, and then from opposite corner showing kitchen.
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Well, now you're making me jealous, that looks like a really nice place. :)
Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:27 pm

Me too... I'm still trying to find information on student mortgages that I would be able to afford.
Mojo
level2
level2

Postby Mojo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Rkiver wrote:So saw the apartmentm it's not quite finished yet, the floor has to go in, I has photos though.
56k crowd beware.

This would be the storage room, which will likely end up with shelves on the right, and a server on the left. The big box in the top left is the fiber to the home connection.

Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Picture doesn't do it much justice, it's quite a bit bigger then that.
Ensuite bathroom
Second bedroom, to become the office. Paint chipped or something, but that has to be redone also.
Same room, view from opposite corner.
Hallway, first looking towards sitting room, exit and storage, and then looking towards the bedrooms.
Sitting room from just in the door, yay for balcony, and then from opposite corner showing kitchen.

Xarlaxas
level5
level5

Postby Xarlaxas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 pm

Why? -_-
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:44 pm

Nice bright flat...balcony is cool and will add to the airiness of the place I suspect.

Got S.T.A.L.K.E.R to work though not sure how...installed, reinstalled a couple of times, same error, then all of a sudden it worked??? Got a bit of the Deus Ex to it...interesting.

Also got Fahrenheit for £6 and enjoying it...always wanted to play this but never got around to it...just started but so far it seems to be a cross between Silent Hill and Broken Sword.
Montyphy
level5
level5

Postby Montyphy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Rkiver wrote:This would be the storage room, which will likely end up with shelves on the right, and a server on the left. The big box in the top left is the fiber to the home connection.

STOP! STOP! STOP!

Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 pm

ynbniar wrote:Also got Fahrenheit for £6 and enjoying it...always wanted to play this but never got around to it...just started but so far it seems to be a cross between Silent Hill and Broken Sword.

I got it for free with a magazine :wink:

Farenheit can be interesting, until the point it goes completely "snooker loopy" and ends up just being rather silly.

Return to “Introversion Lounge”